By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Dear ioi, do the preliminary data indicate any 7 figure sales?

theprof00 said:

psp and 360.

hah, jk lol

ps3 and ps3

in all honesty I would say it could be any combination of ds ________ except for psp.

i say all but PS2 and psp, but PS2 may suprise me lol? seriously!

Around the Network
Mr.Metralha said:

My bet is that only the DS is above 1 million because the Wii suffered from GT5 in Europe...

It did?

TheSource said:

For Wii, with the USA numbers from Nintendo I think you can expect 680k Americas 40k Japan 300k - 400k EMEAA (that Mario Kart bundle launched this week!). That would be 1.02m to 1.12m.

For PS3 I'd expect 350k EMEAA, 100k Japan, and 350k Americas. PS3 probably only would have done with 275k or something without GT5 this week in the Americas, and maybe 250k in EMEAA. I could see PS3 a bit higher in EMEAA too. But 800k minimum.

For X360...I'd expect 5k Japan, 240k - 300k EMEAA, and anywhere from 350k - 550k in the Americas. It really depends on how well those $50 gift cards for the $200 X360 were recieved, and whether Kinect pushed alot of hardware for the week. Something like 750k? Hard to say really

For DS...probably over 1m in the Americas alone. 50k Japan, 1020k Americas, 430k EMEAA or so. Good for a 1.5m week.

For PSP - 250,000 - 300,000 for the week.

For PS2 - 100,000 - 150,000 for the week

Just my guesses though.

Why do you expect the Wii to stay flat or only go up 100k in EMEAA even though it went up a 100k for fun last week without the MK bundle? Is there an adjustment coming?

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Mr.Metralha said:

My bet is that only the DS is above 1 million because the Wii suffered from GT5 in Europe...

I think that GT5 would put PS3 higher than putting Wii lower, and there's also the MKwii bundle this week.

DS is sure, Wii depends on how many faithful malstromites there are in America: they all will buy a second Wii just to prove that DKCR (Donkey Klutz Clan Riot) is a system seller.  O-) 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Kenology said:
Mr.Metralha said:

It did?

I don't know, I said it in the past tense but with a future intention on it.

I only suppose so. Gran Turismo in Europe is bigger than Jesus.

If a european consumer that doesnt own a console can't decide which console to get and on a specific platform he sees a GT racing game, the chances of picking up that one console improve drastically, I'd say.

RolStoppable said:
Carl2291 said:

It's looking like DS and Wii both sold over the Million.

DS is probably at 1.3/1.4 Million.

Wii is probably anywhere between 1 Million and 1.15 Million

Then we have the 360 at say... 850k?

And PS3 bringing up the rear at 700-800k?

PS3 bringing up the rear.

Now that's some excellent PSP trolling right there. Doesn't even exist anymore.

PSP? In a sales thread? That's next week, Rol!

RolStoppable said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

DS is sure, Wii depends on how many faithful malstromites there are in America: they all will buy a second Wii just to prove that DKCR (Donkey Klutz Clan Riot) is a system seller.  O-) 

You should check out his blog. After that e-mail regarding DKCR being scripted coming in, I wouldn't be surprised to see Malstrom hating on the game in the coming weeks.

Oh my, is nothing sacred?   

But who will he blame and hate for that, this time? Sakamoto has a watertight alibi, 121 people saw him buying pears at a local market while Donkey Klutz was scripted and given a maternal instinct.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Games4Fun said:
RolStoppable said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

You should check out his blog. After that e-mail regarding DKCR being scripted coming in, I wouldn't be surprised to see Malstrom hating on the game in the coming weeks.

Funny thing is part of what he complains about is in old Mario games too. Being he wanted it to be known it pales in comparsion to Mario confuses me. He doesnt come across as a platforming fan from his complaints.