By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Immortal said:
Beuli2 said:
Immortal said:
Beuli2 said:
Immortal said:

*glows with pride*

May not be near my expectations, but it's up alright! With the $75 off in Walmart in US for the weekend, this looks a hell lot more possible, :D. 2m-2.1m for the next two weeks I'm guessing?

Has a console ever sold 2 million in a single week?

DS has, but "it's not a console", xD. Wii'll be the first home console to do it. And I should hope that it'll do it at least once this year.

Yeah, I believe that if it doesn't do it in the week ending December 25th, there won't be ever again a chance.

Really? With the $75 offer at Walmart, I'd expect December 18th to be higher than or equal to December 25th.

2m in a single week... Who woulda thunk it back in 2006, :D?

If it really sells that much it will do better than 2009... the doom would be delayed until next August.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:

If it really sells that much it will do better than 2009... the doom would be delayed until next August.

Hello? Did you not see the thread you're posting in, xD?

Honestly, with a price cut early next year (it'll be huge; last price cut is heavily saturated by now), I can see it doing okay numbers through the year (a little over this year, except better in the summer, little less during spring) and 2008-ish holiday numbers, for a nice 18m, as high as PS2 launch aligned, despite the PS2's larger than life Slim release, :D.

If Nintendo tries price cut again in 2012, the doom will be delayed past the world's end, :O!

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Oh, by the way, just to add to the fun before the numbers come along and ruin it, I predict that, in the December NPD, which releases on the 12th of January, if I'm not wrong, the Wii will be above 4 million. Maybe as high as 4.25m, even, :P. I messed up on the Americas predictions in the OP because I didn't (couldn't) account for the retailer price cut boosts. Isn't Wii at like $125 at two different places next two weeks?

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:

Oh, by the way, just to add to the fun before the numbers come along and ruin it, I predict that, in the December NPD, which releases on the 12th of January, if I'm not wrong, the Wii will be above 4 million. Maybe as high as 4.25m, even, :P. I messed up on the Americas predictions in the OP because I didn't (couldn't) account for the retailer price cut boosts. Isn't Wii at like $125 at two different places next two weeks?

4M for wii would be insane, wii being under-tracked after people claiming it's over-tracked would be funny to watch lol, about those deals yest wii is being very cheap in some places like walmart, bestbuy, toys r us.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
Immortal said:
Nintendogamer said:

2M for Wii and liek 1.6M for DS will be a slap in the face for all haters, but they will come out saying it's over-tracked or something.

And then NPD'll come along and adjust it up to 2.2m causing it to be forever mocked by being called NPR by haters (Nintendo Press Release), xD.

And all that because they can't accept the high numbers posted by Wii, So they would call it NPR because they said wii sold the most, lol some people never learn.

Since 2006 and untill the final day of Wii.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Nintendogamer said:
Immortal said:
Nintendogamer said:

2M for Wii and liek 1.6M for DS will be a slap in the face for all haters, but they will come out saying it's over-tracked or something.

And then NPD'll come along and adjust it up to 2.2m causing it to be forever mocked by being called NPR by haters (Nintendo Press Release), xD.

And all that because they can't accept the high numbers posted by Wii, So they would call it NPR because they said wii sold the most, lol some people never learn.

Final day of wii, Wii successor will be riding the boat and Wii will be art 110M so we wont be bothered by them then.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
Pavolink said:
Nintendogamer said:
Immortal said:
Nintendogamer said:

Final day of wii, Wii successor will be riding the boat and Wii will be art 110M so we wont be bothered by them then.

Maye Wii not anymore, but what about Wii successor?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nintendogamer said:
Immortal said:

4M for wii would be insane, wii being under-tracked after people claiming it's over-tracked would be funny to watch lol, about those deals yest wii is being very cheap in some places like walmart, bestbuy, toys r us.

Let's see...

In a worst case scenario; so far the Wii has sold 1.3m in US, next week on a day of $125 at WM and any other deals and rising holiday sales it'll sell 900k, week after, on second day of $125 at WM as well as $125 at that other retailer and other retailer cuts, coupled with rising holiday sales, it'll boost to 950k and for the final week it'll drop to 200k. That adds up to 3.35m.

In a best case scenario; so far the Wii has sold 1.4m in US, next week on a day of $125 at WM, other deals and holidays, it'll boost to 1.25m, week after, second day of $125 at WM, $125 at other retailer, other deals and continuing holidays will push Wii to 1.35m and, in its final week of the year, the Wii'll sell 350k. That would mean 4.35m for December.

Most likely, it'll hit between those two, meaning 3.85m, pretty much the exact same amount as last year. Pretty darn good, I'd say.

UGH! How sales play with my feelings... One week, WII'S GONNA DO IT and the next, WII IZ DOOOOMEDDDZ... About 500k down overall for the month now; I could see a week upwards of 2.2m in sales next week at most, but I don't know how it's gonna make up another 250k in the last week of sales - over 1m won't cut it.

Here's hoping for adjustments.

It seems your prediction has crashed and burned, unless you really think it can to 2.4 millions next week.

Above: still the best game of the year.