By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Predict Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception's sales

Tagged games:

well i don't know yet but 

UDF  1st wk 133,078   10 wk 1,038,557   LTD 3,372,087

U2     1st wk 850,,023  10wk  2,346,279   LTD 4,054,992

U3      ?? 

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:

U3      ?? 

Uncharted 3 will also be fighting piracy though.

CGI-Quality said:
ElGranCabeza said:
zuvuyeay said:

U3      ?? 

Huh? How so?

3.5 got cracked and master key leaked, it's only a matter of time. Plus you can downgrade and play any game you want offline right now.

CGI-Quality said:
ElGranCabeza said:
CGI-Quality said:
ElGranCabeza said:
zuvuyeay said:

U3      ?? 

Huh? How so?

3.5 got cracked and master key leaked, it's only a matter of time. Plus you can downgrade and play any game you want offline right now.

I doubt that's really an issue here, but OK.

How is it not an issue? If it wasn't for piracy, GOW and GOW2 would have probably sold 7-8 million on PS2 each.

ElGranCabeza said:
zuvuyeay said:

U3      ?? 

sounds like a good story -_O

but i think U3 could do 1.2m 1st week its equally as strong in eu as Na

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
pezus said:
CGI-Quality said:
pezus said:
CGI-Quality said:

And this will probably be a PS3-only franchise, which I would think could maximize sales. Then again, Naughty Dog have never had quite a hit franchise before, so they may choose to continue it on PS4.

Regardless, this is one of those franchsies that's so hard to find many flaws in.

Wasn't Crash a big hit?

Indeed, but it didn't grow much after the original, and wasn't Naughty Dog's.

But all all main Naughty Dog-Crash games sold around 7 million! I would call that a big hit. Crash Team Racing sold almost 5 million. It was a huge franchise when Naughty Dog had it.

But it wasn't their's is what I'm saying. Naughty Dog never owned the IPs. I'm talking strictly Naughty Dog's, Uncharted is their biggest hit. Crash is a big PS1 hit, not a big Naughty Dog hit. They just developed it.

But Naughty Dog is owned by Sony right?

Or could Uncharted potentially go mutliplatform one day?

I see I'm not making myself clear:

Naughty Dog has never had a hit with quite the buzz/reception of Uncharted. What I mean is, they developed Crash, but it was never theirs nor Sony's. This time, it's theirs (Sony's), and is held in higher regard than Crash Bandicoot. If I say Naughty Dog, I'm essentially talking about Sony, as they are one.

Make sense?

Crash Bandicoot wasn't owned by ND, but that doesn't mean it wasn't ND's hit. That's their game, they developed it, big deal if they didn't own it, it's a big part of their resume and they had everything to do with it. Hell, Crash Bandicoot even holds the record for a non-japanese developed game to make a major breakthrough in Japan! that alone says a lot of the big hit Crash was, and that was indeed  BIGGER THAN UNCHARTED, if I may say so because it's a fact, numbers are there. Sure, now the success is even sweeter and legit, but Crash Bandicoot MADE Naughty Dog, make no mistake about that.

CGI-Quality said:
ElGranCabeza said:
CGI-Quality said:

I doubt that's really an issue here, but OK.

How is it not an issue? If it wasn't for piracy, GOW and GOW2 would have probably sold 7-8 million on PS2 each.

Because if it were an issue on PLAYSTATION 3, there'd be something to worry about. But what happened to God of War I & II mean nothing to Uncharted 3.

And try to remain on topic. Thanks.

I dont know about 7 or 8 million, those numbers a bit high imo. i think maybe 4 or 5 tbh. because GOW1 came out after the mad rush of PS2 exclusives, like FF10, GTA3, MGS2. so it never had a chance because it already came and went in the shadow of those games.

oh and i'm gonna be bold and say about 8 mil lifetime for UC3, if its bundled. why?? because i think by the time it releases, it could come with a PS3 price cut in the 2012 new year, and create huge sales for the console next year. UC2 did great things for PS3, and UC3 will do the same next year imo.

I changed my prediction a bit. I first thought a PS4 release could hurt its' sales, but after thinking a bit about it 5m should easily be achievable.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

CGI-Quality said:
gekkokamen said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

But Naughty Dog is owned by Sony right?

Or could Uncharted potentially go mutliplatform one day?

I see I'm not making myself clear:

Naughty Dog has never had a hit with quite the buzz/reception of Uncharted. What I mean is, they developed Crash, but it was never theirs nor Sony's. This time, it's theirs (Sony's), and is held in higher regard than Crash Bandicoot. If I say Naughty Dog, I'm essentially talking about Sony, as they are one.

Make sense?

Crash Bandicoot wasn't owned by ND, but that doesn't mean it wasn't ND's hit. That's their game, they developed it, big deal if they didn't own it, it's a big part of their resume and they had everything to do with it. Hell, Crash Bandicoot even holds the record for a non-japanese developed game to make a major breakthrough in Japan! that alone says a lot of the big hit Crash was, and that was indeed  BIGGER THAN UNCHARTED, if I may say so because it's a fact, numbers are there. Sure, now the success is even sweeter and legit, but Crash Bandicoot MADE Naughty Dog, make no mistake about that.

Buzz & reception also include what players thought, reviews, etc. While Crash did sell more, it DID NOT have the same reception, all around, that Uncharted has. The Uncharted brand is considered to be the premiere brand on the PS3. Crash, while big, lost a bit of that PS1 love when games like Final Fantasy VII, MGS, Resident Evil, and Gran Turismo came on the scene. It wasn't the defining franchise on PS1, as Uncharted is for PS3.

Basically, this is Naughty Dog's true hit. I will give Crash the credit for getting their foot in the door, but they will always be known from here on out for Uncharted before anything else. Bear in mind that Uncharted also has the advantage of time (era).

Well, of course. You speak the truth...Now, what would you like to see in this new Drake adventure? What would you improve (from U2), what would you change, and anything innovative to add to the gameplay you can think of?

0_0 NO ONE said anything about my Lawrance of Arabia comment...I'm sad and stuff now

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!