By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
IllegalPaladin said:
Strategyking92 said:

whoa whoa whoa, hold the hell up...

You have to use GfWL with some games you buy through steam?

If it's a GFWL game.... yea.

Well I mean, you'd think that if it already has steam it wouldn't need GfWL for copy protection, distribution, etc.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
TWRoO said:

<insert id="shio"><arrogance><facts class="anecdotal">PC gaming is better than console gaming</facts></arrogance></insert>

On a more serious note, that does sound horrible... what exactly is GfWL used for? some kind of authentication to make sure you have a bought copy of the game?

thanks for bring an imaginary shio into this. I agree with imaginary shio though. This is why I have yet to see any games that allow pc vs console as PC gamers would destroy console gamers in everyways.

Anyways, GfwL serves the exact same purpose as XBL does. It serves as a market place, leader board, achievement thing, etc. Only thing is it does everything horridly and at one point it wasnt free.  Its a broken system on PC as everything does what it offers better. Impulse, Steam, Xfire, etc all have similar features that actually work properly and isn't broken to utter hell. I reviewed a GfwL title, Stormrise, and I will tell you that the experience sucked ass as it runs in the background, similar to Steam and Impulse, but uses a ton more resources. Also account integration was horrid. I literally had to login to the account 4 times before I could start the single player campaign. Why? who knows? I dont even think the software does.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
TWRoO said:

<insert id="shio"><arrogance><facts class="anecdotal">PC gaming is better than console gaming</facts></arrogance></insert>

On a more serious note, that does sound horrible... what exactly is GfWL used for? some kind of authentication to make sure you have a bought copy of the game?

thanks for bring an imaginary shio into this. I agree with imaginary shio though. This is why I have yet to see any games that allow pc vs console as PC gamers would destroy console gamers in everyways.

Anyways, GfwL serves the exact same purpose as XBL does. It serves as a market place, leader board, achievement thing, etc. Only thing is it does everything horridly and at one point it wasnt free.  Its a broken system on PC as everything does what it offers better. Impulse, Steam, Xfire, etc all have similar features that actually work properly and isn't broken to utter hell. I reviewed a GfwL title, Stormrise, and I will tell you that the experience sucked ass as it runs in the background, similar to Steam and Impulse, but uses a ton more resources. Also account integration was horrid. I literally had to login to the account 4 times before I could start the single player campaign. Why? who knows? I dont even think the software does.

I think I came off a little offensive there and I apologise to shio, I kind of expected that if there was any truth in the GfWL stuff in the OP that shio would be against it as he gives good advice (though just doesn't seem to be able to see things from anothers point of view sometimes)

Not using GfWL I am glad I don't have to experience it, but I have had to authenticate other Windows software before and they do seem to go overboard, and something like that doesn't run in the background being a pain whilst using the software so at least it's a one time thing.

As for PC gamers beating console gamers, in many situations I would say that's true, though I am a racing game fan where I would say both parties can be even if they have the money to spend on wheel controllers etc, if they don't though a control stick easily beats trying to steer with arrow keys, though I still enjoyed Trackmania without one (helps that it's impossible to crash into other people in that game though)

I stopped reading when you said M$, I can't really take anyone seriously that writes that.

twesterm said:

I stopped reading when you said M$, I can't really take anyone seriously that writes that.

Lucky you. I should start doing that

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
TWRoO said:

Wow... get off your high horse. It's exactly those kind of thoughts about console gamers why people tend to stereotype PC gamers as elitist.

Of course in certian genres PC gamers would have the edge and win because of the "controller" not because of any other reason.

Like someone else said before me.. racing sims? I also want to add the Fighting genre ... your just blind with your agenda. Ever think people prefer console over PC because of the cons of PC. Did you ever think playing with your friends in the same room was ever fun? How about owning a physical copy? Maybe the fighting genre was your thing and the only way to play most of them on your PC was to be a shameless thief? I guess people might actually prefer consoles for a reason.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

Killy_Vorkosigan said:

I just spent one hour trying to make that ultimate pice of crap of Game for window Live work , since it"s mandatory to play Batman AA, if you want to save.

So, after downloading through steam during the night, I decided to finally play what I payed with my hard earned money. But the road to gaming heaven (according to critics) is barren by the ugly GfWL.

First the interface of this.... white crayish thingy bears all the marks of the awefulness. It comes out of nowhere, out of the design of the game itself, and you know why you hate M$ for its intrusiveness. Then, I am asked to prompt a login and password. In the end of the 1990s, ages ago in this era of information, I had a hotmail account, so I used this old stuff.

Then the problem begins (like batman ^^). GfWL decides , without asking me or whatever, to log to my account, and while I just had used it ages ago for two or three mails, it takes 5 long minutes to download whatever shit it needs to 'work'. As this thing was not as badly programmed as windows itself, it closes the gamedo some background unknown stuff, reloads the game. To my great surprise, 5 mn of my precious time were used for nothing, since the goddamn gfwl reasks me to prompt my account. and can't recognise it itself.

So I decided to check directly over the internet if my account is right, this is checked easily directly on hotmail site. This being done, I decided to remove GfWL from my computer, and reinstall and reupdate it. Then, I prompt my account, and I get his absolutely lovely message :

Error in sign in 8015403A game for windows

After a quick google search, surprise !!! M$ has decided, out of nowhere, that you should have though by yourself that you should have gone on http://www.xbox.com site to check a little box :  

"I accept the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use aggrement' 

I don't care about xbox whatever. I have a far better gaming PC than this. Finally, after doing this, the shitty abysmal uselessness of GfWL finally accepts my login and password. And it works in Batman AA, so I finally can save the game and try this.

GfWL must be removed from the face of our gaming world. It must die and rot in the oblivion of gaming's worst idea. There's nothing more user-unfriendly than GfWL. Go to hell, GTFO GfWL.

In Brazil and other countries is even worst

http://www.framebuffer.com.br/node/101418

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I honestly haven't ever had a problem with it....although I don't use it very often.

ssj12 said:

thanks for bring an imaginary shio into this. I agree with imaginary shio though. 1.This is why I have yet to see any games that allow pc vs console as PC gamers would destroy console gamers in everyways.

One of the big things about Shadowrun was that you could play against PC gamers. 

On topic: I downloaded it yesterday and had no problems logging into my gamertag and playing VP. Probably took me 30 seconds...

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

CDiablo said:

I love GFWL, no problems playing or installing games, I wish more games used the service. Love the intergraion with XBL. They are having an insane $0.99 sale for the past week on a ton of their titles.

all 5 of them?