By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Major Nelson: Kinect Sold 2.5 million in first 25 days

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/11/29/kinect-sells-2-5-million-in-first-25-days.aspx

sold over 2.5 million in the first 25 days

Just want to play good games

Around the Network

no not 2 threads on the same topic anything but that. good for??? who owns this tech again? i can't keep up.

So that 2.5 million figure is likely sold to consumers and not shipped since the 1 million figure was revealed to be "sold thru to consumers."

If that's the case then black friday Kinect sales must have been MASSIVE.

My own personal experience saw every single 360/Kinect bundle sell out at all stores in my area.  All the 4gb and 250gb.  There were some standalone kinects available as well as some standard 4gb/250gb consoles, but not many.

The main focus should be on all of those Kinect Bundles being sold out as that clearly shows Kinect is a big hardware mover to new owners this holiday.  I don't know how many parents I saw come into gamestop asking about Kinect.

looks like 360 had a really great black friday from what ive been hearing...

“With sales already exceeding two and a half million units in just 25 days, we are on pace to reach our forecast of 5 million units sold to consumers this holiday.”

yay they specifically detail that it's SOLD TO CONSUMERS. Just like their 1 million statement, in line with our figures.

We have Kinect at 1.5 mill, so 1 million units sold this week? (actually I imagine it's 600 - 800k whilst undertracked previous weeks.)

Around the Network

So that comment about outselling the Wii's first holiday?  The one that a ton of people (friend of mine included) mocked MS for making?  Yeah ...

Seece said:

“With sales already exceeding two and a half million units in just 25 days, we are on pace to reach our forecast of 5 million units sold to consumers this holiday.”

yay they specifically detail that it's SOLD TO CONSUMERS. Just like their 1 million statement, in line with our figures.

We have Kinect at 1.5 mill, so 1 million units sold this week? (actually I imagine it's 600 - 800k whilst undertracked previous weeks.)

This is my guess, as well.  Probably undertracked in EMEAA and Americas a tad the last few weeks and 600-800k Kinects sold this week.

awesome indeed. Happy to see it been embraced by the public

Crikey mate, thats a lot of Kinect I say eh wot!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Considering Kinect just launched a week and a half ago in a few regions I'd say Kinect will easily reach 5 million by the end of the year, probably more.