a shame for alan wake one of my favourite games

Around the Network
Seece said:
Vetteman94 said:
Seece said:
Vetteman94 said:
Seece said:
stopstopp said:

Switch Modnation and Alan wake, considering here Modnation racers has sold more.

Wasn't leo predicting 5 million for MNR

Werent there people prediction multiple millions for Alan Wake?

Don't remember, I imagin not. People were comparing MNR to LBP (because of the creat, share)

No,  I remember people like selnor predicting over 2 Million easily for that game,  and he wasnt alone.  But of course that would be forgotten

Aw 1/2

MNR 1/5

Uh huh, comparable.

actually alan wake will hit 2 million easily because its bundled

Mr Puggsly said:

Metroid Other M: I'm more surprised when a Metroid game does good.

Ouch!

I'm not saying you're wrong, but OUCH!

Hasnt AW crossed 1M by now if digital sales included, there was a bundle which allowed free digital download of Alan Wake and that sold about ~250k along with Forza 3, I think it was introduced on the GT5 week :lol:.

A shame about Alan Wake, thought it'd hit 2M by now, but I guess the lack of multiplayer element just made it a rental for most people.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

alfredofroylan said:

Exaggeration much? Those are far from big.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
alfredofroylan said:

Exaggeration much? Those are far from big.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bust_(sculpture)

Conegamer said:

When I saw the header image I thought I'd gone into the wrong place

However, all of those games should have done well, but some are a bit rough. Other M, Alan Wake and Red Steel 2 have all sold well, and I'm sure Red Steel 2 wil hit its target of 500k LT sometime next year. Not great sales, but what they wanted. Maybe Red Steel 3 with a Move PS3 option as well?

Heck, if 380k for Conduit was enough to warrant a sequel...

That seems to imply that the sequel was planned or greenlighted depending on "The Conduit" sales. Not so, if you read the interview with HVS it's clearly stated that they started developing Conduit 2 as soon as the first was shipped. The fact that they always planned to make at least two of them was also in another interview I can't find right now.

It actually stands to reason: if you invest money into an engine or middleware like they did, coming up with a part 2 that reuses most of the tech is a safer way to recoup your investment with limited additional resources. As far as we know, the Conduit franchise might be in the red right now, or have provided a negligible return - 380K lifetime on the Wii amounts to what, about $5-6M revenue between publisher and devs? - with better hopes for when part 2 hits the market.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Mr Puggsly said:

No More Heroes 2: I love the story of No More Heroes, but technically they are not good games. Very clunky and just boring. The sequel bombed because the original wasn't fun either.

Agree 100%. I can not understand why people like these games, but I guess maybe I've just moved on from hack and slash games.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

BengaBenga said:

A shame for Alan Wake. One of my favorite games this gen. Loved the atmosphere and story.

Indeed. Best 360 game of the year imo. The music is also incredible!

alfredofroylan said:
stopstopp said:

That's no reason on why we shouldn't add sales we know it got.

It'll be a big list, and quite painful because Valkyria Chronicles II is there too, love that game even with the crappy gakuen story and the bad character design. Now:

Biggest Busts on handhelds.

Well this list is quite hard to do for two things. First handheld games have a much smaller budget than console games, so a number that could be bad for a console could be good for a handheld, and second most people will use the argument of “digital sales aren’t counted” But because few companies give number for their digital sales we’re going to use good ol’ retail sales.

Valkyria Chronicles II (PSP): Ok, guys. The main character is plain and boring, the female lead is “Mary Sue 101”, the “best friend-rival-Gary Oak-Vegeta –thing” is bad, the story involves predictible twists with a villain that has a  spike on his crotch. But everything else is awesome, from the technical point of view is way better than the first game so there isn’t any justification for just 340k units sold, not even the half of sales that the PS3 version has.

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 (PSP): Shooters are the king in consoles, but not in the consoles, despite some good reviews this game only put 270k units in the market.

Modnation Racers (PSP): Yep the console version didn’t set the charts on fire, but the handheld version is doing worse, even wit the inclusion of this game in some bundles the numer is stuck at 220k units sold with few hopes to recover.

Dante’s Inferno (PSP): Why this game exists is a mystery. Sure EA push a lot in the marketing department for the 3 versions but with just 110k units sold this version is pretty much a waste of money, talent and resources.

Fine, I don't care anymore, it doesn't seem to be worth it. If you want to make seperate list for console then be my guest but at least label it as such because it is misleading.