By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 to improve microsoft sales?!?

zgamer5 said:
toastboy44562 said:

If you think about it, GT5 got 1.8 million people into stores in two days. These are people that most likely wouldn't have been in the stores if it wern't for GT5. Now that there are 2 million more people in the videogame department they will see microsoft games and want to buy kinect etc...

In conclusion, big blockbusters help not only the console it's for but the whole video game industry :)))

why would people who like racing sims be interested in kinect? did kinect help ps3 sales?

kinect isnt groundbreaking and its not something that will please every single audience. so no gt5 wont help ms.

Kinect JoyRide springs to mind. But yeah, dont think its gonna happen.

Around the Network

Ehhh, I'd like to say that it wouldn't. If it were to help anyone, it'd be black ops (gamestop employees: OMG DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE NEW CALL OF DUTY? AMAGAD GET ITTTTT, MODERN WARFARE 3, PREORDER IT, NOW).

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

you forgot to write

"it makes perfect sense"

toastboy44562 said:

If you think about it, GT5 got 1.8 million people into stores in two days. These are people that most likely wouldn't have been in the stores if it wern't for GT5. Now that there are 2 million more people in the videogame department they will see microsoft games and want to buy kinect etc...

In conclusion, big blockbusters help not only the console it's for but the whole video game industry :)))

For instance let's say 1 out of ever 1,000 GT5 buyers would be interested in Kinect but didnt know Kinect existed

that means Kinect sales could have been boosted by 1,800 in GT5's first two days. Now do this with more games..of course it would help ps3 a lot more but you get what I'm saying. Same applies to wii.

It makes perfect sense...duh

If that's the case then wouldn't Nintendo get improved sales and even Sony? 

Ps3 fanboys butthurts all over again.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
toastboy44562 said:

For instance let's say 1 out of ever 1,000 GT5 buyers would be interested in Kinect but didnt know Kinect existed

that means Kinect sales could have been boosted by 1,800 in GT5's first two days. Now do this with more games..of course it would help ps3 a lot more but you get what I'm saying. Same applies to wii.

It makes perfect sense...duh

If that's the case then wouldn't Nintendo get improved sales and even Sony? 

yes. i think i mightve said that

Your analysis seems logical and I believe the same will happen with the Wii U as the PS4/Nextbox launches.

this website gets ridiculous. 

Since we are off topic let me say this....360's & Kinect were flying out stores Friday...Needless to say I seen pyramid high PS3's literally...but that was just one  Best Buy store I went to "No Fanboy"

Adobo said:

Ps3 fanboys butthurts all over again.

Toastboy is a Microsoft fanboy