By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Much Will GT5 Sell By The End of 2010 ?

How Much Will GT5 Sell By The End of 2010 ?

2.0 - 3.0 Million 19 8.19%

3.0 - 4.0 Million 54 23.28%

4.0 - 5.0 Million 100 43.10%

5.0 - 6.0 Millon 38 16.38%

6.0 - 7.0 Million 21 9.05%

Total:232

6 mill isn't doable if the data we have is correct "First week sales are expected to hit around 2.4 - 2.5 million units" (feel free to feed me MAJOR crow if I'm wrong)

Week 1 - 2.5 mill -
Launching WW, Black Friday.

Week 2 - 400k?

If you look at Halo 3, Reach, MW2 360, Black ops ect, all with massive openings around 4/5 mill, all did around 600k - 800k 2nd week. Now you could say, they had extra days in the market VS GT5, but they didn't launch during BF week, with a huge Japan opening. Which brings me to my 2nd point, sales in Japan drop off VERY hard and fast for the vast majority of games there. So GT5 is going to see a very harsh drop off in week 2.

Beyond that I can't tell how the game will fare over xmas, those figures I posted were rough. But this is mainly in response to people saying 6 mill ...

Around the Network
Seece said:

Nov 30th - 2.5 mill? (think that's what the projections say)
Dec 6th - 400k
Dec 13th - 300k
Dec 20th - 350k
Dec 27th - 350k

Roughly, will just break 4 mill

Why the huge drop off 2nd week.

GT4 did 1mil 2nd week.... I believe.

yeah it did 1mil 2nd week. 

People really shouldn't compare car sims to shooters. different sales patterns

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:

6 mill isn't doable if the data we have is correct "First week sales are expected to hit around 2.4 - 2.5 million units" (feel free to feed me MAJOR crow if I'm wrong)

Week 1 - 2.5 mill -

Week 2 - 400k?

If you look at Halo 3, Reach, MW2 360, Black ops ect, all with massive openings around 4/5 mill, all did around 600k - 800k 2nd week. Now you could say, they had extra days in the market VS GT5, but they didn't launch during BF week, with a huge Japan opening. Which brings me to my 2nd point, sales in Japan drop off VERY hard and fast for the vast majority of games there. So GT5 is going to see a very harsh drop off in week 2.

Beyond that I can't tell how the game will fare over xmas, those figures I posted were rough. But this is mainly in response to people saying 6 mill ...

You should rather look at this and then come up with reasons why GT5 should come in below those numbers despite having the benefit of the holiday season.

So GT5 will sell 1 million week 2?

Seece said:
RolStoppable said:
Seece said:

Week 1 - 2.5 mill -

Week 2 - 400k?

You should rather look at this and then come up with reasons why GT5 should come in below those numbers despite having the benefit of the holiday season.

possibly, but it should do more than your prediction. I think around 800k

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:

Why shouldn't it?

Because it's not made by Nintendo.

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:

Why shouldn't it?

Neither was Gran Turismo 4.

Yah, neither was GTA:SA.

3-4mil I think

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

4-5m. Conservative estimate: 4.5m. Mostly likely more. 

Seece said:
RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:

Why shouldn't it?

Neither was Gran Turismo 4.

Yah, neither was GTA:SA.

GT4 sold 1 million second week without the benefits of holiday, if you think that GT5 won't do a million in its second week than the burden of proof is on you. 

OT- five mil 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype