By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Vetteman94 said:
zexen_lowe said:
Vetteman94 said:

You do realize that is was hatmoza originally arguing about the number of mafia that there could be, despite eventually agreeing that there is probably 5.  Is there a reason you didnt bring up hatmoza's name as well, who originally started the arguement?

Also on another point you made,   there is still a possibility of having 2 night kills tonight.  Having 5 mafia wouldnt limit the chance of there being a SK or a Vigilante.   So dont doubt the possibility of it happening.  

VA-NI-LLA GA-ME

Unless we have two different definitions of vanilla

Our last game was a Vanilla game as well,  it had a Vigilante.  Although we didnt have a doctor

And yes we do have different definitions of Vanilla,  to me a Vigilante and SK is a common role seen in Mafia, and I would refer to them as vanilla roles. But if you want to get completely technical,  vanilla as an adjective would mean Mafia at its simplist form, only Town and Mafia.  And I dont think anyone would go for that.

Well, that's what I thought when I played my first vanilla game, too. I was suprised to see a doctor and a SK.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:

What happened to joking in day ones? I miss them. In the last couple days it just seems they disappeared. 

I think everyone has gotten paranoid. 

Also, 

Mafia # discussion dragged out. it's generally an accepted rule, questioning it makes no sense. It's ironic, that people say bringing it up is useless, but the argument they're making is a useless argument too. There's no point! 

People's actions compared to their usual ones: 

GoW - list posts with summary of players on them
SAK - coming late and summarizing, me too! 
j0 - while simultaneously doing the above, being awesome
prof - crazy mofo
zex - he actually hasn't played in a while. I forgot his usual attitude. I hope this is his first game as mafia, though. 
gnizmo - is it me or does gnizmo have a "no-bullshit" attitude"
Linkz - I haven't played enough of the last 3 games to get his general attitude, he has the same tone, though. 
Wonk - I don't know. 
hatmoza - Lately, he has had a trend of predicting mafia thoughts on day one. "If they did this, it must mean they're mafia!"
 MG - His posts are got to be the shortest ever. GAWD
Scottie - Is thi shis first game? 
Vetteman - on the opposite pole of the general consensus, as usual.
Silver-Tiger - is trying to make an effort to participate. Which is interesting, the last time I played when he was scum he merely summarized and lurked. 
nen-suer - You know, although he has the same general tone, his useless questioning of the 5 rule seems weird to me. 

(FF, Radish, Heph, IMU, Soleron and Scottie haven't posted enough in my recent memory)

Note: Tells don't usually give away scumness, people learn to act the same when they have either role. I just thought this was an interesting thing to bring up. 

1st day joking has gotten a few people in past games lynched so people have stopped doing that.

Explain to me what is the general consensus of today and how I have opposed it?

hatmoza said:

Just to elaborate on Vette's post to Zexen.

SK IS a standard Vanilla role. It's on the very first page of the mafia wiki.

Zexen, you are being pretty extreme with every topic, example you touch ...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=104519&page=1

I hosted that very game, and they asked me to make it Vanilla, that is, Mafia, Townie, Cop, Doctor.

If the definition of vanilla has changed since the 9 months-ish that I haven't played, I can't do much, but you should know that Vanilla implies that.

Vetteman94 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

What happened to joking in day ones? I miss them. In the last couple days it just seems they disappeared. 

Also, 

Mafia # discussion dragged out. it's generally an accepted rule, questioning it makes no sense. It's ironic, that people say bringing it up is useless, but the argument they're making is a useless argument too. There's no point! 

prof - crazy mofo
zex - he actually hasn't played in a while. I forgot his usual attitude. I hope this is his first game as mafia, though. 
Linkz - I haven't played enough of the last 3 games to get his general attitude, he has the same tone, though. 
Wonk - I don't know. 
hatmoza - Lately, he has had a trend of predicting mafia thoughts on day one. "If they did this, it must mean they're mafia!"
Silver-Tiger - is trying to make an effort to participate. Which is interesting, the last time I played when he was scum he merely summarized and lurked. 
nen-suer - You know, although he has the same general tone, his useless questioning of the 5 rule seems weird to me. 

(FF, Radish, Heph, IMU, Soleron and Scottie haven't posted enough in my recent memory)

Note: Tells don't usually give away scumness, people learn to act the same when they have either role. I just thought this was an interesting thing to bring up. 

1st day joking has gotten a few people in past games lynched so people have stopped doing that.

I actually meant that vanilla discussion. 

Upon review,though,  it seems people are considering vigilante vanilla roles. I dunno what noname thinks on the subject. I wasn't keeping track of that game. You may be right. 

But you just wait! you'll get in a huge discussion sometime in the game, and start arguing the hell with someone. I can feel it!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Current votes (11 needed to lynch):

[1, L-10] GOW:  MG

[1, L-10] MG:  GOW

[1, L-10] FF:  PROF

[1, L-10] NEN:  ZEX

[1, L-10] PROF: GNIZ

Around the Network

It's been a busy day... I'm expecting the same tomorrow. I'm hear now, though. Catching up with the thread.

Just a friendly reminder, there are no deadlines in this game, unless people ask for one.

Gnizmo said:
Silver-Tiger said:

People who have yet to post:

Soleron (last online 2 hours ago)

Scottie (last online 4 hours ago)

IMU1808 (online now [!] )

Topics of substance to respond to - 0. This is more relevant when there is actual discussion rather than a bunch of people chasing their own tails.

Well we have to get voting out of the way eventually though.I am going to go with Prof. Seems a safe bet so far.

Vote: Theprof.

couple questions; (your vote is fine)

silver-tiger posted a list of people who haven't posted yet. You were not on the list.

You quoted silver-tiger and said that there isn't anything to respond to. (despite the fact that you were not being accused of anything) Am I to believe that you white-knighted these fellow mafia players?

Secondly, you describe the posting as "people chasing their own tails". Do you believe that these players are townies? Zex, Vette, Hatmoza, etc? Because I wouldn't describe them as chasing their own tails. That would imply that they are townies who are following bad leads, etc. Please elaborate why these players are on a wild goose chase, and not mafia sowing disruption.

I find it also ironic, that when you look at these two sentences together, and attribute titles, we get a picture of the environment according to Gnizmo.

People who aren't talking don't need to talk. People who are talking are townies. (at least that's how I see it)

Since we're doing "safe votes" and you seem to be garnering most of my attention despite your scant 2 posts, I'm going to vote for you.

unvote

vote: gnizmo

c03n3nj0 said:
Vetteman94 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Also, 

prof - crazy mofo
Wonk - I don't know. 

I actually meant that vanilla discussion. 

Upon review,though,  it seems people are considering vigilante vanilla roles. I dunno what noname thinks on the subject. I wasn't keeping track of that game. You may be right. 

But you just wait! you'll get in a huge discussion sometime in the game, and start arguing the hell with someone. I can feel it!

kind of funny... but I cannot find my name on that list...

On the how many mafia are out there topic:

I do believe that a SK is a standard role and it is also likely that there is one in this game since we are 21 players.

Doing my reread and post counts now, so I may quote a couple older posts that happened before my last post before I get into unread stuff. I'll try to keep this concise as I know long posts,(like GOW's analyses) while quite helpful to those that actually go through them, can really be a chore to read.

@Wonk: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3815590
prof never said I was saying things that look townie, in fact I was asking if that's what he thought my intentions were. Also, I'm horrible at self-analysis, but I don't think I was being defensive since there was not even a fos to protect myself against. I was responding to prof and in doing so trying to figure out what I can about him as well. With that, I'm not sure I like you coming to my aid this early on.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3815597
As prof point's out, the 'GOW is townie' comment was sarcastic, though not meant to be humorous. I know full well that whether or not his behavior matches a previous round doesn't really provide a clue as to alignment.
Wouldn't you say radish was close to being lynched day one DUE to how he played? Also things were a bit swingy, but all four of you helped at one point to get votes onto radish. Kantor just took the lead because he was playing differently from normal and a few townies took that and ran with it, without any need for scum to get involved.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3816408
Fair enough on the defensive end. Next paragraph, while it may not have been your intentions, it was the end result in my mind. You looked pro-town by saying prof is scummy based on the no lynch/lynch debate. Final paragraph sounds promising, but forgive me for not taking you at your word yet.

@zexen: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3815865
But if given the .0001% chance that it's non-vanilla or noname borked the balance, if there's 7 mafia:
we'll be 13 to 7 tomorrow with a no lynch, which is disadvantageous.
we'd be 12 to 7 tomorrow with a lynch, which is two more mislynches away from lylo.
Of course we'd have better odds of randomly lynching mafia correctly and going to 13 to 6, though it's still below the magical ratio.

Basically I'd agree with nen's point that the number of mafia shouldn't affect our actions today. The actual amount certainly is important, but whatever it may be doesn't change our progression to day two. If you can also without a doubt rule out multiple factions or an SK, than that could actually make a difference in the best action for today.

My only opinion on the matter is I think for a largely vanilla(no cop, or no doc, or both) town, the ratio should be tweaked more towards fewer mafia. That'd be up to the mod of course, and still shouldn't make a difference day one.

ST: "I'm not going to point any fingers, though....yet."
NEN: "You & Hat are my top suspects, but not enough to warrant a vote.....yet."
Many have expressed some hesitation already, but the common way here jumped out at me. It's not much, but I'll be keeping my eyes out for more similarities.

@Stefl: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3816122
Is "he," me or someone else? Regardless of your answer, who would you say has done something useful and where would you rank yourself?

@SAK: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3816281
2. Why do you doubt there could be two night kills? Quickly browsing through previous rounds to compile the Archives I've seen that it's pretty common for multiple factions or an SK to exist in larger rounds like this, even non-themed ones.
3. Do you mean the abundant repetition of the word "scum"? I'd agree it's stupid, but it's not really alliteration. If you're noticing actual alliteration that I haven't, please explain.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3816396
What makes you think noname wouldn't include an SK?