By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2 might have Huge Game Support

WarmachineX said:

Sony really needs to stop wasting money on handhelds; sure, a psp 2 would sell well in Japan, but America is where it matters. Hell, they can't even win in their own country; Nintendo is king in the handheld dept and it is about time sony realizes it.

This post deserves the map...

I suppose by the same logic, Xbox division hasn't won a generation yet either.  Last generation they were beaten by Sony heavily and this generation they are beaten by Nintendo heavily.  Should they stop making consoles then?  Just for the record, I don't think they should.  I think they need to change some of their 1st party strategy, but that's a different topic.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
WarmachineX said:
Ajescent said:
WarmachineX said:
snakenobi said:
Ajescent said:
snakenobi said:

did anybody even read my post?

Since when do people read the OP on here?

lol

the main point was PS3 games being playable on PSP but nobody read it

so then what is the point in buying a ps3? If they are trying to appeal to people that already have a ps3, that is a very limited market...

What I like about what I have seen so far is that they are keeping with the psp go's design and keeping games downloadable...

very limited market...? 40million is a limited market now?

Compared to 140 million it is. The point is to get new people to buy the product.

You could compare it to 7billion people, the fact still remains that 40 million is not a small number.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

snakenobi said:
Ajescent said:
snakenobi said:

Since when do people read the OP on here?

lol

the main point was PS3 games being playable on PSP but nobody read it

I read it man, and I actually think it's an awesome idea. I've never been even slightly interested in getting a psp bc i just wouldn't have the time to play it; but the concept of being able to play the same game on the go that i was just playing in my living room is a pretty insane idea. Although, it seems like it's yet another EXPENSIVE idea. I love Sony but they frustrate me in this respect. They aren't learning their lesson in regards to the fact that the average person doesn't like to (or just plain can't) pay for overly expensive things.

snakenobi said:

all people ever read is the title, you should condense all the vital information into it, and fill the actual OP with random text and pictures of boobies!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

FinalEvangelion said:
WarmachineX said:

Sony really needs to stop wasting money on handhelds; sure, a psp 2 would sell well in Japan, but America is where it matters. Hell, they can't even win in their own country; Nintendo is king in the handheld dept and it is about time sony realizes it.

I suppose by the same logic, Xbox division hasn't won a generation yet either.  Last generation they were beaten by Sony heavily and this generation they are beaten by Nintendo heavily.  Should they stop making consoles then?  Just for the record, I don't think they should.  I think they need to change some of their 1st party strategy, but that's a different topic.

lol...

Xbox had a crappy start, but now it is dominating the HD console market. "but look at the sales in Japan LOLLOL!" - people will say, but despite how silly it may sound, America really does decide who stays in the console race and who goes back to the drawing board...and this is coming from a guy that loves jrpgs/anime/asian girls.

Rephrashing what I said in my first post, I guess releasing a psp 2 wouldn't be such a bad idea, but it seriously needs more 3rd party support, and I am not talking about being able to play ps3 games...

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network
WarmachineX said:
FinalEvangelion said:
WarmachineX said:

lol...

Xbox had a crappy start, but now it is dominating the HD console market. "but look at the sales in Japan LOLLOL!" - people will say, but despite how silly it may sound, America really does decide who stays in the console race and who goes back to the drawing board...and this is coming from a guy that loves jrpgs/anime/asian girls.

Rephrashing what I said in my first post, I guess releasing a psp 2 wouldn't be such a bad idea, but it seriously needs more 3rd party support, and I am not talking about being able to play ps3 games...

The fact that the ps3 and P are still alive disproves this theory.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

WarmachineX said:
FinalEvangelion said:
WarmachineX said:

lol...

Dominating, as in being neck to neck with it's competitor?  This generation could go either way in the HD race, but they will probably both be basicly tied with fanboys from both sides wanting a recount.

Sorry to say, but America is going to become increasingly less important over the next few years / decades as South Asia's new middle class develops.  Right now, Sony is pushing the hardest in these developing regions and I really think it's going to pay off in the end.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=120832&page=1&str=1267721178#

Posted already

~locked~

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000