By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The only games you'll ever need

This is fairly simple I think. Basically, the idea is this. You're stuck in the middle of nowhere (Desert Island, Alps, Moon, whatever) and you have no chance of rescue. There is no Internet, no contact to the outside world, but there is an ample food and electricity supply for you and your 3 colleauges. My question to you is this. Well, actually, there's 2;

1. If you could only take 1 gaming console, which would it be? 

And, more importantly, 

2. If you could only take 5 games with you to last you forever, past or present, under these constraints mentioned above, what would they be? (No relation to the first question)

I Think this is very interesting indeed, and can't wait for the results! Personally, I'd go:

Wii

1. Final Fantasy 12

2. Dragon Quest 8

3. Monster Hunter Tri

4. Mario Kart Wii

5. Pokemon Platinum

All of these are good games, but they aren't necessarily my favourites! So, if you were stuck in this position, what you you choose? Answer below...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

PS3

Little Big Planet 2

Pro Evo 11

Final Fantasy X X-2 ¬_¬

Uncharted 3

Gran Turismo 5

If we can't choose incoming games....

I guess

Uncharted 2

Pro evo 2011

Gran Turismo 5

Final Fantasy X X-2 ¬_¬

Begrudingly, I'll say LBP 1

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:

PS3

Little Big Planet 2

Pro Evo 11

Final Fantasy X X-2 ¬_¬

Uncharted 3

Gran Turismo 5

If we can't choose incoming games....

I guess

Uncharted 2

Pro evo 2011

Gran Turismo 5

Final Fantasy X X-2 ¬_¬

Begrudingly, I'll say LBP 1

I think it's a good idea to stick with what's already out really...

Also, X-2 was OK. Not brilliant, but better than people give it credit for! I'd be surprised if no-one said either a FF or DQ game to be honest. They are the sort of lengthy games which keep you occupied for months on end...

1. Xenogears  (My favourite game and RPG)

2. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

3. Suikoden II

4. Final Fantasy VI

5. Xenosaga Ep 1, 2 and 3

360 with:

NHL 11

FIFA 11

Madden 11

DOA 4

Forza 3

Around the Network
Antabus said:

360 with:

NHL 11

FIFA 11

Madden 11

DOA 4

Forza 3

This is the thing which intrigues me (and also the pattern I expected )

It's much more difficult thinking about it this way, because it isn't necessarily your favourite games, but the ones with the most longevity. So choosing your 5 is much more difficult when you know there's NO WAY of EVER getting any more games...

ps3

lbp, 4 player and can make your own levels

modnation racers, same as lbp

motorstorm pacific rift, more 4 player fun (or mario kart wii if console is not a problem)

sports champions for some healthy competition

and probably some retro arcade games collection disk for even more multiplayer fun

Now if I were alone it would be quite a different list.

Conegamer said:
Antabus said:

360 with:

NHL 11

FIFA 11

Madden 11

DOA 4

Forza 3

This is the thing which intrigues me (and also the pattern I expected )

It's much more difficult thinking about it this way, because it isn't necessarily your favourite games, but the ones with the most longevity. So choosing your 5 is much more difficult when you know there's NO WAY of EVER getting any more games...

I did not pick my favourite games, I picked the games with most longevity.

What's the point of having games for multiple consoles if you can only have one console?

Anyway, ignoring the console part because it doesn't make sense:

Minecraft

World of Warcraft(I've never played it but I would enjoy and could for a long time)

Halo Reach

Bayonetta

Civilization 5

good call on CiV 5, I should have gone for something like Pharoah on the PC, that game was awesome!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?