By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - *GameFaqs Poll* Most hated Videogame company Right now.

johnsobas said:

EA games good games too, people should just no buy the bad ones. If you don't buy them, they won't make them.

I always hated midway the most back in the day, their games always had the worst AI. Anyone remember off road challenge or hydro thunder? I remember on the arcade of off road i maxed out my car, and bought as many nitros as you could get. The problem is that if you are doing well the computer car always does better. At the end of the first race with my maxed out car i kept hitting the nitro button over and over (about 10 times), but the computer car was still faster than mine.

Those were some bad games. Midway was a great company though.

Around the Network
mancandy said:
Narfer said:
i dont know why all the hate for EA. i actually really like them... is that wierd?

No...you are entitled to your own opinion. However, if you like the movie Cat Woman....then that's weird.

damn it... i guess im wierd then...

haha, j/k. 

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

I just wanna say something really fast.

I love how almost every game mag/site talks about how HORRIBLE the PS3 is, and how it's gonna fail, yet for some reason, they review every Wii game that comes out... And about half score under a 6.

At least the games on the PS3 score 7 and up almost always. It just amazes me. People love the Wii. Magazines tend to talk about how GREAT the Wii is. And yet, almost EVERY review... Says it sucks. EGM gave Paper mario a 8, 8, and 9.

Some amazing numbers for one of the nintendo big 5 coming in 2007.

I hate to say it, but EGM tend to give the Wii better scores than I would. Yet I've noticed, the scores on Wii games are going down. Not up. Kinda amuses me.

But back on topic.

Let's hate sony because they are offering HOME for free. Free stuff is BAD, horrible. At least nintendo will start charging for the web-brower in the near future! A Free one is BAD. Especially if it's on sony. I hate sony too.   (that is a foot in mouth)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:

I love how almost every game mag/site talks about how HORRIBLE the PS3 is, and how it's gonna fail, yet for some reason, they review every Wii game that comes out... And about half score under a 6.

At least the games on the PS3 score 7 and up almost always. It just amazes me. People love the Wii. Magazines tend to talk about how GREAT the Wii is. And yet, almost EVERY review... Says it sucks. EGM gave Paper mario a 8, 8, and 9.

I hate to say it, but EGM tend to give the Wii better scores than I would. Yet I've noticed, the scores on Wii games are going down. Not up. Kinda amuses me.

But back on topic.

Let's hate sony because they are offering HOME for free. Free stuff is BAD, horrible. At least nintendo will start charging for the web-brower in the near future! A Free one is BAD. Especially if it's on sony. I hate sony too.   (that is a foot in mouth)

Do you read the reviews?

Look at some of the games (Godfather and Prince of Persia) and you can summarize the review as

"The game looks better than the PS2/XBox/Gamecube version and is a lot more fun to play than the PS2/XBox/Gamecube version and (even though we gave the PS2/XBox/Gamecube version  an 8/9) we're giving this game a 7 because it doesn't have much new content."

If you look at the average user score on Gamerankings you will see that the average user thinks that these games are far better than the reviewers do; likely because if you didn't pick up Godfather for the PS2 it is still a very good game for the Wii.

Probably has to do with the fact that PS3 has very few exclusive games.  The only notable ones being Resistance, Motorstorm, and Ridge Racer 7 (even though it's not much different from 6 on 360).  The PS3 is cluttered with 360 ports and sports games that are exactly the same on PS2 with upgraded graphics.

Of course you can say the Wii is full of rushed ports, and it is, but there are many noteworthy games still.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
Kwaad said:

But back on topic.

yea, well when gaming companies actually want to and do make games for your console, your bound to get bad reviews. PS3 has what? 3, 4 games for it? yea, that explains it pretty easily. you actually search through the 20 reviews for the wii and 5 for the PS3 youll see the higher ranked games are equal. and yes, the user rating is always sinificantly higher for every wii game.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

The most compelling battle at Gamefaqs is Square fanboys vs. Nintendo fanboys. This poll would be more interesting when FFXIII is released.

HappySqurriel said:
Kwaad said:

But back on topic.

Do you read the reviews?

Look at some of the games (Godfather and Prince of Persia) and you can summarize the review as

"The game looks better than the PS2/XBox/Gamecube version and is a lot more fun to play than the PS2/XBox/Gamecube version and (even though we gave the PS2/XBox/Gamecube version  an 8/9) we're giving this game a 7 because it doesn't have much new content."

If you look at the average user score on Gamerankings you will see that the average user thinks that these games are far better than the reviewers do; likely because if you didn't pick up Godfather for the PS2 it is still a very good game for the Wii.

IGN in particular is getting complaints because they are really hitting Wii games hard as part of an editorial decision.  If the game doesn't have 16:9 and 480p it loses points regardless if its good for example.  They also mentioned a while back that they would purposely lower the score of early Wii games to allow later games to get higher scores for better graphics/gameplay.  With the Gamecube they gave too many early games like Star Fox Adventures a 9.0 and Super Smash Bros. a 9.6 it didn't leave much room for improvement for later games.  This is all the more problematic since IGN-Sony hands out high scores like candy.  That causes anyone just trolling their review scores without reading them or knowing how the scores are derived to think Wii games suck while PS3 games are cool.

I'm not sure about other sites but I would say the problem is that most games are purchased by non-hardcore gamers (most especially for the Wii) yet they are reviewed by hard core gamers.  Gamespot gave Excite Truck a 6.8.  To anyone who mainly plays Gran Turismo, NASCAR, Tokyo whatever it is, that may seem right.  I never could get into ultra realistic hard core racing games and I think Excite Truck is awesome.  So does everyone I know who's played it, both my brothers (one who hasn't play video games until now), my gf and my brother's gf, and my cousins' little kids.  Excite truck has sold reasonably well (around 400k I think) and is much better than a 6.8 game to most people.  That's why it's important to read reviews, when they start saying the reason they dropped the score is because the game wasn't complex or hard enough for them or that the graphics and sound weren't mind blowing that's a sign that the larger casual gamer market would like the game.

Kwaad Said:

But back on topic.

HOME is worth $600 to you?  Could you spare some cash for the less fortunate like myself?

It's not that I hate Sony, it's that I don't trust them:

- Root Kits, DRAM Price Fixing, Denial of Battery Problems - It may have been different divisions, but they're cut from the same cloth.

- 'All I want for Christmas is a PSP' - 'viral marketing' or vile marketing?

- Arrogance - work harder my ass...

- Just Being Jerks - Sony Blackballs Kotaku

@ Kwaad - As for low scores on some recent Wii games, I'm all for it.  Publishers missed the boat and are rushing ports to the system.  Even Nintendo is guilty of this.  Hopefully we'll start seeing some original, built from the ground up Wii games that will have the same amount of attention most of those higher scoring PS3 titles got.

and @ Stof... definitely the best news EA has had!  LOL!

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer