Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox360, Wii, PS3, and software

Btw- I am just kidding

thought I clear that up before someone calls me mean names : (

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
eugene said:
Your saying the 360 marketshare for software went from 54% in October to about 45% in November, and Im saying its skewed cause November favored the Wii for extra software marketshare. And Im saying any month over month analysis is skewed cause one big game will distort the entire month

October for 360: HW 51 %, SW 54 %
November for 360: HW 47 %, SW just short of 50 %

Bod assumes that the 360 did just as well in November as in October proportional to its installed base. But he is not comparing month over month, he is taking the last two months and compares the three current gen consoles within a single month and how much software they have moved in relation to their installed base.

In both months the 360 comes out on top. Bod just wants to show that the 360 isn't a software behemoth as some people on this site apparently think. It's moving software at a rate above what it is expected to do (+3 % in both months), but that isn't a big enough advantage for the 360 to sustain being the top software moving system once it has been passed by the Wii (by mid 2008) by more than 5 % difference in installed base.

Once again, the 360 is doing great in selling software, just not that great as some people think. That's what Bod wants to show us. 

Like I said, I agree 100% that the 360 is not a software behemoth. That is not even something I believe. Im argueing more at how he comes to that conclusion. Software attach rates or marketshare difference from month over month does not prove it. The method is fine and works, but the sampling is too small. It needs to be bigger, like a year over year analysis. In essence, I agree with the entire post except the sampling is way too small and distorted  to come to any conclusion. IF GT 5 launches in January and the PS 3 gets 60% of the software marketshare, can we assume that the PS3 is now a software selling behemoth? No, cause its distorted and the sampling one month is too small to come to any conclusion.

eugene said:
Bodhesatva said:
eugene said:
Your saying the 360 marketshare for software went from 54% in October to about 45% in November, and Im saying its skewed cause November favored the Wii for extra software marketshare. And Im saying any month over month analysis is skewed cause one big game will distort the entire month

No, this is not my argument.

That actually is the basis of your original post. Your also saying that the 360 does not have overwhelming software sales as they say, which is 100% true, but its not proven with the marketshare difference between October and November

No, that is not the basis of my original post. I know what I said, and apparently, everyone else in here knows what I said as well.

You do not understand what I have argued, and it has been restated several times for your indulgence. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

eugene said:
RolStoppable said:
eugene said:

Bod assumes that the 360 did just as well in November as in October proportional to its installed base. But he is not comparing month over month, he is taking the last two months and compares the three current gen consoles within a single month and how much software they have moved in relation to their installed base.

In both months the 360 comes out on top. Bod just wants to show that the 360 isn't a software behemoth as some people on this site apparently think. It's moving software at a rate above what it is expected to do (+3 % in both months), but that isn't a big enough advantage for the 360 to sustain being the top software moving system once it has been passed by the Wii (by mid 2008) by more than 5 % difference in installed base.

Once again, the 360 is doing great in selling software, just not that great as some people think. That's what Bod wants to show us.

Like I said, I agree 100% that the 360 is not a software behemoth. That is not even something I believe. 

Then stop. Right now, stop.I have purposefully deleted the rest of your post to end this here. You are clearly a bit unsure about what I have stated, as all of your attempts to resummarize my argument have been incorrect. 

Let us leave this now. We agree. We agree! We're done.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

"October for 360: HW 51 %, SW 54 %
November for 360: HW 47 %, SW just short of 50 %"

This statement is what Im argueing more than anything else. Im saying its too small of a sample to come to any conclusion. Any month over month cause any big game can cause marketshare of another system to grow immensly over the other or take away from another. The statement above means nothing as nothing can be anlalyzed from it conslusively.

Around the Network
eugene said:
Bodhesatva said:
eugene said:

No, this is not my argument. 

That actually is the basis of your original post. Your also saying that the 360 does not have overwhelming software sales as they say, which is 100% true, but its not proven with the marketshare difference between October and November

Does this count as trolling? I really think it has to be trolling at this point.

Let me restate that simply: in October, the Xbox360 had approximately 51 percent hardware marketshare in America, and sold approximately 54 percent of the software. The Wii had approximately 34 percent market share, and sold approximately 30 percent of the games; the PS3 had approximately 15 percent market share, and sold approximately 16 percent of the games. Again, that certainly favors the 360, but not in some overwhelming fashion, where the 360 is some software beast and the Wii/PS3 are totally incapable of moving hardware. It's a slight bias.

That is his point. Right there in that paragraph is his point. His entire arguement is in that one paragraph and the word November isn't even in it. His point is in the quoted text. 

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Hahaha what the funk is going on here? I wonder what it says on his computer.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Bodhesatva said:
eugene said:
RolStoppable said:
eugene said:

Like I said, I agree 100% that the 360 is not a software behemoth. That is not even something I believe. 

Then stop. Right now, stop.I have purposefully deleted the rest of your post to end this here. You are clearly a bit unsure about what I have stated, as all of your attempts to resummarize my argument have been incorrect. 

Let us leave this now. We agree. We agree! We're done.  

I said I agree with the statement, just not how you come to that conclusion with small samplings.

@ Rubang

It is a pissing match, but it appears that Bod has the longer Slong...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Im sure you and Rubang are great friends.