By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Power preview Mario Kart Wii

radioioRobert said:
Can't wait! Did it say if there happened to be a non motion controlled steering option?

When cart was revealed at E3 I seem to remember Reggie saying that there would be a standard control option.  If I have time today I'll review the Video feed from the conference and post an update.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
One of my most anticipated games for 2008. Right after Fire Emblem X and Resident Evil 5 for Wii.

I am also excited about Devil May cry 4 special edition for Wii and Viewtiful Joe 3.

hint: surfer girl 

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Am I the only one who really doesn't care about multiplayer online features? The single best thing about Mario Kart is sitting down in front of a TV with all of your friends and playing with them.

It's about perfecting your swearing technique, finding out how many horrible words you can string together and still make sense, knocking a controller out of your friend's hand so he goes flying over the side of the track on Rainbow Road.

The things that make Mario Kart good and pure.

This is what makes MK great, not that it's multiplayer, but that the multiplayer shines when you're in the same room with other people.

If you can have 4 people online at once from the same machine against 8 others, now THAT's something to get excited about.

16x new tracks?

4x Mushroom cup
4x Flower cup
4x Star cup
4x Special
then retro tracks, maybe they will have a retro cup for each game... Like DD retro cup, 64 retro cut and SNES retro cup... they would be awsome unlockable- get the DD for beating game on 50cc, and so on

Also should be a mirrow cup

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

@ cAPSLOCK
I am not to into online features, I like them because it will help it sell better.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

@capslock

I also don't care that much about the online other than upto 12 people in a room with 3 TV's playing together. That would be outright awsome. I could easily get a 5-6 person match together with family alone. I just need 6-7 more friends to come over at the same time

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

@myself

of course that is assuming that you can play online with 4 people on the same console.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
@capslock

I also don't care that much about the online other than upto 12 people in a room with 3 TV's playing together. That would be outright awsome. I could easily get a 5-6 person match together with family alone. I just need 6-7 more friends to come over at the same time

That's exactly what I'm hoping for, too. Actually in a couple hours we're going over to a friend's house where we'll have 2 TVs and 2 gamecubes hooked up for 8 player Mario Kart rotated between 9-10 people.

So going from 2 Gamecubes to 3 Wiis and 12 players would be ultra badass. 

Currently salivating....