By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Passion of the Christ video game

If I truly offended you, I'm sorry. In my orignal post I was more joking than anything.

Again, sorry, I have a habit of not holding my tongue... even when I type.

Around the Network

Wow, vizunary and mistershine are you guys being serious or just trying to anger people. First of all to compare Jesus to Hitler is completely ignorant. Hitler tried to exterminate an entire race of people. Show me where Jesus created mass graves and killed millions of people. He didn't. There is such a thing as free speech, but when people say stupid things like this they should be made fun of. You are either A) not smart at all or B) insane.

Have a good day.

Mistershine said:
kamil said:
@sienster: You're free to prove as wrong.

Therein lies the problem in the argument. You can't prove the existence of a non-existent thing.

Also, if Mario is to be proclaimed the new Messiah, does that make Princess Peach the Whore of Babylon?

You can't prove the non existence of it either. It's just a matter of faith, you have it or you don't.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

snooty89 said:
Wow, vizunary and mistershine are you guys being serious or just trying to anger people. First of all to compare Jesus to Hitler is completely ignorant. Hitler tried to exterminate an entire race of people. Show me where Jesus created mass graves and killed millions of people. He didn't. There is such a thing as free speech, but when people say stupid things like this they should be made fun of. You are either A) not smart at all or B) insane.

Have a good day.

I choose B... No, but Jesus' followers DID kill millions upon millions of people, the Crusades, the Inquisition, the "missions" in the new world, Salem, etc, etc. LIKE I SAID, Jesus sounds like a nice guy, but many of his followers are asses. DISCLAIMER: If you yourself are not an ass, then the preceding was not directed at you.

@vizunary
I'm pretty sure that all the people you reffered to died in the name of 'God' rather than jesus, and the Hitler thing was a bit OTT.
@snooty89
Why would my expressing a point of view make anyone angry? If people want others to respect their religious beliefs, then they have to learn to respect others lack of belief.
I will accept that the Princess Peach thing was maybe going too far.

Around the Network

^^^but isn't it "The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost"???

It's all supposedly the same dude, you know.

Anyways, I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a man nailed to two pieces of wood.

oh no, I've gone too far... you ever get that feeling?

vizunary said:
snooty89 said:

Have a good day.

I choose B... No, but Jesus' followers DID kill millions upon millions of people, the Crusades, the Inquisition, the "missions" in the new world, Salem, etc, etc. LIKE I SAID, Jesus sounds like a nice guy, but many of his followers are asses. DISCLAIMER: If you yourself are not an ass, then the preceding was not directed at you.

You forgot the missions in Afrika as well. Not to mention the churches that do not allow for medical treatment or the treatment of women and even today chrisitainity kills almost as many people as it helps because of HIV.

However there are some christians who do not believe in the divinity of Jesus though by todays definition they wouldn't be considered christians by many because of the Nicean Creed. Christianity is nothing more than a congretation of churches and people who believe in the teachings of Jesus and like everything else almost everyone gets it wrong and lots of  people distort it for their own self interest.

@vizunary

If Jesus was executed 20 years ago the symbol would be a man sitting in an electric chair, thats how sick it is.

Yeah finding humor in something that would offend millions at the core of who they are is wrong, no matter who you are. It is a huge window into your character and what kind of person you are. It's like making a game where you are Nazi trying to wipe out helpless Jews. Or a strategy game where you were a plantation owner set to handle a plantation in the south and deal with 100s of African slaves as you please, or worse still a member of the Klu Klux Klan. Or you were a group of southern straight guys beating up and killing 17 year old defenseless gay kids trying to wipe the town of homosexuality. Or if you were an Islamic extremist setting out to kill Americans in as many ways as possible.

It is in very poor taste.