By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Much Will GT5 Sell By The End of 2010 ?

How Much Will GT5 Sell By The End of 2010 ?

2.0 - 3.0 Million 19 8.19%

3.0 - 4.0 Million 54 23.28%

4.0 - 5.0 Million 100 43.10%

5.0 - 6.0 Millon 38 16.38%

6.0 - 7.0 Million 21 9.05%

Total:232
Jay520 said:
Seece said:
Jay520 said:
toastboy44562 said:
EyeAmTJ said:

6,000 copies

^^this

LOL is that you Patcher?

Your sig is the most stupid thing I've ever seen on VGChartz, since Wii and PS3 released, Wii has sold more than PS3 and PS2 combined. To make it fit your needs even more, you take it back to when 360 launched :-S

Should be wary of who you're calling Pacter when you make up silly quotes like that.

LOL bro, it's a joke.  

6,000 copies is more silly than my sig.

Eh, they're blatantly joking though, I'm not so sure you are!!

Around the Network

between 4.5 and 5.5 million is my guess in its first 5 weeks on market.  for comparison i have put gt4s sales in brackets

week1---2.4-2.8 million---[2.5million]

week2---1.1 million---[1.0million]

week3---700k---[500k]

week4---350k---[326k]

week5---250k---[231k]

Seece said:
stopstopp said:
Seece said:

Nah, I'm not. 400k is probably the lower limit of what it can get, EMEAA sales will remain strong, so 500k/600k week 2 would be a better fit. 1 mill is just laughable though.

2.5 mill first week

EMEAA - 1.35 mill
Americas - 650k
Japan - 500k

Week 2

EMEAA - 200k/350k
Americas - 150k/200k. Doesn't have the benefit of BF, and this is Americas.
Japan - 100k, hard drop off.

Wait wait wait, did you just really say Americas doesn't have Black Friday? What world are you living on Seece?

Eh? Try actually reading what I say. "Week 2 - doesn't have the benefit of BF"

And why would'nt it? BF would keep sales going strong, and I'm starting to see ads on my tv around here.

Seece said:
Jay520 said:
Seece said:
Jay520 said:
toastboy44562 said:
EyeAmTJ said:

6,000 copies

^^this

LOL is that you Patcher?

Your sig is the most stupid thing I've ever seen on VGChartz, since Wii and PS3 released, Wii has sold more than PS3 and PS2 combined. To make it fit your needs even more, you take it back to when 360 launched :-S

Should be wary of who you're calling Pacter when you make up silly quotes like that.

LOL bro, it's a joke.  

6,000 copies is more silly than my sig.

Eh, they're blatantly joking though, I'm not so sure you are!!

Yeah, I was joking, hence the LOL. Surely you don't think I actually thought he was Michael Patcher. 

And no my sig isn't silly. I just took it back to when this gen launched and added all the consoles sold since then. Nintendo (GC Wii), Xbox (XBOX 360), or Playstation (PS2 PS3). I thought it was interesting and added it to my sig. 

RolStoppable said:

1m for week 2 isn't laughable, it's in the realms of possibility and more likely to happen than 400k. Forza 3 has sold how many copies so far? 3.3m? GT5 will have surpassed this mark within its first two weeks of sales.

Why you bring Forza in this?

Around the Network
stopstopp said:
Seece said:
stopstopp said:
Seece said:

Nah, I'm not. 400k is probably the lower limit of what it can get, EMEAA sales will remain strong, so 500k/600k week 2 would be a better fit. 1 mill is just laughable though.

2.5 mill first week

EMEAA - 1.35 mill
Americas - 650k
Japan - 500k

Week 2

EMEAA - 200k/350k

Wait wait wait, did you just really say Americas doesn't have Black Friday? What world are you living on Seece?

Eh? Try actually reading what I say. "Week 2 - doesn't have the benefit of BF"

And why would'nt it? BF would keep sales going strong, and I'm starting to see ads on my tv around here.

Because salwa salways drop the week after BF. So it not only has the natural week 2 drop, it has a higher week one because of BF. So the drop will be more noticeable.

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:

Something tells me that you aren't taking this serious. I guess you are already busy rethinking your 400k second week prediction after taking a look at the best sales comparison there is, Gran Turismo 5's predecessor.

2.5 mill first week

EMEAA - 1.35 mill
Americas - 650k
Japan - 500k

Week 2

EMEAA - 200k/350k

EMEAA sales will remain strong, but even your best case scenario shows a drop off of roughly 75 % while America, GT5's supposedly weakest region, shows the lowest drop off percentage wise. Your words and numbers don't really match.

1m for week 2 isn't laughable, it's in the realms of possibility and more likely to happen than 400k. Forza 3 has sold how many copies so far? 3.3m? GT5 will have surpassed this mark within its first two weeks of sales.

K, if it does 699k or less, I win, if it does 700k plus, you win.

I really don't care about Forza as a franchise, I don't see what that has to do with anything anyway

Jay520 said:
RolStoppable said:

He's just trying to play 360 fans off PS3 fans, he doesn't actually think GT5 will do 1 million week 2.

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
Jay520 said:
RolStoppable said:

He's just trying to play 360 fans off PS3 fans, he doesn't actually think GT5 will do 1 million week 2.

It's only natural in a sales discussion to compare one game to another, especially within the same genre. And for the record, I wasn't the first person to make a comparison between GT5 and a 360 game in this thread.

Do you want to bet on second week sales? The winner gets control over the loser's avatar for one week. If GT5 sells 700k or less in week 2, you win. 701k or more, then a winner is me.

Sure, only if it's an xmas avatar.

4.5 million by the end of the 2010.

6 million LT, I'm expecting it to have only good (not huge) lags.