By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
noname2200 said:
zexen_lowe said:

That was such an interesting and long read

Long? Nah. Interesting? I'd say so.  Consider it Reason #1 why no one else should repeat my mistake, and count on masons...

yet the town still came pretty close :)

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

It's not that you had your vote on the right people, but that it's really suspicious to bounce votes. When there's not much to go on, things like that tend to look a lot more suspicious.

Anyway, I think you did really well.

I don't think I heard anyone say, "why are the mafia leaving the doc alive". I think everyone assumed that they had their reasons, yet nobody questioned that bit.

Final-Fan always moves his vote around a lot.  If that is why people thought he was suspicious, then they were suspecting Final-Fan for being Final-Fan.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

It's not that you had your vote on the right people, but that it's really suspicious to bounce votes. When there's not much to go on, things like that tend to look a lot more suspicious.

I don't think I heard anyone say, "why are the mafia leaving the doc alive". I think everyone assumed that they had their reasons, yet nobody questioned that bit.

Final-Fan always moves his vote around a lot.  If that is why people thought he was suspicious, then they were suspecting Final-Fan for being Final-Fan.

was only my second game so I'm not at all used to play styles. 

Well I'd say "often" rather than "always". 

But as for not knowing play styles, I pointed out that I do it when I'm nervous and don't have a strong top candidate and that past games would bear that out.  You should have asked someone to verify or call bullshit if you suspected I was lying. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:

it was also nen earlier in the game who responded to one of my interrogations by saying, "that's how I always play".

It's scummy to say that, because it makes it look like you're in the mindset of "trying to act normal". Getting defensive just shows that the scum thought it was a smart move to act "normal", and is being called out on it.

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

Well I'd say "often" rather than "always". 

But as for not knowing play styles, I pointed out that I do it when I'm nervous and don't have a strong top candidate and that past games would bear that out.  You should have asked someone to verify or call bullshit if you suspected I was lying. 

I was dead most the time I was thinking it was you :P so it didn't matter much.  SAK and HAT were way above you. Although looking back I see what Hat did to make you seem his buddy and also notice when he covered nen.  Had I lived past day 4 I would have looked more into things like that that I didn't while dead.

mason thread is embarrassing :(

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

noname2200 said:
zexen_lowe said:

That was such an interesting and long read

Long? Nah. Interesting? I'd say so.  Consider it Reason #1 why no one else should repeat my mistake, and count on masons...

Your sarcasm detector need updating

Man with these guys the town had no chance, now i feel good that we put Trucks out of his misery xD

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:

it was also nen earlier in the game who responded to one of my interrogations by saying, "that's how I always play".

It's scummy to say that, because it makes it look like you're in the mindset of "trying to act normal". Getting defensive just shows that the scum thought it was a smart move to act "normal", and is being called out on it.

Well, I mean, there's being defensive, and there's giving a true explanation of one's behavior.  nen was in fact scum, of course, but I don't buy that you shouldn't point out that some behavior of yours is typical of yourself, when interrogated about that behavior.  What are you supposed to do, not defend yourself? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

OMG Seriously guys?

I attacked nen from Day one...

I was right the whole time.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.