By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up!! (27th November 2010) *BLACK FRIDAY*

Ginyu3 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Ginyu3 said:

When people said GOW3 would sell 5 million and i said it had no chance i was right.

Hold on there....

Its at 3.2 million with untracked black friday sales and its only been 8 months since release...I reckon it'd keep selling for some time and 5 million is definitely possible.

It sold 2.5 million in 2 and a half months, its sold 600,000 since then. Its the winter season and it only sold 18,000 last week. 4 million is possible, 5 million will never happen.

MGS4 sold 3.2 million in 2 and a half months and it only just hit 5 million.

MGS4 isn't done selling.

GoW III is undertracked in Americas this week... I'm sure.. It will be adjusted.

It will take time...but GoW III has a shot at 5 million.

Ginyu3 said:

Well you doubt wrong, you dont know what the PC are like here, its not a school, Libarys are very tight when it comes to security more than youd imagine for a place that gives out free books. They do all have different IPs i know it for a fact because ive been IP banned off of another site and just signed up again on the PC next to it.

But you definitely admitted to being an alt...atleast this account of yours will be banned...

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Ginyu3 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Ginyu3 said:

When people said GOW3 would sell 5 million and i said it had no chance i was right.

Hold on there....

Its at 3.2 million with untracked black friday sales and its only been 8 months since release...I reckon it'd keep selling for some time and 5 million is definitely possible.

It sold 2.5 million in 2 and a half months, its sold 600,000 since then. Its the winter season and it only sold 18,000 last week. 4 million is possible, 5 million will never happen.

MGS4 sold 3.2 million in 2 and a half months and it only just hit 5 million.

MGS4 isn't done selling.

GoW III is undertracked in Americas this week... I'm sure.. It will be adjusted.

It will take time...but GoW III has a shot at 5 million.

Ginyu3 said:

Well you doubt wrong, you dont know what the PC are like here, its not a school, Libarys are very tight when it comes to security more than youd imagine for a place that gives out free books. They do all have different IPs i know it for a fact because ive been IP banned off of another site and just signed up again on the PC next to it.

But you definitely admitted to being an alt...atleast this account of yours will be banned...

The much more MGS4 took 129 weeks to sell 5 million, about 2 and a half years. Itll take GOW3 longer even if it was to get to that 5 million infact a PS4 could be out with 2 years so it wouldnt have a chance anyway.

MGS4 was a really really good game, GOW3 was good but it wasnt that good, it was probably inferior to GOW2 it wont keep selling like MGS4. People shouldnt be greedy like people hoping for GT5 to sell over 10 million copies when the vastly more popular MW2 on PS3 has sold 8.8 million its unrealistic.

4 million for GOW3 is good, 5 million will never happen unless it has some kind of special bundle.

I know im an alt and i know ill be banned, but it doesnt matter ive been banned off this site over 10 times and i always come back, so its not a big deal.

So Xbox 360 takes 2nd place on this week, the week where many thought it would be impossible? Oh the drama of sales.

Tease.

Come on guys, ignore the Ginyu guy.

GT5 had a solid opening considering install base. Surprising DKR outsold GT5? Yes actually i am, nonetheless i am enjoying both because i am a gamer and not an executive/share holder/representative/etc at sony, nintendo, or microsoft.

Fanboys lose the battles on numbers but gamers win with the experience offered.

Software numbers mean PS3 HW undertracked(bundles) or just SW numbers are undertracked. Either way, solid numbers for all 3 consoles.

Kinect was big, GT5 was big, Wii was big.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

big wii and 360 sales massive s/ware sales too

PS3 lagging behind in s/ware sales on BF to be expected i guess

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Wii may actually equal or exceed last year's holiday sales.  Crazy stuff.

Once Japan is added in, 360 and PS3 will basically be tied.

So many amazing things here I can't even recount all of them so I'll highlight a few.

1) The Wii's comeback ... wow.  Seriously, its time everyone just shut up about the console and simply recognize that it owns the holiday season.

2) The 360, 5 years after launch, has its biggest Black Friday week ever and almost sold as much as the Wii.  Kinect sells MORE than the 360.  Is it hot?  I think we have our answer.

3) PS3, during GT5's launch, sold more in its weakest region than in GT zombieland Europe.  You know what that is PS3 fanboys?  That's the good news.  Enjoy it.

The Americas, once again, have set the patterns for this gen.  Wii in first, 360 in second, PS3 in third, and alllllllllll doing well.  This gen is the best.

Hey is this the biggest week ever for the 360?  Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the highest its ever sold in 1 week before this was around 700k

Wheres the Uncharted 2 Bundle numbers? It was only 10k?? I can't belive!

No Alan Wake?