By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Azalyn: GT5 1st week in Japan 350k sold

saicho said:

Can you provide more details on how 3 million first week is possible by these numbers?

If Spain sold 92k (for eg. Black Ops Moderm Warfate 2 sold 123k fw combined PS3, 360 and PC) then over 1.5 million is possible without UK in Europe plus 700k US and 400k JP.

So arround 2.8-3.0 million.

Edit - Moderm Warfate 2 sold 123k fw in Spain... not Black Ops.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
gustave154 said:

wow thats pretty low... guess my estimates failed =(

Why is low? Sony shipped just 400k standalone copies and 100k bundled.

my prediction was over 500k in japan fw... =(

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

or we can wait 1 day for reliable figures....

ethomaz said:
libellule said:

those datas are clearly not that great IMO

How much did you expect??? By theses number 3M is possible (my prediction? I will be check).

Edit - My prediction was 3.65m

3M week 1 ?

u joking right ?

Time to Work !

According to the Japanese Preview, GT5 had a 530,000 opening in Japan ( Bundles included )

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
libellule said:
ethomaz said:
libellule said:

How much did you expect??? By theses number 3M is possible (my prediction? I will be check).

3M week 1 ?

u joking right ?

Why? My prediction was optimistic but with these first numbers (3 countries) near 3m is the most probable choice now.

How many do you guess it sold?

ethomaz said:
libellule said:
ethomaz said:
libellule said:

3M week 1 ?

u joking right ?

Why? My prediction was optimistic but with these first numbers (3 countries) near 3m is the most probable choice now.

The problems with your prediction is that you think GT5 will outsell Black Ops in EMEAA first week. That isn't going to happen. EMEAA growth for black ops is up 25% from MW2. Considering it is only up 15% from MW2 in UK that means in the rest of EMEAA it is up nearly 40% when you take its sales away from EMEAA total. MW2 sold 123k in Spain. 360 mw2 sales were 1/4 of PS3 in Spain and PC sales are insignificant when you look at black ops pc sales. Safe to assume at least 65% of mw2 came from PS3. That means it sold 80k first week which means black ops sold 111k first week. That along with the fact Black Ops outsold GT5 by over 500k in the UK means the realistic maximum sales for EMEAA is around 1.5mil and thats with assuming GT5 massively outsold black ops in the very small countries. Add another 400k-500k from Japan and heck even an unlikely 600k from Americas and that is only 2.5-2.6mil. Still great sales just not near the 3mil.

These are just estimates from the data currently available. We will find out friday what it actually sold though.

enrageorange said:
ethomaz said:
libellule said:
ethomaz said:
libellule said:

3M week 1 ?

u joking right ?

The problems with your prediction is that you think GT5 will outsell Black Ops in EMEAA first week. That isn't going to happen. EMEAA growth for black ops is up 25% from MW2. Considering it is only up 15% from MW2 in UK that means in the rest of EMEAA it is up nearly 40% when you take its sales away from EMEAA total. MW2 sold 123k in Spain. 360 mw2 sales were 1/4 of PS3 in Spain and PC sales are insignificant when you look at black ops pc sales. Safe to assume at least 65% of mw2 came from PS3. That means it sold 80k first week which means black ops sold 111k first week. That along with the fact Black Ops outsold GT5 by over 500k in the UK means the realistic maximum sales for EMEAA is around 1.5mil and thats with assuming GT5 massively outsold black ops in the very small countries. Add another 400k-500k from Japan and heck even an unlikely 600k from Americas and that is only 2.5-2.6mil. Still great sales just not near the 3mil.

These are just estimates from the data currently available. We will find out friday what it actually sold though.

this maximum estimation sounds fair to me

Time to Work !