By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Something You May Have Not Considered About X360 Japanese Sales-

^Why would it not?

Yes the Military makes a very small dent in the Japanese market, but seeing that the 360 only has 510000 sold it could be as much as 10%, I also beleive that a lot of the 360's sold in Japan are American Citizens living there or going to school. I personally know of 3 people who went to study over there(Computer Engineering Majors and Japanese majors)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Like I said, it counts because the troops simply go to a Japanese store and buy a 360 off the shelf.

Like I said, it counts because the troops simply go to a Japanese store and buy a 360 off the shelf.

One of my friends is a marine. I may have to ask him about this when I see him. He'd be able to tell me if the PX stocked American 360's or not. I just don't see the PX stocking Japanese 360s. As soon as the soldier came home, it would be useless to him.

Personally I have always felt that the Japanease are so uninterested in the 360 , that the majority of sales are to people with American ties. Students, businessmen, military, etc. Other people with some American relation or american obsession pick up the system for that reason.

This is evident to me because no matter how juicy the games get, it never hits mass appeal.

I think tokilamockingbrd has a point here.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network

^dark r

I know that they would have american 360's, but I do believe that sales in a PX that is in Japan would be track as a Japanese sale. The only way that it would be tracked as an American sale is if it was imported from america(they ordered it of Ebgames.com or something)

psn- tokila

I've always wondered about the Halo 3 sales, because that game was not region locked. I bet it was over 50% US people in Japan that bought it.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

dschumm - if the X360 only sold to Americans living in Japan, why are the #1 games there for the X360 games like Dead or Alive 4, Blue Dragon, Ridge Racer, and Ace Combat 6?

Why did Blue Dragon sell more in Japan than in the US (thus far) if only Americans bought the system(s)?

Wouldn't there be an inordinately large population of Japanese X360 buying more games like Halo, GRAW, Call of Duty, and such? GRAW, COD, RSV, and the like, all million sellers here, have sold under 25,000 there on the X360.

Yet they've sold 2m+ copies here.

Very, very, few of the top X360 games are western - Only Halo 3 is in the X360's Japanese top 10 (save maybe Gears of War).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

^ I did not say all owners are non-japanese, I am just saying non-japanese gamers are inflating the sales a bit

psn- tokila

@ Tokillamockingbird

If I recall correctly from when my father was in the Air Force, the bases are treated more as American soil than as native soil. Essentially, they are little islands of the United States all over the world.

Seriously though, they would be American sales because the bases are just an extension of the American market (APO and FPO addresses, still use NTSC televisions for Armed Forces Networks, etc.).

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- TKaMB's logic would also apply in Europe or anywhere else there are American bases. And most of that is PAL land. So it would be a very different console.

PPS -- What probably happens is undertracking of base-based purchases.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV