By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo will have an advantage over 720/PS4!

IMU1808 said:

I love how we all just KNOW what all 3 companies have planned next-gen. It's like everybody and the aunts and uncles has an insider...

they invented the word "if" for a reason and as you can see i have a few "ifs" in my op :) 

and there are things that you can know the outcome of if they are done in curtain ways. if it is too expensive it will not sell as much as fast right? it will not rain if there are no clouds in the sky right? but it might and might not rain if there are clouds in the sky that is to say you might fail even if you do the right thing :) :P 

looking at how things are and have been this is what i think will happen and think Nintendo saw but that does not mean it will be like this :) who knew Nintendo would go back to being the top dog again? 

who knows Sony/MS might have something new that will revolutionize gaming but given their past i do not see that. 

now "if" Sonys PSP2 is half as powerful as the PS3 then it will be very expensive therefore they have not learned a thing from the past and this is one of the reasons they will fail to be on top "if" they go for more power ;) 

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:
Antabus said:

Just like wii will steal all the 3rd party support, like people were saying in 2007 or something. :)

one of the reason 3rd parties did not bet on the Wii was because they thought PS3 would be the best selling console. 

the other is because of the Wii controller. developers were simply not ready for it and or did not believe it would succeed.

third the Wii was too weak for them and they wanted to advance further graphics and AI.

this time there is more reason too believe that they will get better support as they are familiar with the technology plus they will be more willing to familiarize themselves with whatever new technology Nintendo will offer. The 3DS seems to be doing fine so far as far as 3rd parties go 

*bolded = wish

It is now a proven fact that nintendo consoles lack of 3rd party support. I don't care for your excuses...

no its a level playing feild so anybody can screw up, and the first one that doe's loses this gamers war.

Antabus said:
Roma said:
Antabus said:

Just like wii will steal all the 3rd party support, like people were saying in 2007 or something. :)

one of the reason 3rd parties did not bet on the Wii was because they thought PS3 would be the best selling console. 

the other is because of the Wii controller. developers were simply not ready for it and or did not believe it would succeed.

third the Wii was too weak for them and they wanted to advance further graphics and AI.

this time there is more reason too believe that they will get better support as they are familiar with the technology plus they will be more willing to familiarize themselves with whatever new technology Nintendo will offer. The 3DS seems to be doing fine so far as far as 3rd parties go 

*bolded = wish

It is now a proven fact that nintendo consoles lack of 3rd party support. I don't care for your excuses...

actually i do not care about most of the 3rd party games if they come they are welcome and if there is something i want i can buy the console i need to play a curtain game. Anyway if 3rd parties can succeed on the handheld then they can on consoles. have you not seen the 3DS support?  

well it is a fact that NES and SNES did not lack 3rd parties or am i wrong? you can't talk about fact if the thing does not exist yet.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Chibi.V.29 said:
Soleron said:

Nintendo will use an AMD GPU.
Microsoft will use an AMD GPU.
Sony was betting on Intel's Larrabee but that was cancelled and Nvidia screwed them over so they were forced to redesign with an AMD GPU.

How exactly do you know this? :P

Charlie at SemiAccurate said so. He has been more right than most on GPU hardware leaks, and he doesn't make stuff up with no basis.

Around the Network

After Christmans, my Wii collection will be 84.6% First Party (just calculated it :p) - who needs 3rd party anway? ^^

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Roma said:

Now Nintendos console does not need that big of a jump as the other two because it is advancing over the Wii. So it will ether be as powerful or just a bit more powerful than the current HD consoles. 

I know some of you still believes in the 10y life cycle MS and Sony have said but I am sure that When Nintendo releases their next gen system the others will be forced out. 

Nintendo will have advantage only if they manage to pull of another interesting idea, otherwise I don't see how in 2012 the Wii2 with 15 launch launch games, will be much more appealing than a Ps3 Move at a much lower price with it's actual library plus 2011 and 2012 games.

badgenome said:

I don't see why MS and Sony would be forced to release new generation consoles, as launching late in the gen doesn't always mean failure. Nintendo launched the Wii in November 2006, and it has handily crushed the Xbox (launched November 2001) and its own GameCube (September 2001). It's even tracking above the mighty PS2 (March 2000).

SPOT FUCKING ON!!!!!!! beautiful post.

and to add, the wii2 being only as powerful the ps3 and 360 will actually be a good thing for both Sony and Microsoft, the wii 2 won't be getting anything the ps3 and 360 won't because unlike the wii fanbase the industry isn't that easily fooled . Allowing Sony and Microsoft to fully live out their 10 year plans and take all the time they need to make the 720 and ps4 as powerful and efficient as possible. 

See Microsoft forced Sony to release the ps3 earlier than they wanted this gen because Sony didn't want to get left behind for to long. if the wii2 can only do what the ps3 and 360 can do then neither will be pressured to upgrade and neither will REAL gamers. 

So the wii2 will have a lot of market share much like the wii because only wii fans will fall for that (there's what 70-80 million wii fans??) and thats all they care about, Nintendo will print tons o munny, and do nothing with it, and will do nothing to push the industry, and then the real NEXT gen systems will release and duke it out in a tight battle much like this generations ps3 and 360. 

Of course Nintendo will have the advantage. They will have made enourmous profit in the previous generation, and can afford more expenses than their competitors (wich is ironic considering that the way that MS and Sony compete is financial attrision)

If Nintendo decide to go on an exclusive games buying spree, to get good games of all genres on their system from the very beginning (so that there can be NO excuse that games won't sell), they will steamroll their way through next gen.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Roma said:
badgenome said:

I don't see why MS and Sony would be forced to release new generation consoles, as launching late in the gen doesn't always mean failure. Nintendo launched the Wii in November 2006, and it has handily crushed the Xbox (launched November 2001) and its own GameCube (September 2001). It's even tracking above the mighty PS2 (March 2000).

lol what? are you drunk again? 

you should ask that yourself aswell as you considered the DC PS1 generation - big blunder

edit: sry, seems i got the wrong guy