By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 SALES Prediction DISCUSSION Thread - Discuss Sales Predictions & Sales!

heruamon said:
johnglen said:
Fufinu said:

Some people here will be eating crow.

Agreed. The vast majority of people (46/69) predicted higher first week sales.

LOL...

It's actually 29/69...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
heruamon said:
johnglen said:
Fufinu said:

LOL...

What's really funny about this it isn't true. We've got just two days of sales, two. Most thought it would do 2 mill or so first week. It nearly cleared that in just two days, and will easily clear it for the week.

So no matter how he chooses to downsize what GT5 has done here, or spin the bottom line, it's in line with/will smash most predictions.

Seriously? Did you even bother checking for yourself rather than going with "most thought it would do 2 mill"? You have the numbers on the front page. It did 2.4m (VGC estimate of course, it may have done more or less, you can't say anything about that just yet, and it's best to follow the only lead we have) even though 46/69 people thought it would do more than that. Sure, the game is selling well. No doubt. It is most definitely not in line with or smashing most predictions.

EDIT - Boutros, were you looking at the same list as me? I counted out 47 actually. I even wrote down the names to double check.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Boutros said:
heruamon said:
johnglen said:
Fufinu said:

LOL...

It's actually 29/69...

LOL...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Immortal said:
CGI-Quality said:
heruamon said:
johnglen said:
Fufinu said:

LOL...

What's really funny about this it isn't true. We've got just two days of sales, two. Most thought it would do 2 mill or so first week. It nearly cleared that in just two days, and will easily clear it for the week.

So no matter how he chooses to downsize what GT5 has done here, or spin the bottom line, it's in line with/will smash most predictions.

Seriously? Did you even bother checking for yourself rather than going with "most thought it would do 2 mill"? You have the numbers on the front page. It did 2.4m (VGC estimate of course, it may have done more or less, you can't say anything about that just yet, and it's best to follow the only lead we have) even though 46/69 people thought it would do more than that. Sure, the game is selling well. No doubt. It is most definitely not in line with or smashing most predictions.

EDIT - Boutros, were you looking at the same list as me? I counted out 47 actually. I even wrote down the names to double check.

There's a 10% margin of error that you have to take into consideration.

So since ioi predicted a max of 2.5 million FW, it means that everybody who has a prediction of 2.75 million or lower are okay.

CGI-Quality said:
Immortal said:
CGI-Quality said:
heruamon said:
johnglen said:
Fufinu said:

LOL...

This thread wasn't really what I meant, if you actually paid attention (most THOUGHT - implying previous).

Not to mention, the 1.8 mill is not a week, but two days.

How exactly do you know how much people thought it did? Are you a mind reader or something? Besides, the original post was feeding crow to 47/69 people who overpredicted it in this thread, not what the people generally thought. Why did you attack that when what he was completely right?

Oh, and you really shouldn't tell me to read your post carefully when you didn't read mine; I mentioned the VGC prediction for the week, 2.4m, not 1.8m.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network

Do you guys want me to highlight names in red in the OP as GT5 surpasses their predictions?

And perhaps green for whoever has the closest prediction?

both of the above just for the Week 1 predictions table...

Boutros said:
Immortal said:
CGI-Quality said:
heruamon said:
johnglen said:
Fufinu said:

LOL...

There's a 10% margin of error that you have to take into consideration.

So since ioi predicted a max of 2.5 million FW, it means that everybody who has a prediction of 2.75 million or lower are okay.

Eh, isn't that stretching it a little bit? Taking the higher point and using the 10% margin of error to make it even higher? It could also be 2.16m in that regard. Something like 2.45m would probably be better then. This would still probably give us more people overpredicting than underpredicting.

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Do you guys want me to highlight names in red in the OP as GT5 surpasses their predictions?

You should, as we now see people grasping at straws to push an issue that people's predicitions "overestimated" the game somehow.

We don't even have a full week's numbers yet, and already the claim is being made in absolute.

lol we don't have full week numbers but I think I can highlight the people who predicted less than 2 million in red already

CGI-Quality said:
Immortal said:
CGI-Quality said:
Immortal said:
CGI-Quality said:
heruamon said:
johnglen said:
Fufinu said:

LOL...

This thread wasn't really what I meant, if you actually paid attention (most THOUGHT - implying previous).

Not to mention, the 1.8 mill is not a week, but two days.

How exactly do you know how much people thought it did? Are you a mind reader or something? Besides, the original post was feeding crow to 47/69 people who overpredicted it in this thread, not what the people generally thought. Why did you attack that when what he was completely right?

Oh, and you really shouldn't tell me to read your post carefully when you didn't read mine; I mentioned the VGC prediction for the week, 2.4m, not 1.8m.

Where did I say you said it was a week? It's a clarification (as it fits my point). I think you really should pay careful attention, as that's twice now.

Also, you don't have to be a mind reader to listen to the general consensus of the site. Most thought it would do around 2 million, a tad higher/tad lower. That's what "2 mill or so" means.

Since I don't recall seeing you in many GT5 threads, I do think you have much of an understanding of the predictions.

Fair enough. I haven't actually posted on here, but I've been lurking and I do agree that the general consensus was 2m or so. I do wonder why you were randomly clarifying that the 1.8m figure was for two days if you didn't think I was mistaken, though that's besides the point.

Anyway, can you answer this time why you attacked the post that claimed that crow should be served to the majority of predictions in the thread? It had nothing to do with what people generally thought, just the most of the predictions in this thread.

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:

You should, as we now see people grasping at straws to push an issue that people's predicitions "overestimated" the game somehow.

We don't even have a full week's numbers yet, and already the claim is being made in absolute.

lol we don't have full week numbers but I think I can highlight the people who predicted less than 2 million in red already

Btw, darth, you still haven't changed my JP prediction to 500,000.

I'm a lazy dog....will do so today...and I'll highlight at least one predictions as red already!