By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Move Sells Over 4.1 Million Units

OntheEdgeofthemirror said:
nightsurge said:
Max King of the Wild said:
nightsurge said:

You guys think Nintendo can do it (a very small company in comparison to MS and Sony), but MS can't?  Obviously they can.

I don't see why you guys are doubting it so much.  It's like you personally can't accept the fact that Kinect is selling so well for some reason.

Yes, nintendo can but MS and Sony cant. Nintendo set a system up for themselves.

All you said is they have a serial number/bar code thing.  All Xbox 360's, Kinects, etc. have the same thing.  Are you saying MS couldn't have initialized something themselves in the wake of NPD's changing terms?

Also, any proof to this Nintendo operated personal tracking service for sold to consumers numbers?

They could of but there is no evidence they did, and something like that there should be evidence, where you are just taking MS at their word (where does it say it's sold to consumers anyways?) despite the "xbox 360 is well within industry standards" while it's failrate was 68%

Okay I'm done with you, you should be banned in a few weeks if not days anyway.

Around the Network
pezus said:
nightsurge said:

You guys think Nintendo can do it (a very small company in comparison to MS and Sony), but MS can't?  Obviously they can.

I don't see why you guys are doubting it so much.  It's like you personally can't accept the fact that Kinect is selling so well for some reason.

Why are you even talking about Kinect in here? This has nothing to do with it so please stay out of this thread with your fanboyism, unless you want to talk about Move.

He cannot accept the fact that Move is selling so well like his claim that some "can't accept the fact that Kinect is selling so well for some reason."

nightsurge said:
nightsurge said:
ethomaz said:
Jadedx said:
ethomaz said:
Jadedx said:
ethomaz said:
D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:
John_Doe said:

so hell! the 2,5 million kinect are shipped? sold to customers? if so, haw MS knows that...

2.5m shipped.

But like the sales is huge now the real sold numbers are near theses 2.5m.

sorry but it's sold not shipped

Unless the whole retail was reporting sales to Microsoft (not impossible but improbable) the only numbers they have are "sold to retail".

Nintendo is the only company of the big three who has a tracking system company and only releases its numbers on fiscal quartil.

Its the same as last time, MS CONFIRMED ITS NOT SOLD TO RETAIL, but SOLD TO CONSUMERS. Either you are doing this just to downplay the numbers and get a rise out of people (they have a name for those people), or you are just daft.

Where? The article is not clear for me.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2010/nov10/11-29msxboxblackfridaymopr.mspx

Article says:

"we are on pace to reach our forecast of 5 million units sold to consumers this holiday.”

http://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/9382554499031040 - Aaron Greenberg confirmation

What? That is a estimation for end of year... read the article again.

And Twitter? People lies in twitter... in official reports not.

PR people like Aaron Greenberg cannot lie in any form of public communication.  That includes Twitter.  Anything he says will be scrutinized.

That isn't an ESTIMATE, it's a GOAL.  One they are already half way to according to their own report. 1 million sold to consumers in 10 days, 2.5 million in 25 days thanks to Black Friday.

Remind me again who said xbox 360 was within industry standards? I know there were a few official statements about it 

Remind me again where ANY official reports outside of blogs, website polls, etc. that showed it wasn't?  That's what I thought.

http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/09/06/in-depth-expos-reveals-microsofts-xbox-360-failure-rate-was-68/

I said official reports giving official results about the exact failure rates.  That is one article based on interviews with people about what CAUSED the RROD, and nothing about exact failure rates.  Try again.

LivingMetal said:
pezus said:
nightsurge said:

Why are you even talking about Kinect in here? This has nothing to do with it so please stay out of this thread with your fanboyism, unless you want to talk about Move.

He cannot accept the fact that Move is selling so well like his claim that some "can't accept the fact that Kinect is selling so well for some reason."

I have no problem with Move.  In fact none of my posts have shown anything wrong with Move.  I am merely continuing a conversation others have started.  I was not the one that brought Kinect into this.

Hope that clears things up

nightsurge said:
I said official reports giving official results about the exact failure rates.  That is one article based on interviews with people about what CAUSED the RROD, and nothing about exact failure rates.  Try again.

Read the book, and this is what all you are like, you are presented with evidence you choose to ignore it and pretend the one with no evidence is correct

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
LivingMetal said:
pezus said:
nightsurge said:

I have no problem with Move.  In fact none of my posts have shown anything wrong with Move.  I am merely continuing a conversation others have started.  I was not the one that brought Kinect into this.

Maybe.  But the first mention of Kinect in this thread has been a praise.  Since then, it's almost as if everyone else is determined to downplay Move's numbers by comparing it with Kinect's.

nightsurge said:

Read the book, and this is what all you are like, you are presented with evidence you choose to ignore it and pretend the one with no evidence is correct

Hmmmm.. that sounds like someone... I guess the phrase, "look in the mirror" would be appropriate.

He was talking about pre-production failures.  You do realize that every system goes through pre-production and is worked on until the failure rates are much smaller.  I figured this was common knowledge to someone so interested in this and that's why I didn't expand on that.

LivingMetal said:
nightsurge said:
LivingMetal said:
pezus said:
nightsurge said:

Maybe.  But the first mention of Kinect in this thread has been a praise.  Since then, it's almost as if everyone else is determined to downplay Move's numbers by comparing it with Kinect's.

That was never my intention.  Perhaps others, but not mine.  I was only defending Kinect after I saw people trying to downplay it and doubt it's figures.

Not sure if posted...

"We've also confirmed with Sony that the sales numbers are in reference to retailers, not consumers, and learned that more than 75 percent of the sales in the US are bundles -- meaning new console sales or software groupings."

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/30/sony-ships-4-1-million-playstation-move-controllers-to-retailers/

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

Lol its not 4.1 million move units. Its 4.1 million move controllers. This refers to the glowing controller so its 4.1 million of those. Regardless of that , those sales are pretty good.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6284645.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1