By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up!! (27th November 2010) *BLACK FRIDAY*

Jeez, why is it that PS3 fans always feel the need to whine/ make excuses about the sales? First it was "it's too expensive!" then it was "shortages!!!1" now the latest trend is "it's being undertracked!" seriously, if you don't trust the numbers, why show up here?

Around the Network

Damn... 360 with the crazy comeback, PS3 did some great numbers tho, so im not mad. Them PS3 doom days are long gone , as long as its stays within 50k of the 360 at their current price range im happy.

lets just all wait for the inevitabvle adjustments

the main thing that actually surprises me is the ndertracking of the psp its shipped almost 4 milion more than whats its sold

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)
Capcom
32 35,774 378,316

Awe yeah XD

DKCR sales are awesome.

GREAT!!! 35000 new hunters online!!!, I can stop recomending this game, I am above 105 hours now, if you havent get this game do it now, you would definitely love it... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Metallicube said:

Jeez, why is it that PS3 fans always feel the need to whine/ make excuses about the sales? First it was "it's too expensive!" then it was "shortages!!!1" now the latest trend is "it's being undertracked!" seriously, if you don't trust the numbers, why show up here?

You do realize thatall those "excuses" usually turn out to be accurate, right?  Especially the shortages of the PS3 Slim in NA at the beginning of the year and undertracking.  Were you not here recently when PS3 was adjusted by a few hundred thousand units when Sony released it's financial reports for last quarter?  Besides, this is the time of the year when sales get very hectic, which usually makes things harder to track.  We are most likely going to see a few adjustments when financial reports come out in a month or so.

@ OP

I find it a little strange that we have it that the 360 sold relatively on par with the Wii in Americas, and yet MS has not said a word concerning it.  Anyway, I'll just wait patiently for any possible adjustments.  Great sales, regardless. 

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

??? you really think the software isn't undertracked? really? take a good look @ it then say this again seriously.

I won't whine I'll just put it bluntly, these GT5 NA sales are a collossal disappointment.

In the GT5 Sales Predictions Thread the "AVERAGE" Prediction came in at -- 740K

Much lower than expected.

Ps3 hardware is ok....worldwide it'll do more than last years black friday, but thats no big deal because it had GT5 launch this year.

DKCR Sales make me happy!

Hopefully GT still has enough power to leg it out in NA....we'll find out in the coming weeks.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

I won't whine I'll just put it bluntly, these GT5 NA sales are a collossal disappointment.

In the GT5 Sales Predictions Thread the "AVERAGE" Prediction came in at -- 740K

Much lower than expected.

Ps3 hardware is ok....worldwide it'll do more than last years black friday, but thats no big deal because it had GT5 launch this year.

DKCR Sales make me happy!

Hopefully GT still has enough power to leg it out in NA....we'll find out in the coming weeks.

Yeah, I gotta say I thought and hoped that GT5 would punch a bigger hole in the Americas market. Still doing good but not as good as Black Friday could have potentially made it.

All in all, its doing fairly well for a franchise that no one cares about.

Metallicube; Oh, you mean like the constant "software draught", "its not in a decline, just wait till holidays", "just wait for -insert title of savior game here- to arrive"? Everyone whines, get off your high horse. You yourself threatened to leave the site on the basis that the PS3 was sold in more markets. Now that's whining. Sorry for being so blunt, it had to be said.

Wii remains domed

Mad American numbers, more Kinects than 360s, daaaaamn! About 1.3M kinects in the last 2 weeks alone? That is incredibly mad and averages at almost 100k a day. Surprised @ the PS3 numbers, but seeing as there weren't that many decent deals in the Black Friday thread in comparison with the competition I see why the numbers are reasonably low. If Japan review is on spot then 360 should edge PS3 out this week by around 30-40k.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.