By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Polyphony Digital was playing FORZA 3 at E3 2009

Seece said:
LivingMetal said:
Seece said:
LivingMetal said:
Seece said:
Shadowblind said:
Seece said:

*shitstorm incoming*

Devs are usually friendly with each other, but I can see PD and Turn 10 being bitter rivals xD

Honestly I hope they do become bitter rivals. As far as I've heard they may as well be the two greatest racing/sim developers on consoles.

It'd make for incredible competition, and better games. I'd rather them be on friendly terms, but Turn 10 once said PD passed the baton to them . . . that could be homage or saying that PD is "outdated". E

Well, it's funny, Sony boys ripping into Turn 10 for their immature comments. I'm sure this only fires PD on to outdoing themselves and "beating "T10" even more. It IS good for competition, and for all we know, GT5 might have turned into a better product because of it.

A lot of gamers did that same just to let you know.

Gamers dissing competition are utterly irrelevent to game development ..

But "Sony boys" are relevant, right?  ;)

No?

Ignore my sig and don't auto assume I'm anti sony everything and pro 360 eveything.

Trust me.  I'm not.  :)

Just a little internet fun.  And please do the same for me in that I'm not pro PS3 everything because of my sig.  I have this sig because I am a Selphie Tilmitt fan while I'm really not that big into Move.  I have the Move stuff because the Selphie Move gif was made for me by none other by our own Jneul.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
Seece said:

No?

Ignore my sig and don't auto assume I'm anti sony everything and pro 360 eveything.

Just a little internet fun.  And please do the same for me in that I'm not pro PS3 everything because of my sig.  I have this sig because I am a Selphie Tilmitt fan while I'm really not that big into Move.  I have the Move stuff because the Selphie Move gif was made for me by none other by our own Jneul.

I don't, I assumed you were a Nintendo fan actually

Seece said:
LivingMetal said:
Seece said:

No?

I don't, I assumed you were a Nintendo fan actually

Wow.  I certainly claim that Nintendo is in my blood, but the last Nintendo console I actually bought was a SuperNES.  Sorry to go off topic.

Shadowblind said:
theprof00 said:
Shadowblind said:

This thread: People getting trolled by the internet equivalent of a member wearing a mask and saying hes a different, newer member.

Yay interwebz

what do you mean? Is pizzafacegamer an alt?

My trolldar indicated such. Now I can't be sure of course. My trolldar is a bit hard to read:

Especially at such a small resolution. But he has all the qualities of one.

well, unfortunately, vgc lost the ability to do site-wide IP address lookups, so unless you know exactly whose alt he is, nobody can do anything. Restoration of site-wide IP is on its way.

Either way, it doesn't matter if he's an alt of a B& troll, of if he's just a troll. He's a troll and that's about that.

He's interpreting standard practice as an admission of inferiority in order to justify his own opinion that forza is a better game than gt5. 

That being said, I believe, like damnedl0ser does, that gt5 has some problems. I believe they are fixable problems, but I am starting to get irritated by the release and patch sales methods that are prevalent in today's gaming market. I believe Forza 3 LOOKS nicer, and has more streamlined multiplayer. However, on the other hand, I think GT5 is a more IN-DEPTH game, with a larger scope and more players racing at the same time. I feel PD took on a very large challenge and more or less met it, maybe even barely meeting it. But, I have always liked GT. It was NEVER "stagnant", it was always improving and it has a very sharp feel.

To me, Forza has a very Unreal Tournament engine type of feel. Very glide-y, crisp...kind of wet/slippery. In my opinion, GT5 is a better game,with a better engine but that is my opinion based on my individual tastes.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

And bungie was caught playing UNCHARTED 2, Ohhh they must be "threatened"!!!!

http://n4g.com/news/398065/bungie-caught-playing-uncharted-2-among-thieves

Uhhhhh GT5 and FM3 are direct competitors.

Uncharted and Halo have nothing in common.

Also, bungie helped Naughty Dog with Uncharted 2

Also, ND and Bungie are both American

ROFL!!! wtf AHAHAAHAH!!!!!!

jesus christ do 360 fans/fantaics all have this way of thinking? AHAHAAHAH!!!!

I don't think that has much to do with console preferences.  I think that has much more to do with Xenophobia.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

hmm i dont really want to support a company that takes 5-7 years to make a game. it should NOT have and bugs at'll. especially for a racer. Proof that it's PD fault is turn ten did the same thing in 2 years. i loves gt2...never played a gt (Besides GT5p) game after it though...seems like PD has lost some of its quality

Wait...you DON'T want to support a company that takes it's time and puts a lot of effort into making a game?  So you'd rather a game that was rushed out or took less time to build regardless of quality?  Turn10 put out a racer in 2 years, yes, did it have everything GT5 has?  You say it looks like PD has lost some of it's quality despite not playing a full GT game after 2 and therefore nothing to base it on?  There's all kind of nonsense going on in your post...

theprof00 said:
Shadowblind said:
theprof00 said:
Shadowblind said:

This thread: People getting trolled by the internet equivalent of a member wearing a mask and saying hes a different, newer member.

Yay interwebz

what do you mean? Is pizzafacegamer an alt?

My trolldar indicated such. Now I can't be sure of course. My trolldar is a bit hard to read:

Especially at such a small resolution. But he has all the qualities of one.

well, unfortunately, vgc lost the ability to do site-wide IP address lookups, so unless you know exactly whose alt he is, nobody can do anything. Restoration of site-wide IP is on its way.

Either way, it doesn't matter if he's an alt of a B& troll, of if he's just a troll. He's a troll and that's about that.

He's interpreting standard practice as an admission of inferiority in order to justify his own opinion that forza is a better game than gt5. 

That being said, I believe, like damnedl0ser does, that gt5 has some problems. I believe they are fixable problems, but I am starting to get irritated by the release and patch sales methods that are prevalent in today's gaming market. I believe Forza 3 LOOKS nicer, and has more streamlined multiplayer. However, on the other hand, I think GT5 is a more IN-DEPTH game, with a larger scope and more players racing at the same time. I feel PD took on a very large challenge and more or less met it, maybe even barely meeting it. But, I have always liked GT. It was NEVER "stagnant", it was always improving and it has a very sharp feel.

To me, Forza has a very Unreal Tournament engine type of feel. Very glide-y, crisp...kind of wet/slippery. In my opinion, GT5 is a better game,with a better engine but that is my opinion based on my individual tastes.

With as many people as we have online now days unfortunately that aspect will never leave us.  In the long run I honestly think it damages some developers credibility to a certain degree, even if they come out with a patch to fix such errors.  It just seems like it takes some companies forever to correct major issues.  And with the prices that games cost now days its a crock.  The game should be top notch day one and I will never believe anything differently.  Unfortunately the hype gets to me and I still end up buying some of these games.  Sometimes I can get over the issues and sometimes not.  Just depends on what game and how long the patch takes to come out.  What really gets me are the games that come out and need patching, and we never see it even with the developers promising we will get it some day.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Nomad Blue said:
toastboy44562 said:

hmm i dont really want to support a company that takes 5-7 years to make a game. it should NOT have and bugs at'll. especially for a racer. Proof that it's PD fault is turn ten did the same thing in 2 years. i loves gt2...never played a gt (Besides GT5p) game after it though...seems like PD has lost some of its quality

Wait...you DON'T want to support a company that takes it's time and puts a lot of effort into making a game?  So you'd rather a game that was rushed out or took less time to build regardless of quality?  Turn10 put out a racer in 2 years, yes, did it have everything GT5 has?  You say it looks like PD has lost some of it's quality despite not playing a full GT game after 2 and therefore nothing to base it on?  There's all kind of nonsense going on in your post...

Have you not read some of the reviews or heard what a lot of people who own the game have said which are somewhat negative?  There is a difference between a company releasing a game after 5-6 years development and it being spot on, and one who needs a lot of work.  I can't speak for this poster, but I imagine he means if the game ends up like GT5 with a fair amount of issues.  Or even if he doesn't, 5 or 6 years to wait on a game is a long damnd time and some people just lose interest.  

Not to mention there are other ways to playing a game than owning it.  Maybe he tried it at a friends house?  I know a lot of people with a lot of games so I don't have to buy a lot of games unless I feel the urge too.  I felt the GT5 urge and maybe he didn't.  That is all....

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

I see a lot of ignorance from people here....hmmm. lets see.

Oh yea, myth no. 1 : GT 5 should be a god just because it took 5 years to come out.

Right. Common sense should tell you people that dev don't rest once their game is completed. They start the process for the sequel straight away. So, Forza 3 actually took 4-5 years to come out as well. If you consider the time from forza 1. GT 5 is definitely better than forza 2 and is more realistic than Forza 3 as well, so it has accomplished a lot more than what forza franchise has accomplished in four years.

Myth no. 2: PD is jealous/threatened by Forza.

This one's laughable at best. If anyone's threatened it'd be Shift developers trying to take the limelight of GT 5 during its release. And Forza themselves. The last thing the devs would care about when they have 10 million selling franchise would be a fu**ing metacritic score, especially when the creator Yamauchi doesn't even give two shits for Sony, let alone metacritic. The damn guy at least got what he wanted from GT 5, and that was the most realistic sim on consoles.

Well, I got GT5 CE... And happy with it..   And, that's all that matters... If someone wants to play Forza, then, hey, that's them.