By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wikileaks + US diplomacy = biggest "diplomatic" storm ever incoming !

NJ5 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Wikileaks?

Weaksauce-leaks more like.

Spying on/at the UN, the Arabs dislike Iran, North Korea annoys China, the french sell tech to China, China hacks, Russia has links to Russian organised crime.

If I didn't know better I'd think this was a US setup like the Iranians think (and China probably has their suspicions too).

The only real suprise is that the Arabs want to 'bomb, bomb, bomb Iran' more than the US does and that's not a complete shock.

I was hoping to hear about the dodgy deal behind the release of the Libyan mass murderer, instead we hear Gaddafi has a buxom Ukranian nurse that accompanies him everywhere.

Pathetic.

Less than 0.1% of the leaked documents have come out so far.

It'll be interesting to see reactions once more of the docs have been released and sorted through.

Around the Network

Any word when the next batch will come out?

Too bad some paper (like NYT) are saying they will not "leak" informations that could be "dangerous" for country integrity.

Well, if we can still acccess to these docs using wikileaks directly, then all is fine

Time to Work !

shio said:
famousringo said:
Kasz216 said:

Oh and "US diplomats spying on UN Leadership."

Which is what Diplomats do.   Diplomats are spies.

I'm glad somebody pointed this out.

Nobody at the UN is going to be shocked or amazed that their fellow diplomats are trying to sneak as much information as they can out of each other. They may not say it, but they all know it.

In defence of diplomats, their jobs do entail a lot more than just spying, though.

You think that stealing other people's emails, fingerprints, credit card numbers, dna, etc... is normal behaviour?!

Also, you can't justify spying unless you have proof the others are doing too. Should you try to kill someone just because you think other people are doing it too, without any proof?

For a diplomat?  Yes.

There has been connections between UN Relief and Works branch and Hezbollah and Hamas.  They were  collecting that information likely so they could hack various suspected UN members accounts to see who is funneling money and supplies to terrorists.

The whole "Oil for Food" corruption scandel showed that the UN was only behind the Catholic Church in covering up for their own.

MDMAniac said:
Kasz216 said:

Not getting excited about it honestly.  Just saw note of it and figured it was undisclosed because otherwise, why is it big news?

I'm yet to see any big news from WL. So far pretty much everything I heard was not really suprising, being known beofre even if public awareness was low for some of those gossips or facts. This is another reason for me to believe this is very good game played by the gov, and not another crap failure.

So, did you look at that Fox News? Was it the same thing or the cable was revealing? Cuz I didn't read it TBH.

Nah, the stuff is still pretty embarrising.  Since it's stuff "best left unsaid".

It's not anything that "needed to be revealed for integrity!" though.

Wikileaks is kind of a fraud.  It's owner doesn't really care about integrity.  It's owner just wants to make the US look bad. (If the owner did care about integrity, you think he'd go answer some questions about the crimes he's acused of.)

All this has shown so far is... despite being the only Superpower.  The US actually kinda sucks at it.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
MDMAniac said:
Kasz216 said:

Not getting excited about it honestly.  Just saw note of it and figured it was undisclosed because otherwise, why is it big news?

I'm yet to see any big news from WL. So far pretty much everything I heard was not really surprising, being known before even if public awareness was low for some of those gossips or facts. This is another reason for me to believe this is very good game played by the gov, and not another crap failure.

So, did you look at that Fox News? Was it the same thing or the cable was revealing? Cuz I didn't read it TBH.

Nah, the stuff is still pretty embarrassing.  Since it's stuff "best left unsaid".

Wikileaks is kind of a fraud.  It's owner doesn't really care about integrity.  It's owner just wants to make the US look bad. (If the owner did care about integrity, you think he'd go answer some questions about the crimes he's accused of.)

I support WikiLeaks, they maybe of another country but our first amendment rights prevents them from being blacklisted in this country. The USA needs to be shaken up, and probably the entire government redone. Maybe revert the government back to the days of Andrew Jackson where the government was for the people and not for the corporation and tyranny against its people. But of course that would probably mean that everyone in the USA would need to drop their party affiliation and I doubt that will happen, but there are more and more independents registering from the younger generations so things might start swaying in the correct direction so this country end's its police state age and become the country that we know from the history books once again.

And their last leak embarrassed pretty much every major country with the war logs. So it definitely isn't an anti-USA group.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
MDMAniac said:
Kasz216 said:

I'm yet to see any big news from WL. So far pretty much everything I heard was not really surprising, being known before even if public awareness was low for some of those gossips or facts. This is another reason for me to believe this is very good game played by the gov, and not another crap failure.

Nah, the stuff is still pretty embarrassing.  Since it's stuff "best left unsaid".

Wikileaks is kind of a fraud.  It's owner doesn't really care about integrity.  It's owner just wants to make the US look bad. (If the owner did care about integrity, you think he'd go answer some questions about the crimes he's accused of.)

I support WikiLeaks, they maybe of another country but our first amendment rights prevents them from being blacklisted in this country. The USA needs to be shaken up, and probably the entire government redone. Maybe revert the government back to the days of Andrew Jackson where the government was for the people and not for the corporation and tyranny against its people. But of course that would probably mean that everyone in the USA would need to drop their party affiliation and I doubt that will happen, but there are more and more independents registering from the younger generations so things might start swaying in the correct direction so this country end's its police state age and become the country that we know from the history books once again.

And their last leak embarrassed pretty much every major country with the war logs. So it definitely isn't an anti-USA group.

If these were groundbreaking "ha we got you" leaks.

You'd have a point.  This is one step away from them posting a leak from a friend of Obama's who went to summer camp with him when they were ten and found out that Obama wet his bed.

Have they ever even linked anything not related to the US?  The War logs were you know... american wars.  Other countries get embarrsed as collataral damage.

Post the big stuff... sure.  Posting that an ambassador thinks the President of Iran is hitler, or that Sarkozy is overly confident and egotistical...

that's just... dumb.

Stuff like, Saudi Arabi wanting the US to bomb Iran... that's just... stupid.

I think this is great. Unveiling what the public is not meant to know.

Now if Wikileaks has anything on THIS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11860928

Consider me impressed.

Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
MDMAniac said:
Kasz216 said:

If these were groundbreaking "ha we got you" leaks.

You'd have a point.  This is one step away from them posting a leak from a friend of Obama's who went to summer camp with him when they were ten and found out that Obama wet his bed.

Have they ever even linked anything not related to the US?  The War logs were you know... american wars.  Other countries get embarrsed as collataral damage.

Post the big stuff... sure.  Posting that an ambassador thinks the President of Iran is hitler, or that Sarkozy is overly confident and egotistical...

that's just... dumb.

Stuff like, Saudi Arabi wanting the US to bomb Iran... that's just... stupid.

Huh?! The Saudi Arabian King wanting to destroy Iran is HUGE! It could affect greatly the political environment of the entire middle east. It seems that only you think that it isn't a big deal.

Also, US spying on UN is not only embarassing, but also very damning. And now that there's proof, it will be very interesting to see how everyone will react.

This isn't a small case like the one Wikileaks released about the US soldiers murdering a Reuters journalist and 10 arab civillians.