By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hack G.U. Series = One of the Best JRPG Trilogy!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hack G.U. series for the PS2 was really awesome in my opinion. It had a great story, an awesome main character (Haseo FTW), a really fun battle system and very good music. I've never seen anybody on this site talk about it. Has anyone else had the chance to play this great jrpg trilogy? If you haven't, do so as soon as you can. You are truly missing out on something amazing.

Around the Network

My younger brother has the games and I think he cleared them all like 1 or 2 years ago... but my Fat PS2 doesn't work anymore so I can't play :/

Atoli FTW :P

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

The anime was pretty enjoyable, but I haven't played any of the GU games. The first trilogy was pretty solid although I kept on running out of steam on them too haha. I loved the .Hack//SIGN anime though and it got me totally into the idea of an MMO. I'm still waiting for a legit version of The World.

xeroxm3 said:

The anime was pretty enjoyable, but I haven't played any of the GU games. The first trilogy was pretty solid although I kept on running out of steam on them too haha. I loved the .Hack//SIGN anime though and it got me totally into the idea of an MMO. I'm still waiting for a legit version of The World.

The first set wasn't a trilogy! :P It was 4 games.

G.U. was enjoyable, but I bet a lot would argue that xenosaga is above it or Atelier Iris.

Personally I need to play all three to fully judge, but based on playing all three first parts...I would agree that G.U. was the best. 

I played the originally 4 .hack games and also the G.U Trilogy.  I gotta say I had to force myself to watch .hack//roots before I was able to start the G.U. Games.  Haseo and Tabby just annoyed the living daylights outta me. I'm glad as the game went along Haseo really developed as a character and actually became likable. 

Overall though I enjoyed the .hack games. Heck I was so into .hack series in general that I read most of the novels, read the mangas etc. Found it to be the only way to be able to fully understand the series and to catch on to many of the references throughout the story.  Though I've forgotten quite a bit already =P

Around the Network

GHOST FALCON was my favorite.  =P

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Now that I think about it, I would have to say that G.U. was the best RPG trilogy I've ever played.....until Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

g-value said:

The Hack G.U. series for the PS2 was really awesome in my opinion. It had a great story, an awesome main character (Haseo FTW), a really fun battle system and very good music. I've never seen anybody on this site talk about it. Has anyone else had the chance to play this great jrpg trilogy? If you haven't, do so as soon as you can. You are truly missing out on something amazing.

O_O!!!! FINALLY SOME ONE AGREES WITH ME!!!!

Its a good game, but theres a major problem in my opinion. They released 4 full price release for the first Hack and 3 for the second. Problem is, the story lenght, monsters, equipments ect. could easily be made into one full price release. I would go as far as to call it one of the worst rip-off in video game history. In a way, im glad it wasnt very succesful, I definitly dont want RPGs developer to follow this marketing pattern. At least, the first Hack, also had a animé on each disc. The second didnt even have that.

Bottom line is, its a good game, but its also the best example of milking and screwing customer.

i only beat the first one which was pretty good. Though i think it needed a bit more time thrown at it.