By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TruckOSaurus said:
Linkzmax said:

Stefl1504 - It's where my vote is now, but I'm going to have to fully explain that soon. Stefl may still lead my list of scumspects and I might switch my vote anyway, simply because another scumspect would have more to offer with a flip. That's why I'm off to do the reread

I think the time to fully explain your vote on Stefl has come.

--snip--

I wasn't planning on it until I finished my reread and seeing what ties I notice, but in light of you and radish most likely being masons it seems like that will be less useful. I'll still finish it up(on page 9), but I'll go over my thoughts of Stefl and j0 now, play some more Civ V, and hopefully be done tonight.(real time not game time)

Here's my initial reason for the vote on Stefl.

Stefl, little things:
probably joking, but "I and wonk are scummy scum" could be truth wrapped in the abundant overuse of "scum." Same post hints that I'm mafia implying that I'm town without actually saying I am, but I did state that I am town.
I brought this up much earlier, but never got a reply. It felt like an attack on me, and I was curious at that time as to who actually has done something useful.
Stefl's absence from j0's list might be telling if j0 is scum as I believe. Then again Truck was also missing and it now seems he's pro-town.
Attacks me again, or at least my "contributions." Again I commented on it and said I would remove myself and Stefl from the list, not that I really expected a response this time.
Response to MG - Could be collaborating with a scummate to lead the town into monitoring townies. Here again, Truck did the same though.

bigger things:
Defensive for no reason - MG made a list of players in previous games that lurked and were mafia. Stefl thought it necessary to defend himself against this, and against the point that those that reappear after being accused are mafia.
Followed immediately by a FoS at Wonk and MG -  Wonk for being defensive when not even being accused(Hmmmm) and MG for "appearing scummy?" Also it's minor, but another joke about overusing a word, this time "appear."
Confirmation that it was defensive - I don't buy the explanation because it was clear the list referred to past games.
Semi-defends j0 - I already went over why I think it was odd. In summary: Why defend only one other player in the list?(Especially now that many people agree j0 seems supsicious, if he's scum that's quite suspicious) Why not defend oneself?(Since he was already defensive against something that wasn't even an accusation)
Logic on votes - As stated above, this was part of my reasoning for my vote. It's all very illogical to me. And another implied joke at the end seems like a way to push for another mislynch regardless of who met the gallows that day. Also, this posts comes ~5 days after the last and is a response to second prodding by me for answers.
Weak defense if that against Gnizmo's vote. I also never felt like my vote was defended against properly, though by leaving out most of my reasoning at the time of the vote, I can understand why. Still I find it odd to be defensive against a flipped mafia, but not against two flipped townies and myself.(an unconfirmed townie to the rest of you)
Finally, it's been like pulling teeth again to finally get an answer to my question on who Stef suspects after our discussionThis post still doesn't explain WHO, and the last paragraph just makes no sense. I guess Stefl wanted to see who would bandwagon on SAK, but that would indicate Stefl thinks SAK is actually a townie yet hasn't unvoted. What kind of mistake would radish's vote have been, and why wouldn't Stefl want to believe it?? In the end it says absolutely nothing about nen's vote also.

So there you have it. I'm still fairly convinced Stefl is scum. And in light of the the recent developments and the ongoing reread, I feel like Wonk is now 3rd on my list of scumspects. j0 is up next.

Around the Network

Now that the purge is done:

Vote Time Limit!

Signature goes here!

Current votes (6 required to lynch):

[2, L-4] SAK: STEF, (RAD), NEN

[1, L-5] STEF: LINK

[0, L-6] HAT: (WONK)

[1, L-5] NEN: SAK

[0, L-6] LINK: (RAD)

[0, L-6] TRUCK: (J0)

[1, L-5] JO: FF

[1, L-5] WONK: TRUCK

Votes for a time limit (3 required): STEF, TRUCK

Alright, well my reread hasn't turned up as much as I thought it might. I was following prof's train of thought by seeing who has directed posts at others. radish was jumping out at me for a lack of people he'd respond to, but given the mason bit I guess he was satisfied to sit back in the group and see what developed on the outside. Stefl and j0 stand out for only having a few players direct posts their way.

I haven't really got a clue who the final mafiosi is(along with my suspects Stefl, j0, and Wonk) nor an alternate team should my suspicions prove false. Pretty much just drawing at random, I'd guess hat, nen, FF, and SAK.

I would try harder to find more, but there's plenty still that has yet to be responded to by others. For one, not everyone has denied the cop role yet.

So Linkz, if I understand you correctly, you think that Stefl is more likely to be scum than j0, but you think j0 flipping scum would give us more information than if Stefl flipped scum.  Am I right?  If not, please explain again. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

This is moving sooo slow once again. I'll try to move things along by saying that I'm willing to vote for either Stefl, Wonk or zexen. So if you guys decide on any of those I won't need any convincing and I'll switch my vote.

For now my vote stays on Wonk.

Signature goes here!

Final-Fan said:

So Linkz, if I understand you correctly, you think that Stefl is more likely to be scum than j0, but you think j0 flipping scum would give us more information than if Stefl flipped scum.  Am I right?  If not, please explain again. 

I'd say I'm roughly equally sure about each of them being scum, and the information gained would be about the same. I think j0 is the only other player I'd be willing to vote for today. I might be tempted to switch to Wonk as well, but a lot of my suspicions of him revolve around being suspicious of the other two, but not quite the other way around.

TruckOSaurus said:

This is moving sooo slow once again. I'll try to move things along by saying that I'm willing to vote for either Stefl, Wonk or zexen. So if you guys decide on any of those I won't need any convincing and I'll switch my vote.

For now my vote stays on Wonk.

i became less suspicions of wonk today (game days) mainly because he abadoned his relentless pursuit of Hat

and his genral contribution to the discussion.

Stefl is a hard player to "get" because he changes his play style in every game, he's the type of player i would 

investigate day 1 if i was the cop.

Zex have been long gone now... he was my prime suspect day 1 and him not being mod killed unforutanly makes

my suspicions higher and i wouldn't mind voting him.

SAK going after me since the beginning of the day gave me mafia vibe, Linkz analysis made me less suspicious of

him and more aginst stefl...but he's till higher than stefl.

here j0 too, but outside his vote for you i don't really have anything on him.

I'd personally go Zex, SAk and wouldn't mind lynching J0

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:

I'd say I'm roughly equally sure about each of them being scum, and the information gained would be about the same. I think j0 is the only other player I'd be willing to vote for today. I might be tempted to switch to Wonk as well, but a lot of my suspicions of him revolve around being suspicious of the other two, but not quite the other way around.

Then since TOS will lynch Stefl but apparently not j0, and since I have no real objections to lynching Stefl,

Unvote j0
Vote Stefl

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Vote: Stefl

Signature goes here!