By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 SALES Prediction DISCUSSION Thread - Discuss Sales Predictions & Sales!

Immortal said:
VXIII said:

FW is below my expectation if true

I'll just wait for now ... , when is the end of the 4th quarter , anyone ?

Q4 results I'm guessing will be out at end of January, much like Q3 came out at end of October. Don't get your hopes up, though, if GT5 had done much more, Sony would've said something about it.

On topic, I think that it's fair to say now that GT5 opened considerably under expectations (though some haters still underpredicted it, xD). 8m lifetime is still probable, 9m is possible, but 10m? I just can't see it.

10 million is still possible with bundling and strong legs

We'll get an indication of GT5's legs in February next year.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

So how did you all do?

EMEAA Sales are for GT5 are 1.17 Million....in week 1

As a site we predicted 1.32 Million as the average!

I got 1.35 so I'm meh...not too bad.

The people who were closest were.... Boutros, Hiko, VXIII, Acevil, oldschoolfool, zgamer, kopstudent & tombi123

Congrats to those 8!!

Where is the love Darth?  You just going to ignore me?  Nevermind the fact that I have the closest regional breakdown out of everybody on that list and had the exact same emeaa prediction as these people.  

Out of everybody's predictions, mine were closest to being right on (even if I'm barely off on FW total 2 vs 2.1)

But thats all right, just ignore my predictions.

darthdevidem01 said:
Immortal said:
VXIII said:

FW is below my expectation if true

I'll just wait for now ... , when is the end of the 4th quarter , anyone ?

Q4 results I'm guessing will be out at end of January, much like Q3 came out at end of October. Don't get your hopes up, though, if GT5 had done much more, Sony would've said something about it.

On topic, I think that it's fair to say now that GT5 opened considerably under expectations (though some haters still underpredicted it, xD). 8m lifetime is still probable, 9m is possible, but 10m? I just can't see it.

10 million is still possible with bundling and strong legs

We'll get an indication of GT5's legs in February next year.

It's possible, but unlikely. I mean, all past GTs had huge bundling too, and with consoles that sold much better. GT5 is the kind of game that people who already have a PS3 buy and also the kind of game that new owners will buy and lifetime sales of the PS3 are therefore a very important factor to consider.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

gergroy said:
darthdevidem01 said:

So how did you all do?

EMEAA Sales are for GT5 are 1.17 Million....in week 1

As a site we predicted 1.32 Million as the average!

I got 1.35 so I'm meh...not too bad.

The people who were closest were.... Boutros, Hiko, VXIII, Acevil, oldschoolfool, zgamer, kopstudent & tombi123

Congrats to those 8!!

Where is the love Darth?  You just going to ignore me?  Nevermind the fact that I have the closest regional breakdown out of everybody on that list and had the exact same emeaa prediction as these people.  

Out of everybody's predictions, mine were closest to being right on (even if I'm barely off on FW total 2 vs 2.1)

But thats all right, just ignore my predictions.

OMG SORRY

I just read through the list and saw you should've been mentioned in the EMEAA awards ceremony!!!!!

I didn't ignore you or anything lol

You can have a special prize

A puppy!

@People with LTD PRedictions BELOW 6 Million

Around the Network

LOL

So, as a community, we got the FW spot on. hell yeah!

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

My first week prediction sucks but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not too far off on lifetime.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4