By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up!! (27th November 2010) *BLACK FRIDAY*

mhsillen said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
mhsillen said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Ginyu3 said:

When people said GOW3 would sell 5 million and i said it had no chance i was right.

Hold on there....

Its at 3.2 million with untracked black friday sales and its only been 8 months since release...I reckon it'd keep selling for some time and 5 million is definitely possible.

where is the proof it is undersold.  I could say the wii is under sold because it sold more last year

I hear last year these bundles sold more but that is not proof. Maybe these numbers are correct and it disappointing to ps3 fans

Its obvious they are....

No need of proof...just common sense... And TheSource thinks they may be undertracked too - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=120586&page=1

Its already at 3.2 million plus untracked BF bundle sales...

Are you really telling me that out of the 400k plus PS3s sold this week, less than 40k are special bundles by retailers...that is absurd.

So you believe it is a conspiracy 

No, just a mistake during tracking

Around the Network
mhsillen said:

lol no....the most probably reason, as TheSource pointed out is that ioi forgot to add the SW #s

Just a simple mistake really.... And VGC do adjust SW sales once in a while...they obviously do make certain mistakes once in a while.

Hey wait a second.  Where is Uncharted 2?  Wasn't there a ton of bundles avaliable with it and the new Medal of Honor?  It doesn't even show up on the top 30 list, when just a few weeks ago the game sold 7,700 copies.   Dis don't make any sense, unless there where only 5000 bundles avaliable in the ENTIRE US. Then I'll believe it. (:

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

GodOfWar_3ever said:
mhsillen said:

lol no....the most probably reason, as TheSource pointed out is that ioi forgot to add the SW #s

Just a simple mistake really.... And VGC do adjust SW sales once in a while...they obviously do make certain mistakes once in a while.

Agreed.

LivingMetal said:
Darth Tigris said:

So many amazing things here I can't even recount all of them so I'll highlight a few.

1) The Wii's comeback ... wow.  Seriously, its time everyone just shut up about the console and simply recognize that it owns the holiday season.

2) The 360, 5 years after launch, has its biggest Black Friday week ever and almost sold as much as the Wii.  Kinect sells MORE than the 360.  Is it hot?  I think we have our answer.

3) PS3, during GT5's launch, sold more in its weakest region than in GT zombieland Europe.  You know what that is PS3 fanboys?  That's the good news.  Enjoy it.

The Americas, once again, have set the patterns for this gen.  Wii in first, 360 in second, PS3 in third, and alllllllllll doing well.  This gen is the best.

There were no serious complaint about GT5 sales from PS3 users/gamers.  So please do not try to start any trouble by singling out "PS3 fanboys."

It's really sad that you viewed what I typed that way, because that wasn't the intention at all.  It was supposed to be more "don't get get mad PS3 fanboys because of the 3rd place finish; the console did really really good".  

Man ... this community ...

Around the Network
whatever said:

Wii may actually equal or exceed last year's holiday sales.  Crazy stuff.

Once Japan is added in, 360 and PS3 will basically be tied.

I think it's very possible for Wii to beat last year holiday sales. Despite having the mega hit NSMB and the $50 price drop last year, Wii makes up for it in the breadth of semi-hits this year, with Just Dance 2, Goldeneye, Kirby, U Draw and games, Mario Allstars, Epic Mickey (well in America at least), Wii Party, not to mention the Red Wii bundle.

Darth Tigris said:
LivingMetal said:
Darth Tigris said:

So many amazing things here I can't even recount all of them so I'll highlight a few.

1) The Wii's comeback ... wow.  Seriously, its time everyone just shut up about the console and simply recognize that it owns the holiday season.

2) The 360, 5 years after launch, has its biggest Black Friday week ever and almost sold as much as the Wii.  Kinect sells MORE than the 360.  Is it hot?  I think we have our answer.

3) PS3, during GT5's launch, sold more in its weakest region than in GT zombieland Europe.  You know what that is PS3 fanboys?  That's the good news.  Enjoy it.

The Americas, once again, have set the patterns for this gen.  Wii in first, 360 in second, PS3 in third, and alllllllllll doing well.  This gen is the best.

There were no serious complaint about GT5 sales from PS3 users/gamers.  So please do not try to start any trouble by singling out "PS3 fanboys."

It's really sad that you viewed what I typed that way, because that wasn't the intention at all.  It was supposed to be more "don't get get mad PS3 fanboys because of the 3rd place finish; the console did really really good".  

Given the context of the mass majority of reasonable responses to GT5 sales, what did you expect?

Darth Tigris said:
LivingMetal said:
Darth Tigris said:

I dunno wats up, If ps3 gets adjusted and ends up having 50k gap from 360 I don't think its sumthing I would gloat about either.

Shocking 360 numbers! My god!

Wii doing great in the holidays as usual, I was right about one thing at least (DS and Wii being the two to cross 1 million ww last week), DS is simply staggering and just won't die. PS3 actually placing fourth on GT5 launch week, seems like the intended Black Friday boost simply wasn't big enough and  couldn't handle the Wii's natural affinity for accelerating in the holidays and the 360's firm hold over the Americas HD console market.

This is still on its way to being the closest holidays race in history though, at last some excitement and competition!

There has been some dramatic "undertracking" regarding the ps3 ? its Software is no where to be seen ? and EMEA has been undertracked for sure ! dosent make sense at all !