By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wikileaks + US diplomacy = biggest "diplomatic" storm ever incoming !

Oh, and I posted this elsewhere its worth posting here.  It's worth noting this about Assange before liberals blanket support him without caring about not knowing any actual facts in his case.  The guy has more in common with the Tea Party. (some of whom amusingly want to kill him) then the liberals who want to defend him.

You’ve developed a reputation as anti-establishment and anti-institution. Not at all. Creating a well-run establishment is a difficult thing to do, and I’ve been in countries where institutions are in a state of collapse, so I understand the difficulty of running a company. Institutions don’t come from nowhere. It’s not correct to put me in any one philosophical or economic camp, because I’ve learned from many. But one is American libertarianism, market libertarianism. So as far as markets are concerned I’m a libertarian, but I have enough expertise in politics and history to understand that a free market ends up as monopoly unless you force them to be free. WikiLeaks is designed to make capitalism more free and ethical.

http://www.libertarianstandard.com/2010/12/02/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-influenced-by-libertarianism/

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

The guy has more in common with the Tea Party. (some of whom amusingly want to kill him) then the liberals who want to defend him.

Aren't you mixing up two different "factions" of the Tea Party here? Seems to me that there's a libertarian faction (which I believe is how the movement started), but later it got co-opted by conservative Guns & God crowd such as Sarah Palin. The latter are probably the ones who want to kill him...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Kasz216 said:

The guy has more in common with the Tea Party. (some of whom amusingly want to kill him) then the liberals who want to defend him.

Aren't you mixing up two different "factions" of the Tea Party here? Seems to me that there's a libertarian faction (which I believe is how the movement started), but later it got co-opted by conservative Guns & God crowd such as Sarah Palin. The latter are probably the ones who want to kill him...

Yeah.  Though some of the former can get convinced by some of the latter and vice versa.  Even some Libretarians think we should try Assange.

Which really, the US shouldn't UNLESS they can prove Assange taught him how to hack for the purpose of hacking in their.

Which, considering the hacker was in the US intellegence... I imagine he already knwe how to do it.