By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

atma, how would you explain the lackluster Americas sales then? They are half the ones of DQVIII after all.

Btw, I've never seen an ad for the game here in Canada.

Around the Network
Cirio said:

By the way, look how well AC: Brotherhood is holding up! It's only down by 6K this week.

Yeah I'm super happy for the franchise. One of the best new IP this gen.

Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:

He didnt?

Nah.

This is our GT5 ad.

Well anyway you got my point people don't buy a game because of this kind of advertisement. Especially when the ad is shown in only one country while the game is selling great in all countries. So much for your bunny ad theory. That said it doesnt make the sales less good because of that ad like you tried to demonstrate.

Epic Mickey's Week 2 numbers has been adjusted up around 20k I think. And this week it almost did as much as Week 1 and 2 combined! It was supposed to be a bomb!

Donkey Kong is ON!

If only Other M had some selling power...~4k in december isn't good.

Boutros said:

atma, how would you explain the lackluster Americas sales then? They are half the ones of DQVIII after all.

Btw, I've never seen an ad for the game here in Canada.

Lackluster? The game is still selling 10k/week. Not bad at all considering it is selling on par with FFXIII 360 or PS3 version and that FF was always way more popular in Americas than DQ games.

Around the Network

Kinect drops another 333K units...nice!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I wonder if Kinect will keep growing in EMEAA until Jan 1st numbers ....

Anyway, current rates

Dec 11th - 4 - 4.1 mill (750k/850k)
Dec 18th - 4.9
Dec 25th - 5.7
Jan 1st - 6.5 ...

Surely it has to start falling somewhere 0_o

atma998 said:

Well anyway you got my point people don't buy a game because of this kind of advertisement. Especially when the ad is shown in only one country while the game is selling great in all countries. So much for your bunny ad theory. That said it doesnt make the sales less good because of that ad like you tried to demonstrate.

Erm... Yes they do buy the game because of the advertisement...

And considering the fact that we don't have any data saying how many copies of DQIX are sold in the UK compared to how many are sold outside of the UK... You can't say that at all. How do you know it's selling great in ALL countries?

The UK Dressing Up Sim adverts are helping it out a lot. Doesn't matter if you DO want to block out obvious facts...

atma998 said:

Like I said my breakdown of GT5 sales for the upcoming years are:

4 million by year's end

2 million for year 2011

750k for 2012 and 400k for 2013 for a grand total of 7.15M LTD. So even if it reach let's say 4.5M by year's end it won't make the game reach 9-10M.

As for Americas and Japan, it is indeed really low numbers that we have seen so far. I mean come on the Japan preview for this week is showing GT5 at only 30k how can you find that not ''poor''?

Here's my prediction

2010: 4.6m. (4.6m). It's going to get near 4m next week. It'll probably end this year at around 4.6mil

2011: 2.6m. (7.2m). Uncharted 2 is going to do nearly 2mil in it's 2nd year (It's currently at 1.5mil). Seeing as how GT is much bigger than Uncharted (espescially when talking legs), It's reasonable to suggest 2.6mil in the second year.

2012: 0.8m. (8.0m)

2013: 0.5m. (8.5m)

It'll die off somewhere between 8 - 9mil I think when It's all said done. It's almost definitely going to be bundled too.

360 seems to have gotten back into the game in mainland Europe, Kinect must be starting to take off. 

PS3 continues to dominate the Middle East and Asia market....which I assume must be mostly China.

Wii looking very good for the holidays, excellent job with the bundles.