By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wikileaks + US diplomacy = biggest "diplomatic" storm ever incoming !

NJ5 said:

http://blogs.forbes.com/andygreenberg/2010/11/29/an-interview-with-wikileaks-julian-assange/

"So do you have very high impact corporate stuff to release then?

Yes, but maybe not as high impact…I mean, it could take down a bank or two."

Is it a U.S. bank?

Yes, it’s a U.S. bank.

One that still exists?
Yes, a big U.S. bank.

The biggest U.S. bank?

No comment.

When will it happen?

Early next year. I won’t say more.

... more at the link

That's awesome! Wikileaks is the best thing that's happened to honest people.

Around the Network
Chairman-Mao said:

Holy shit I'm sick of all this anti-Americanism. I didn't read the whole thing because I don't have time but I'm sure everything is greatly exaggerated considering its the news. I don't believe anything the news says, they're just saying it to get views. 

Anti-Americanism on a thread started from someone not from America AND about Wikileaks? IMPOSSIBLE! UNHEARD OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
NJ5 said:

http://blogs.forbes.com/andygreenberg/2010/11/29/an-interview-with-wikileaks-julian-assange/

"So do you have very high impact corporate stuff to release then?

Yes, but maybe not as high impact…I mean, it could take down a bank or two."

Is it a U.S. bank?

Yes, it’s a U.S. bank.

One that still exists?
Yes, a big U.S. bank.

The biggest U.S. bank?

No comment.

When will it happen?

Early next year. I won’t say more.

... more at the link

holyshit, if true this could completely destroy our already dead western economy ...

Time to Work !

A Bad Clown said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Holy shit I'm sick of all this anti-Americanism. I didn't read the whole thing because I don't have time but I'm sure everything is greatly exaggerated considering its the news. I don't believe anything the news says, they're just saying it to get views. 

Anti-Americanism on a thread started from someone not from America AND about Wikileaks? IMPOSSIBLE! UNHEARD OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

I consider this thread being more anti-occidental governement than anti-american

but, well ...

Time to Work !

shio said:
Chairman-Mao said:

It's not anti-Americanism, it's anti-assholes. The documents released show that the US government are pretty big assholes

Also shows how plenty of other countries follow right along with "asshole" America.  US is not the only asshole country out there.  

Around the Network

So, anything else uncovered?

shio said:
Chairman-Mao said:

It's not anti-Americanism, it's anti-assholes. The documents released show that the US government are pretty big assholes

:) This!

@radiantshadow92 There are a lot of reasons why people 'hate' the US. But, I would call it 'sense of justice'. They haven't only been promoting freedom during the XX centurty.  Is to piss off people when you start invading,  encouraging protest and coups (even before the cold war) and such. Diplomacy from Kissinger, may be a good start, you will see how the Realism is applied as a foreign policy.

@Kasz216 They might not been shocking news. But, its substancial evidence of events that before could be associated to people wearing tin foil hats.

@Chairman-Mao/ A Bad Clown Wikileaks may be quite anti-american. Someone once statted that they sometimes have ignored other big news beacuse they were into the war logs, and that. It doesn't make it less relevant, tho.

I wonder if the rest of the cables contains information as shocking as the war logs.

Soleron said:
Vertigo-X said:
Soleron said:

Nothing is ever quite that simple. I mean, it's like saying if people were acting responsibly there'd be nothing to be afraid of, which is ludicrous.

Trust me when I say that there is a lot of information that is being released. A LOT. However there are only so many de-classifiers to review the documents for release at a single point in time. It is a very careful process and will take much time. The government isn't joking when it says that some of that information that gets leaked is sensitive; to both national security and alliances world-wide.

My political views are along the lines of 'we don't need an army or an intelligence service at all'. So no secrecy would be needed, ever.

If all the diplomacy and so forth disappeared tomorrow I don't think the world would be seriously affected.

That's incredibly naive! We're not magically in the era of non-violence... If our armed forces were to disband tomorrow, there would be utter chaos!

The BuShA owns all!

Just read what President Ahmadinejad said about this wikileaks..., so.., soon you'll learn about this world had become..., maybe most people consider that he's a joke, but please think clearly, don't let your hate take over your mind, then you will realize.., that everything he said is true...

Vertigo-X said:

That's incredibly naive! We're not magically in the era of non-violence... If our armed forces were to disband tomorrow, there would be utter chaos!

No power would risk economic instability by an armed invasion of another, just like with nukes now. Violence in less developed countries would continue the same. Terrorism would continue the same; intelligence didn't help much to mitigate it and the amount of resources spent combating it produced a tiny effect compared to spending that money on road safety or stopping smoking.

Each country would keep a small militia (National Guard like) for civil issues and natural disasters, but they wouldn't operate abroad.

And we'd save a ton of money. All the defence companies could go too.

The major difference would be that we'd probably lose the Falkland Islands to Argentina, and Afghanistan would go back to being lawless. I think it's worth it.