By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 to improve microsoft sales?!?

zgamer5 said:
toastboy44562 said:
zgamer5 said:
toastboy44562 said:
zgamer5 said:
toastboy44562 said:

If you think about it, GT5 got 1.8 million people into stores in two days. These are people that most likely wouldn't have been in the stores if it wern't for GT5. Now that there are 2 million more people in the videogame department they will see microsoft games and want to buy kinect etc...

In conclusion, big blockbusters help not only the console it's for but the whole video game industry :)))

why would people who like racing sims be interested in kinect? did kinect help ps3 sales?

kinect isnt groundbreaking and its not something that will please every single audience. so no gt5 wont help ms.

People can like more than one genre. I just said kinect because its a popular topic right now...how about forza, pgr4 etc

true, but kinect isnt a genra, its a device for casual gamers for the wii demographic, sim fans arent that. also even if they find kinect fun or cool its not going to justify a purchase of a new console or a 150$ piece of hardware.

Your right kinect is more than one genre

kinect=Sports, Party games, Simulation, Dance, etc

thank you, you proved my kinect point more valid than before

your point doesnt make sense. the ps3 alrady has simulation, party, dance, and sport games.......

also people who buy gt5 will mostly be adults, why should they be interested in kinect. also thery are going to have to buy another console for kinect, so no gt5 isnt going to increase 360 sales just like kinect didnt increase ps3 sales.

they can buy if for their kids/wife? doesnt have to be for them. and a lot of people own both a ps3 and a 360 you know...

Around the Network

GT5 could increase X360/Forza 3 sales just like Gt5 could increase some people interest in more hardcore sims  like Iracing as well. But racing sims like Gt5 and Kinect doesn't have much in common. Even if Forza 4 is used to push Kinect (as required) you going to see a lot of disappointing Forza fans.

P.S In fact some have claimed went out and bought PS3 version of F1 2010 just because X360 has no wheel support as of now since Mircosoft is so focus on Kinect. Fanatec claim they will be releasing a new x360 wheel  soon so it doesn't since it's a total lost.

toastboy44562 said:
zgamer5 said:
toastboy44562 said:
zgamer5 said:
toastboy44562 said:
zgamer5 said:
toastboy44562 said:

If you think about it, GT5 got 1.8 million people into stores in two days. These are people that most likely wouldn't have been in the stores if it wern't for GT5. Now that there are 2 million more people in the videogame department they will see microsoft games and want to buy kinect etc...

In conclusion, big blockbusters help not only the console it's for but the whole video game industry :)))

why would people who like racing sims be interested in kinect? did kinect help ps3 sales?

kinect isnt groundbreaking and its not something that will please every single audience. so no gt5 wont help ms.

People can like more than one genre. I just said kinect because its a popular topic right now...how about forza, pgr4 etc

true, but kinect isnt a genra, its a device for casual gamers for the wii demographic, sim fans arent that. also even if they find kinect fun or cool its not going to justify a purchase of a new console or a 150$ piece of hardware.

Your right kinect is more than one genre

kinect=Sports, Party games, Simulation, Dance, etc

thank you, you proved my kinect point more valid than before

your point doesnt make sense. the ps3 alrady has simulation, party, dance, and sport games.......

also people who buy gt5 will mostly be adults, why should they be interested in kinect. also thery are going to have to buy another console for kinect, so no gt5 isnt going to increase 360 sales just like kinect didnt increase ps3 sales.

they can buy if for their kids/wife? doesnt have to be for them. and a lot of people own both a ps3 and a 360 you know...

yes but why should they buy it for the wife/kids? is it fun? yes all games are fun still not a reason to dish out 150$ or 300$ people arent rich, theyr not like people on this site who buy 2-3 games a month and get collector editions and signature editions.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

am i seeing an adjustment in sales? like, right now, the xbox is at 45.6.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Umm, what?

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

Nahhh. But it might help Forza 3's sales.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

No more than very few copies.  When people go to a store for something expensive (or anything really) they often have blinders on.  So.....yes, I guess, but very little.

Even though Toasty sounds "toasted", I shall defend him.  I didn't want an Xbox 360 in the slightest.  I went to buy a PS3 and couldn't find one.  I was hyped to buy something so I bought the 360.  So in that case, Sony sold a 360.  And now that I think about it, the same thing happened with my PS2/Dreamcast.  So, when you get unbiased customers/money into a store, anything is possible.  Even fairy magic.

Hall of  Shame

Halo boosts PS3 sales confirmed.