By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Power preview Mario Kart Wii

cAPSLOCK said:
Am I the only one who really doesn't care about multiplayer online features? The single best thing about Mario Kart is sitting down in front of a TV with all of your friends and playing with them.

It's about perfecting your swearing technique, finding out how many horrible words you can string together and still make sense, knocking a controller out of your friend's hand so he goes flying over the side of the track on Rainbow Road.

The things that make Mario Kart good and pure.

This is what makes MK great, not that it's multiplayer, but that the multiplayer shines when you're in the same room with other people.

If you can have 4 people online at once from the same machine against 8 others, now THAT's something to get excited about.

Good thing now is that you wont even need to hit their hands now  you will have to to just scare them with a scream and they will lose control of the steering wheel for a few seconds jajaajaj

Around the Network

Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Zack and now Mario Kart...Nintendo is gradually building that "critical mass" of games that makes me wanting a Wii...now it's only a question of price: brig it sub 200€ and i'll buy one :)

oh, to tell the truth x360 has already built that "critical mass"...but honestly 300€+ for a console is waaaaaay too much....BTW don't even speak about PS3.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

I feel the same way about online. It ony matters if 4 players on one Wii can go online at once. I too have dreamt of 8 player simultaneous Mariokart.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

cAPSLOCK said:
nordlead said:
@capslock

I also don't care that much about the online other than upto 12 people in a room with 3 TV's playing together. That would be outright awsome. I could easily get a 5-6 person match together with family alone. I just need 6-7 more friends to come over at the same time

That's exactly what I'm hoping for, too. Actually in a couple hours we're going over to a friend's house where we'll have 2 TVs and 2 gamecubes hooked up for 8 player Mario Kart rotated between 9-10 people.

So going from 2 Gamecubes to 3 Wiis and 12 players would be ultra badass.

Wait...you can LAN Gamecubes together?  Or...are you just playing separate games?  I was not aware of whatever is going on!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm going to go with separate games going on. You may be able to LAN gamecubes, but not for MK:DD

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

All i'm hoping for is block fort from Mario Kart 64 comes back with the same multiplayer battle.

BenKenobi88 said:
cAPSLOCK said:
nordlead said:
@capslock

I also don't care that much about the online other than upto 12 people in a room with 3 TV's playing together. That would be outright awsome. I could easily get a 5-6 person match together with family alone. I just need 6-7 more friends to come over at the same time

That's exactly what I'm hoping for, too. Actually in a couple hours we're going over to a friend's house where we'll have 2 TVs and 2 gamecubes hooked up for 8 player Mario Kart rotated between 9-10 people.

So going from 2 Gamecubes to 3 Wiis and 12 players would be ultra badass.

Wait...you can LAN Gamecubes together?  Or...are you just playing separate games?  I was not aware of whatever is going on!

You have to buy the LAN adapter which was like $30 maybe, and the only game I knew you could do it with was MK:DD. 16 player DD was so insanely fun that it cannot be fully described here.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Avinash_Tyagi said:
RolStoppable said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
RolStoppable said:
One of my most anticipated games for 2008. Right after Fire Emblem X and Resident Evil 5 for Wii.

RE5 is 2009 and its not on the wii. mariokart will be awesome :)

OkeyDokey, I accept 2009. But it will be on the Wii. Exclusively.

Mark my words. Kim Possible is awesome.

Gotaa disagree Rol, Kim was lame, Ron, Rufus Wade, Yori, and Shego are awesome

Bow down to the awesomness that is Ron Stoppable!

Also, Mario kart is shaping up to a great game.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

I really hope theres online Battle Mode with the N64 Battle maps especially BLOCK FORT - that one was so cool!!

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

16 new tracks? Thats awsome.

mM