By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rumor : PS3 Has Sold Approximately 4 MILLION In UK!!!!

Undertracked by 400k, there goes any Xbox360 lead in NPD.

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
darthdevidem01 said:
scottie said:
darthdevidem01 said:
bmmb1 said:

The question is whether  4 million connected owners is necessarily the same as 4 million PS3s. If the answer is yes, that is one thing, if the answer is no, that is another.

Then the actual sold figure would be MORE than 4 Million as not every Ps3 owner in the UK has online......unless the amount of 2nd hand PS3 online connected owners is greater than the number of PS3 owners who don't have online on it.

Man, don't you share your console with siblings or anything? Also, do you have a Japanese American and UK account so that you can get all the early releases?

I have no siblings. I have a NA account but why is that important here. They are just counting UK PSN accounts or consoles connected to UK PSN.

Erm the article says that Sony estimates there's 4 milion PS3 in UK and 80% of them are connected - nowhere it mentions number of PSN accounts ?

Thats what I thought but the cat with the gun had to ruin everything!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

And also shippements are not estimates.

well, I would have said, it is shipped

but since they used "connected" ...

Time to Work !

hey, what is the official Sony PS3 shippement there ?

just check if it is superior to 4M or inferior or egual ?

I m guessing we do not have the info ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I'd say shipped vs sold normally, particularly for Sony, but unless they are deliberately mixing their message the fact the context is connected consoles (most likely by PS3 ID and not PSN ID as they can be used on multiple consoles or multiple accounts on one console and are therefore useless to judge your connected console base) I guess they could mean sold.

VG seems close at 3.5 as 4 million quote is probably rounded up from just under (assuming it's sold).  So worst case maybe 400K undertracked or as little as 100 to 200K.

Or Sony is being cheeky and giving the percentage of connected consoles (80%) and the number of PS3s shipped - which would be a bit naughty in context but not too unlikely either.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Sony always releases shipped numbers and they said as much when they released their Move sales numbers.

3.5m(and it must over 3.6m last week)="about" 4m

am i wrong?

Great numbers.

been waiting for itv player, ive just got a 320gig slim and this will round it off brilliantly

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...