By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect & Japan = Legs? Lifetime?

Kinect & Japan = Legs? Lifetime?

100k 68 38.42%

200k 31 17.51%

250k 18 10.17%

300k 14 7.91%

350k 8 4.52%

500k 0_o 38 21.47%

Total:177

21k > 10k > 11k? = 42k

Ok little data and it's low, but usually games drop off hard for 360, Kinect is doing well legs wise, going up from last week.

Might just be the holiday, but Kinect will do well when some Japanese centric games come out with Kinect only.

So where will Kinect end up life time in Japan?

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

10k > 11k? I need to relearn my maths!

LOL, I didn't mean it like that! Just week 1 > week 2 ect

We should all know by now, xbox 360 doesn't need Japan to prosper! In other words, who cares about Japan? Didn't think so...... 

Paul 

i think it will reach around 180k when all is said and done. I expect weekly sales to rise for a few more weeks but then market saturation  will hit for 360 owners with enough space to use kinect since its not moving many consoles.

The 360 is still having a hard time in japan so I doubt it. MC should better focus on europe 

Around the Network
pezus said:
kowenicki said:

It doesnt matter and I dont think it will stick in the long run.

But recent 360 console sales just highlight the Japan issue more marekdly.  But I guess we should be gratfeul... because if the 360 was given a fair crack of the whip in Japan then the 360 PS3 global battle for sales supremacy simply wouldnt exist, it would be over.

The same could be said about the PS3 in the US.

Ratio is a little off on that front though, PS3 is not selling poorly in the US like the 360 is in Japan when all is said and done, it's just not doing 360 or Wii numbers. What you are saying doesn't really apply to kowenicki's thing where the 360 might as well not exist in Japan at all.

http://us.gamespot.com/news/6285129.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;18

According to that link, MS are happy with performance as its very much on par with what they anticipated. We havent seen the benefit of Kinect on 360 hardware yet as last week was a big week, but in the future we could see it spur sales on a little bit instead of being at the 2.5k mark.

Japan is just depressing, for 360 fans atleast.

Just like how ps3 Move can't clinch its spot in Americas no matter what Sony do, same effect for kinect 360 in Japan (at the rate of  weekly 2k-3k, life-time sales of >100K still possible), ps3 might stand a better chance sooner down the road with a price-cut...

pezus said:

Microsoft haven't really done much in Japan this year (except for Kinect) and when they did get some exclusives there and what not they sold a lot better, although not quite on par with the others.

I thought 360 was up YOY, thanks to the S and MHFO?  

Kinect's been pretty muted, but that might change next year when the 'hardcore' JP content starts coming (Child of Eden, Steel Battalion, Rise of Nightmares, Project Draco, Haunted, Codename D, etc, etc).  I can't really see 360's loyal otaku audience being all that interested in current fare like Kinectimals or Dance Central. :/