By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's HYPE Series: Graphics Showdown 2011

meehan666 said:

IMO Crysis 1 is still the best looking game ever, thus, when the dust settles I think Crysis 2 will hold the crown for next year.

Really? I think Metro 2033 PC looks WAY better.

OT: Uncharted 3 will probably look the best

Around the Network

gears 3!

Uncharted 3 will most likely take the crown.  Followed by Crysis 2/Killzone 3.  Then Gears 3 behind it.

dunno001:

"Needless to say, I've never trusted them, or, frankly, any other review source. What I do trust, is what I see with my own eyes and play with my own hands."

Favorite Games of All-Time:

1.  Star Ocean 3   2. Kingdom Hearts:  Birth by Sleep  3. Kingdom Hearts 1/2  4.  Metal Gear Solid 4    5.  Super Mario 3  6.  Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time  7. Uncharted 2

It's going to be a close contest between the three 3's: Killzone, Gears and Uncharted.

Personally I think it'll be Uncharted 3. From the demo I played of Killzone 3 the 3D effect was very impressive but didn't show much beyond that. Gears 3 I believe is still using the Unreal engine and unless they've made some pretty significant changes I don't think they'll be able to push it much further then it's already been pushed.

The demo I saw of Rage at the dev talk I went to wasn't particularly impressive. It looked advanced but the art-style was very reminiscent of Fallout 3 and it didn't top other games already out at the time.

Would be nice to have a look at this when ME3 and Skyrim gameplay are shown. I expect the character models in ME3 will be very impressive like ME2. Not sure on Skyrim, but the scenery in Oblivion was quite impressive for the time so who knows?

what about infamous 2? and you should also include mass effect 3 even though it didnt show gameplay.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network

i miss inFamous 2 

it should be the best looking sandbox game at least

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Wow. I didn't know rage looked so good.

I believe it will make 2011

The first 3 seconds is in engine renders

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Mass Effect 3 trailer was in-engine? I don't believe it.

That was clearly a CG.

L.A. Noire, Forza 4, Infamous 2 should also get a mention.