By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto response to Insominiac Spherical World Claim -> Is that a PC Game?

Thats was a classic pwnage, just because it was not his intention to pwn, yet he completely and uterly did.

I think he is hard arse task master to work for, just because he strives for perfection and creativity. But in general he comes across as a very humble and polite man. Compared to american celebs and such who think the sun shines out their arse.

Insominac are drawing a pretty long bow, I mean is halo a rip of golden eye is that a rip of quake, so forth and so on.

Get a grip insominac, how many games and gameplay ideas have Nintendo brang to the gaming world over the last 20 years. How many sm64, knock offs have we seen?

Insominac you just not that important, get over yourself.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

It's not like Insomniac makes the most original games anyway, considering Ratchet and Clank is basically like Jet Force Gemini.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

WiiRHardcore said:
It's not like Insomniac makes the most original games anyway, considering Ratchet and Clank is basically like Jet Force Gemini.

Plus, you don't even get to play as an ant in R&C.

@Naznatips: Totally stole my misquoting rant.

I love that Insomniac acts as if it was a difficult concept to come up with.  Like they deserve credit for it.  Even though no one made much fuss about it when they did it.  It's like saying that making the hero of a game a cop is a brilliant innovation, just because you did it first.  If Nintendo borrowed from anyone, it's M.C. Escher.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

insomniac must've gotten typsy or something? how in the hell could they have said that if nintendo has been around like what 10 YEARS before insomniac came into the gaming world?!!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

that did kind of sound like miyamoto was dissing insomniac with that question. i see sony going raged over this right now.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

yea, nintendo did say that most of the ideas from smg came from the scrapped Mario 128. Yes, that's a game. Look it up on ign.

Metalcore, Hardcore, Punk, Emo, Rock.

First, Mario 128 is not a game nor was it ever. It was a tech demo that eventually gave birth to Pikmin. It's a well known fact.

Secondly, Mario 64 was the first 3D platformer to get it right, and every 3D platformer after that is using the blueprints laid down from that game, Ratchet and Clank included. Maybe they should look towards how innovative their own game is before accusing others of the same.

Plus the Yoshi's Island video says it all. Miyamoto had the idea years ago and just happened to wait over 10 years to fully implement it into a game.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Firstly,to those giving insomniac a hard time over their comments.Do any of you know what they actually said?As far as i know it was along the lines of "we would like to think, that miyamoto was inspired by the spherical worlds in ratchet".This in no way implies that they think they came up with the idea originally.
If that wasn't enough they then went on neogaf and explained their comments. they said they have the upmost respect for miyamoto and that their comments were more wishful thinking Imoon their part than actually thinking miyamoto copied them
Secondly,judjing by the original post it sounds like miyamoto went out of his way to be insulting,imo he could of just answered that question with a simple no and explanation why,and justleft it at that.

Smash_Brother said:
Technically, we could say he ripped off Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's "The Little Prince", which had the same idea but was published back in 1943.

Also, the storybook in Mario Galaxy reminded me very much of St. Exupéry's illustrations, so much so that I see it as a homage to the book (and it's worth paying homage to).

Yep , that could be , does Mario has to take care of a rose to ? :P

Anywas , I think hes being just arogant . I bet he and the entire Nintendo crew was looking at the sales of the PS2 and Ratchet and Clank and saying : ,, man I wish ours would do as well to ... " 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!