By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wikileaks + US diplomacy = biggest "diplomatic" storm ever incoming !

shio said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
MDMAniac said:
Kasz216 said:

Not getting excited about it honestly.  Just saw note of it and figured it was undisclosed because otherwise, why is it big news?

I'm yet to see any big news from WL. So far pretty much everything I heard was not really surprising, being known before even if public awareness was low for some of those gossips or facts. This is another reason for me to believe this is very good game played by the gov, and not another crap failure.

So, did you look at that Fox News? Was it the same thing or the cable was revealing? Cuz I didn't read it TBH.

Nah, the stuff is still pretty embarrassing.  Since it's stuff "best left unsaid".

It's not anything that "needed to be revealed for integrity!" though.

Wikileaks is kind of a fraud.  It's owner doesn't really care about integrity.  It's owner just wants to make the US look bad. (If the owner did care about integrity, you think he'd go answer some questions about the crimes he's accused of.)

I support WikiLeaks, they maybe of another country but our first amendment rights prevents them from being blacklisted in this country. The USA needs to be shaken up, and probably the entire government redone. Maybe revert the government back to the days of Andrew Jackson where the government was for the people and not for the corporation and tyranny against its people. But of course that would probably mean that everyone in the USA would need to drop their party affiliation and I doubt that will happen, but there are more and more independents registering from the younger generations so things might start swaying in the correct direction so this country end's its police state age and become the country that we know from the history books once again.

And their last leak embarrassed pretty much every major country with the war logs. So it definitely isn't an anti-USA group.

If these were groundbreaking "ha we got you" leaks.

You'd have a point.  This is one step away from them posting a leak from a friend of Obama's who went to summer camp with him when they were ten and found out that Obama wet his bed.

Have they ever even linked anything not related to the US?  The War logs were you know... american wars.  Other countries get embarrsed as collataral damage.

Post the big stuff... sure.  Posting that an ambassador thinks the President of Iran is hitler, or that Sarkozy is overly confident and egotistical...

that's just... dumb.

Stuff like, Saudi Arabi wanting the US to bomb Iran... that's just... stupid.

Huh?! The Saudi Arabian King wanting to destroy Iran is HUGE! It could affect greatly the political environment of the entire middle east. It seems that only you think that it isn't a big deal.

Also, US spying on UN is not only embarassing, but also very damning. And now that there's proof, it will be very interesting to see how everyone will react.

This isn't a small case like the one Wikileaks released about the US soldiers murdering a Reuters journalist and 10 arab civillians.

The Saudia Arbian King didn't want to destroy Iran.  He wanted the US to bomb their nuclear plants.  So do... probably everyone else in the middle east but Iran.

As for it effecting the politcal climate.   Even Iran says it won't effect it.

As for the UN thing... keep telling yourself that.  At most it will spark an attempt to bring a nonbinding resolution to condemn the actions along with, possibly 2 speeches.

If the US didn't do anything when they had proof the whole time it was China sponsored hacking into google and other american buisnesses... what do you expect the UN to do, about things most countries are doing themselves.

Around the Network

Kasz216 for you it is maybe not that big kind of news but it must have been a blow to Ahmadinejad...Who made a statement today that USA made wikileaks and use it to cause trouble in the Middle East while also saying everything goes great between Iran and 'most' Middle East countries...

Kasz216 said:
shio said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
MDMAniac said:
Kasz216 said:

Not getting excited about it honestly.  Just saw note of it and figured it was undisclosed because otherwise, why is it big news?

I'm yet to see any big news from WL. So far pretty much everything I heard was not really surprising, being known before even if public awareness was low for some of those gossips or facts. This is another reason for me to believe this is very good game played by the gov, and not another crap failure.

So, did you look at that Fox News? Was it the same thing or the cable was revealing? Cuz I didn't read it TBH.

Nah, the stuff is still pretty embarrassing.  Since it's stuff "best left unsaid".

Wikileaks is kind of a fraud.  It's owner doesn't really care about integrity.  It's owner just wants to make the US look bad. (If the owner did care about integrity, you think he'd go answer some questions about the crimes he's accused of.)

I support WikiLeaks, they maybe of another country but our first amendment rights prevents them from being blacklisted in this country. The USA needs to be shaken up, and probably the entire government redone. Maybe revert the government back to the days of Andrew Jackson where the government was for the people and not for the corporation and tyranny against its people. But of course that would probably mean that everyone in the USA would need to drop their party affiliation and I doubt that will happen, but there are more and more independents registering from the younger generations so things might start swaying in the correct direction so this country end's its police state age and become the country that we know from the history books once again.

And their last leak embarrassed pretty much every major country with the war logs. So it definitely isn't an anti-USA group.

You'd have a point.  This is one step away from them posting a leak from a friend of Obama's who went to summer camp with him when they were ten and found out that Obama wet his bed.

Have they ever even linked anything not related to the US?  The War logs were you know... american wars.  Other countries get embarrsed as collataral damage.

Post the big stuff... sure.  Posting that an ambassador thinks the President of Iran is hitler, or that Sarkozy is overly confident and egotistical...

that's just... dumb.

Huh?! The Saudi Arabian King wanting to destroy Iran is HUGE! It could affect greatly the political environment of the entire middle east. It seems that only you think that it isn't a big deal.

Also, US spying on UN is not only embarassing, but also very damning. And now that there's proof, it will be very interesting to see how everyone will react.

This isn't a small case like the one Wikileaks released about the US soldiers murdering a Reuters journalist and 10 arab civillians.

The Saudia Arbian King didn't want to destroy Iran.  He wanted the US to bomb their nuclear plants.  So do... probably everyone else in the middle east but Iran.

As for the UN thing... keep telling yourself that.  At most it will spark an attempt to bring a nonbinding resolution to condemn the actions along with, possibly 2 speeches.

If the US didn't do anything when they had proof the whole time it was China sponsored hacking into google and other american buisnesses... what do you expect the UN to do, about things most countries are doing themselves.

The big difference is that diplomats are directly involved in these new leaks. I'm pretty sure Sarkoszy isn't thrilled to have his fingerprints and dna taken by the US, and also being called a "king with no clothes", for example.

Lostplanet22 said:

Kasz216 for you it is maybe not that big kind of news but it must have been a blow to Ahmadinejad...Who made a statement today that USA made wikileaks and use it to cause trouble in the Middle East while also saying everything goes great between Iran and 'most' Middle East countries...

Arabs disliking Persians isn't new unless you were under the naive assumption that Muslim countries in the Middle East are all united in their hatred of the West and Israel.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

shio said:
Kasz216 said:
shio said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
MDMAniac said:
Kasz216 said:

that's just... dumb.

The big difference is that diplomats are directly involved in these new leaks. I'm pretty sure Sarkoszy isn't thrilled to have his fingerprints and dna taken by the US, and also being called a "king with no clothes", for example.

Isn't pleased?  Sure.   Surprised by this?  I doubt it.

Hell, he's probably more mad that the "King with no clothes" comment was made public, then the fact that it was made.

It's actually a fairly apt description of the man.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:

I'm pretty sure he already knew that the rest of the area hated his guts.

Comments being like when a politician is "shocked" that his campaign manager was doing something he wasn't supposed to, or when a coach is "shocked" his players are using PEDs.

Holy shit I'm sick of all this anti-Americanism. I didn't read the whole thing because I don't have time but I'm sure everything is greatly exaggerated considering its the news. I don't believe anything the news says, they're just saying it to get views. 

Kasz216 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

I'm pretty sure he already knew that the rest of the area hated his guts.

Comments being like when a politician is "shocked" that his campaign manager was doing something he wasn't supposed to, or when a coach is "shocked" his players are using PEDs.

Know that you are hated is one thing but 'bomb Iran' is something else;..

Shocking is maybe to extreme but I go with 'if he didn't care or already knew he would not reacted like he did today';.

Chairman-Mao said:

Holy shit I'm sick of all this anti-Americanism. I didn't read the whole thing because I don't have time but I'm sure everything is greatly exaggerated considering its the news. I don't believe anything the news says, they're just saying it to get views. 

It's not anti-Americanism, it's anti-assholes. The documents released show that the US government are pretty big assholes

http://blogs.forbes.com/andygreenberg/2010/11/29/an-interview-with-wikileaks-julian-assange/

"So do you have very high impact corporate stuff to release then?

Yes, but maybe not as high impact…I mean, it could take down a bank or two."

Is it a U.S. bank?

Yes, it’s a U.S. bank.

One that still exists?
Yes, a big U.S. bank.

The biggest U.S. bank?

No comment.

When will it happen?

Early next year. I won’t say more.

... more at the link

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957