By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Seems I forgot to finish the point of my first question in the last post:

As a townie, I have no idea if I'm getting off of a mafia lynch and onto a fellow townie one. At this point if FF is the final mafia, it's ridiculous to paint me out as suspicious for not lynching mafia.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:

The problem with that logic is that I know I'm not mafia, and you supposedly know you're not mafia, so from my perspective the odds don't increase at all, since if I mislynch you (or you mislynch me) then that pretty much means nen is mafia (and not doctor).  He kills someone, bam game over. 

Admittedly, the logic works for nen and radish, but NOT ME (or you).  I didn't look at it from other people's perspectives. 

So it still comes down to whether I think you or nen are mafia, and a nightkill could not possibly hurt the odds from my perspective.  But since No Lynch probably won't happen,

Unvote No Lynch
Vote Linkzmax

It took you an hour and this is what you come up with?

As I said, what reason would nen have to not kill someone last night? There's just no logical explanation. This isn't like last round which radish pointed out, because we already have the doctor claim. Choosing not to kill wouldn't create any confusion, it's just pointless. You're really going to have to do a better job at making nen out to be suspicious if I am to be convinced that a no lynch is the better option.

Also, the logic isn't faulty unless you and I are both townies. Your vote for me suggests you think otherwise. I will give you the fact that you are right that our individual odds don't increase with a lynch today, again IF we are both townies. But it's unlikely that they'll increase by allowing a night kill either. Today you're suspicious of nen and I. nen, as scum, would obviously not night kill me and make himself the only target.

Yes because I am doing nothing all day and night but hitting F5 on this thread over and over and over. 

You are misunderstanding my problem with your logic.  I am a townie, and from my perspective the odds don't get better with a lynch today, because I am sure radish is innocent, so if there is a mislynch of either you or nen then obviously there will be no help from the doctor because either he got lynched or he was a lying mafia. 

(In other words, since we are completely confident radish is a mason based on TOS's comments, and trusting that the masons were the cop equivalent in this game -- i.e. no damned mafia mason which is bullshit anyway -- it's LYLO whether there are 4 people, or 3, just like I said initially.) 

From YOUR perspective, IF you are a townie then the situation would be EXACTLY THE SAME. 

THE PROBLEM IN YOUR LOGIC DOES NOT HINGE ON BOTH OF US BEING TOWNIES AT ALL.  The problem in your logic is that it only works from the perspective of "mason radish" or "doctor nen", not "townie linkz".  So if you are thinking up tactics that don't even make sense from your individual point of view, I am naturally going to think that you manufactured them for other people because you are scum and just need to convince other people to do something. 

Man, you are so clever I keep getting almost convinced.  I actually deleted the above at one point because I started to think you were right.  (Thank you Ctrl-Z!)  But the logic is clear. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

nen, radish, I need you to read these posts by me and Linkz very carefully because he is FIENDISHLY clever. 

If the two of us are just sitting here outsmarting each other while nen or (god forbid) radish coast to victory, well I will be crying, but I really don't think so.  I think he outsmarted himself and I caught it. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

And Just to be clear, the REASON the logic fails for "townie linkz" but not "mason radish" or "doctor nen" is because of the targets.  (The following assumes radish is innocent and doesn't get lynched.)

radish and nen's perspective: 
One of FF and Linkz get lynched and the other is mafia --> plan works, doc nen gets a 50% shot at saving himself or radish
Innocent Linkz's perspective: 
One of FF and nen get lynched and the other is mafia --> plan fails, there is no doc (lynched or mafia)
Innocent FF's perspective: 
One of Linkz and nen get lynched and the other is mafia --> plan fails, there is no doc (lynched or mafia)

Therefore, a townie Linkz (or FF) should not have come up with the plan.  Linkz came up with the plan --> Linkz is not townie. 

Linkz, can you prove that I am mistaken about this? 

Final-Fan said:

And Just to be clear, the REASON the logic fails for "townie linkz" but not "mason radish" or "doctor nen" is because of the targets.  (The following assumes radish is innocent and doesn't get lynched.)

One of FF and Linkz get lynched and the other is mafia --> plan works, doc nen gets a 50% shot at saving himself or radish
One of FF and nen get lynched and the other is mafia --> plan fails, there is no doc (lynched or mafia)
One of Linkz and nen get lynched and the other is mafia --> plan fails, there is no doc (lynched or mafia)

Therefore, a townie Linkz (or FF) should not have come up with the plan.  Linkz came up with the plan --> Linkz is not townie. 

OH SHIT I SEE THE LIGHT

OH WOW LINKZ I WITNESS THE MAJESTY OF YOUR PLAN

You see, the problem is that in these games I think I can't get lynched.  And to be fair, it's only happened to me once on VGC. 

Around the Network

OK, so bottom line nen and radish:  Ignore all my posts on this page before this one. 
Now lynch Linkz

Final-Fan said:
You see, the problem is that in these games I think I can't get lynched.  And to be fair, it's only happened to me once on VGC.

PS I was innocent

Final-Fan said:

Curse you! You've foiled.. oh wait, you're mistaken. Nevermind.

I am not even considering nen being mafia, only you. Thus my odds as a townie are the same as with nen and radish. 50% chance they agree and lynch you today, if not then there's a 50% chance nen protects your target at night and then you're the clear lynch tomorrow.

I thought saying "I would've liked better reasoning as to why nen or radish could be scum. Otherwise it's actually quite obvious that the best choice for today is actually to lynch." to you made that clear. You are my only suspect at this point. If I did suspect nen then yes you're absolutely right, no lynch is the way to go.

Might I once again point out your logic fail, FF? As you've stated from "Inno FF's perspective," Linkz or nen is mafia. Though unlikely, a night kill could make tomorrow's decision easier, but at worst there's no chance that it lessens the odds for town to win. You should be voting for a no lynch even if you doubt it's likely to happen, but you've voted for me.

Ok guys am at work and its usually the time when i'm the only one online so i post when ever i have time to read 

am suprised so see the 2 of you online two online at this time.

I 'll answer Linkz first question now and the rest later.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)