By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wikileaks + US diplomacy = biggest "diplomatic" storm ever incoming !

Kasz216 said:

Oh, and I'm also angry at the guy for having "Information that's too damaging that will change world history!" that he's using as insurance.

I mean, that's EXACTLY the kind of shit that should be leaked first if you really have it!

Or maybe it's the kind of stuff that needs to be handled more carefully? It depends on what it means. For example if it's a list of American agents in Iran it either shouldn't be released or it should be released with every single name blacked out (which would just show how many of them there are).

So far with this latest bunch of cables they have been careful not to directly endanger lives.

Around the Network
Rath said:
Kasz216 said:

Oh, and I'm also angry at the guy for having "Information that's too damaging that will change world history!" that he's using as insurance.

I mean, that's EXACTLY the kind of shit that should be leaked first if you really have it!

Or maybe it's the kind of stuff that needs to be handled more carefully? It depends on what it means. For example if it's a list of American agents in Iran it either shouldn't be released or it should be released with every single name blacked out (which would just show how many of them there are).

So far with this latest bunch of cables they have been careful not to directly endanger lives.

That doesn't sound like "information that would change world history" to me.  To me a statement like that sounds like their is supposed to be some werid conspiracy theory that's true... like 9/11 was an inside job, FDR let pearl harbour happen, Clinton was compliant in a genocide or Russia and the USSA were always on good terms and it was all a show so borth orgizinations could gain more power.

Besiides, Wikileaks is a huge orginization... it shouldn't take that long to censor.

Kasz216 said:
Rath said:
Kasz216 said:

That doesn't sound like "information that would change world history" to me.  To me a statement like that sounds like their is supposed to be some werid conspiracy theory that's true... like 9/11 was an inside job, FDR let pearl harbour happen, Clinton was compliant in a genocide or Russia and the USSA were always on good terms and it was all a show so borth orgizinations could gain more power.

Besiides, Wikileaks is a huge orginization... it shouldn't take that long to censor.

Well I was just assuming it was mostly hyperbole. To be fair the leak itself has change world history, much more so than anything actually in the leaks so far.

Here is just a funny Wikileaks thing that makes me wish Stof was still around.

Michael Moore's "Sicko" was banned from... Cuba.

"because it painted such a "mythically" favourable picture of Cuba's healthcare system that the authorities feared it could lead to a "popular backlash""

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/17/wikileaks-cuba-banned-sicko

Michael Moore's films are so bad that even the people who are honored by them don't want anything to do with them.

"But the memo reveals that when the film was shown to a group of Cuban doctors, some became so "disturbed at the blatant misrepresentation of healthcare in Cuba that they left the room"."

Oooh, and an interseting one that shows Cuba and the US oddly working together

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/12/16/wikileaks.smuggling/

Also... countries stop pressing Cuba over human rights violations for economic favors.... including, Canada, Australia....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/17/wikileaks-cuba-human-rights

You know... ambassador's cables read a lot like angry forum posts.  I always thought they weer a lot more proffesional.

Around the Network

I've only watched half of this yet but it's definitely worth a watch: (ok forget the last half)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

I've only watched half of this yet but it's definitely worth a watch: (ok forget the last half)

Amazing.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

There¿s a couple interesting videos relating to wikileaks, gonna post them on the next page.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies