By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Much Will GT5 Sell By The End of 2010 ?

How Much Will GT5 Sell By The End of 2010 ?

2.0 - 3.0 Million 19 8.19%

3.0 - 4.0 Million 54 23.28%

4.0 - 5.0 Million 100 43.10%

5.0 - 6.0 Millon 38 16.38%

6.0 - 7.0 Million 21 9.05%

Total:232
Seece said:
Blood_Tears said:
Jay520 said:
Blood_Tears said:

hmm I'd say 4.5 M by end of 2010.

The problem with predicting GT sales, is we don't know what kind of affect the reviews will have on it. I know alot of people are saying reviews don't matter but you have to consider it's not 2004 anymore. This is a new gen where reviews unfortunately do matter to alot of gamers.

GT5 might not have the legs that GT4 had nor the sales it had in it's 2nd week. Sure GT still has a good fanbase, but this a shooter dominated Gen (HD systems only - don't hit me with Mario sales please) The racing sims of today just don't seem as popular as yesterday.

What racing sims from yesterday are you referring to.

Forza is a growing series.

Gran Turismo 5 hasn't released.

Need 4 Speed Shift only had one release.

What racing sims are becoming less popular?

Need for Speed Underground (PS2)
Electronic Arts
2.99 0.08 3.42 6.49

Need for Speed Underground (PS2) 6.49M

Need for Speed Underground (XB) 1.64M

Total  8.13M

Need for Speed Underground 2 (PS2) 6.38M

Need for Speed Underground 2 (XB) 2.22M

Total  8.6M

Need for Speed: Shift (PS3) 2.21M

Need for Speed: Shift (X360) 1.60M

Total 3.81M

Need for Speed: Undercover (PS3) 1.59M

Need for Speed: Undercover (X360) 1.41M

Total 3M

I agree Forza is a growing series, but it's always bundled to increase sales. It was bundled in holidays 07 to increase sales. Forza 3 did good in sales but recently stalled at 2.9M ww and was increasing very slowly until they announced the F3 and Alan Wake bundle and will probably match F2 now.

I can't speak for GT5 as i noted before, it's too early to tell about legs and what not. I actually hope it sells 8 to 10 M, just not sure yet.

And Alan Wake is still doing around 10k, so it's not the bundles, more so the Ultimate Edition of Forza that released in October.

That's because the bundle includes a voucher to download Alan Wake from Xbox live which is most likely not tracked on this site since it's a digital copy.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Seece said:
Blood_Tears said:
Jay520 said:
Blood_Tears said:

hmm I'd say 4.5 M by end of 2010.

The problem with predicting GT sales, is we don't know what kind of affect the reviews will have on it. I know alot of people are saying reviews don't matter but you have to consider it's not 2004 anymore. This is a new gen where reviews unfortunately do matter to alot of gamers.

GT5 might not have the legs that GT4 had nor the sales it had in it's 2nd week. Sure GT still has a good fanbase, but this a shooter dominated Gen (HD systems only - don't hit me with Mario sales please) The racing sims of today just don't seem as popular as yesterday.

What racing sims from yesterday are you referring to.

Forza is a growing series.

Gran Turismo 5 hasn't released.

Need 4 Speed Shift only had one release.

What racing sims are becoming less popular?

Need for Speed Underground (PS2)
Electronic Arts
2.99 0.08 3.42 6.49

Need for Speed Underground (PS2) 6.49M

Need for Speed Underground (XB) 1.64M

Total  8.13M

Need for Speed Underground 2 (PS2) 6.38M

Need for Speed Underground 2 (XB) 2.22M

Total  8.6M

Need for Speed: Shift (PS3) 2.21M

Need for Speed: Shift (X360) 1.60M

Total 3.81M

Need for Speed: Undercover (PS3) 1.59M

Need for Speed: Undercover (X360) 1.41M

Total 3M

I agree Forza is a growing series, but it's always bundled to increase sales. It was bundled in holidays 07 to increase sales. Forza 3 did good in sales but recently stalled at 2.9M ww and was increasing very slowly until they announced the F3 and Alan Wake bundle and will probably match F2 now.

I can't speak for GT5 as i noted before, it's too early to tell about legs and what not. I actually hope it sells 8 to 10 M, just not sure yet.

And Alan Wake is still doing around 10k, so it's not the bundles, more so the Ultimate Edition of Forza that released in October.

That's because the bundle includes a voucher to download Alan Wake from Xbox live which is most likely not tracked on this site since it's a digital copy.

You know why we don't track digital sales? Because we can't, no way of doing it to my knowledge. With the bundle, we know exactly (within 10% blah blah) how much it's selling.

CGI-Quality said:

3-4 million. It'll sell anywhere from 3.75mill to 4mill.

nice but im thinking 3-5

5m if DEC. goes well!

first week sales will be around 2.5mil. The holidays are coming, it can sell 3-4 mil easily.

RolStoppable said:

LOL at the doubters who think it won't make five million before the end of the year. Still holding a grudge against the game, I see.

yes its disapointed, and the sad part is some of them hyped the game to no end

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
CGI-Quality said:

3-4 million. It'll sell anywhere from 3.75mill to 4mill.

nice but im thinking 3-5

5m if DEC. goes well!

Not impossible. I only said 3-4 mill because it's one of the choices closest to my prediction. I don't think it'll clear 5 mill by Dec 31, but reaching it could happen if the rest of the holiday provides strong legs.

agreed. it will def be close to 5m, and if the high end of my first wk sells come true (2m low end 3m high end (either way its a statistical v. for me)

As I said before I have a feeling ioi's projection was likely conservative. The fact that it sold 92k first week in Spain (75% of MW2 combined across PS3, 360 and PC) and Sony says that it's trending to triple that by the end of the year would suggest that Rol's prediction is quite likely.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4