By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Something You May Have Not Considered About X360 Japanese Sales-

Famitsu doesn't track American PX sales on millitary bases. Not sure if NPD does either. Makes you wonder if the 360 is undertracking if none of the millitary bases sales are tracked. Given the 360's main demographic male 18-30, I'm sure bases are filled with Halo and CoD fans.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network

Another demographic to look at are the expats, I mean there are over 18k US citizens and almost 8k UK citizens living in Tokyo alone. So maybe that also adds slightly to the xb360 sales here.

Wow , I was never thinking about it ... but sadly for MS this could be true :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

This can be true, but I wouldn't say it takes up 20%-30% dude. Your talking like the Japanese didn't buy the Xbox 360. They did because look at the software that is being released for it that caters more to them than the original Xbox did.

So really I think its bullshit facts but otherwise can be trusted since some Americans or Europeans do live in Japan that might of bought the 360 if they were at their homelands.

I really doubt PX sales are counted since I'm almost positive they don't report to MC or Famitsu and the fact that it's not considered a Japanese sale because it's technically American soil (hence no tax and whatnot).

With no way to track PX sales, they would not be included. That includes PX sales around the world. If a soldier walks into a Japanese store and buys a console, that's a different story.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/