By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP!! 20 November 2010!!!!!!

Its funny that people still underestimate the Wii, we go through this every year, with Wii sales skyrocketing in the holidays and yet people still seem surprised

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
ethomaz said:
Carl2291 said:

Am I the only person finding these numbers confusing?

No, me too.

Well, you have to remember 2 important things.  First, the holiday boost will always swing in Wii's favor, as it is not only the cheapest console, but it also appeals more to children (the group people mostly shop for during the holidays).  And second, this is the time of the year sales are harder to estimate, as things just go a little crazy.  There are almost always adjustments shortly after the holidays settle back to normal trends.  Personally, I think VGC maybe overestimating the boost for the Wii, while underestimating the boost for the PS3 and 360.I

Agree with this for the most part and it makes senses, but as I posted previously GCN although the family friendly console did not boost more during holidays then its competitors except when it dropped to a $50 right before the holdays to $99 while PS2 and Xbox stayed at $179.99.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
thismeintiel said:
ethomaz said:
Carl2291 said:

Am I the only person finding these numbers confusing?

No, me too.

Well, you have to remember 2 important things.  First, the holiday boost will always swing in Wii's favor, as it is not only the cheapest console, but it also appeals more to children (the group people mostly shop for during the holidays).  And second, this is the time of the year sales are harder to estimate, as things just go a little crazy.  There are almost always adjustments shortly after the holidays settle back to normal trends.  Personally, I think VGC maybe overestimating the boost for the Wii, while underestimating the boost for the PS3 and 360.I

Agree with this for the most part and it makes senses, but as I posted previously GCN although the family friendly console did not boost more during holidays then its competitors except when it dropped to a $50 right before the holdays to $99 while PS2 and Xbox stayed at $179.99.

GCN was never the market leader

axt113 said:

Its funny that people still underestimate the Wii, we go through this every year, with Wii sales skyrocketing in the holidays and yet people still seem surprised

Maybe they just deny the reality.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wii is going to be huge for black friday and the weekend. We should see some numbers hopefully before the end of the week. Its great hearing everyone complain about about the sales for the wii are too high. Wow. Nintendo has some great bundles for the right price and value and people are eating it up. Lets see what happens, but i think this holiday is going to be big for the wii. Maybe not as big as it was last year, but who knows. Its still going to be good.

Around the Network

Wii is back at #1 and here to stay! I expect Wii to be #1 for the rest of 2010 despite GT5 debut next week. Black Friday week is huge in America and lets face it PS3 isn't very strong in America and while GT5 debuts in next weeks numbers so does Micheal Jackson and Donkey Kong in America which should make the gap even bigger. I expect Wii>PS3 gap in America to be larger than the PS3>Wii gap in Others and Japan combined next week.

uDraw Studio sold 68K in its 1st week and looks to be the Wii's next big hit!(Think Just Dance) Just Dance sold 7K in America its first week and now sold over 2 Million in America alone within 1 year. uDraw will have major legs and should sell very well in America this Holiday and beyond. Also, could uDraw Studio outsell Sports Champions in America lifetime? uDraw Studio opened with 68K while Sports Champions opened with 69K and Wii games tend to sell longer than PS3 games.

Anyway, Update: Holiday 2010 sales so far...5 weeks in and halfway done with 5 weeks remaining.

#3: PS3__1 Million 552K(1.552 Million)

#2: 360__1 Million 599K(1.599 Million)

#1: Wii__1 Million 768K(1.768 Million)

Wii increases gap this week and should continue to increase as Holiday's go on! With GT5 next week could PS3 surpass 360 in Holiday sales next week?

GianCarmen said:

Wii is going to be huge for black friday and the weekend. We should see some numbers hopefully before the end of the week. Its great hearing everyone complain about about the sales for the wii are too high. Wow. Nintendo has some great bundles for the right price and value and people are eating it up. Lets see what happens, but i think this holiday is going to be big for the wii. Maybe not as big as it was last year, but who knows. Its still going to be good.

Wii will probably top WW next week, it might get beat in one or two markets, due to the GT5 release, but will probably win WW on the basis of black friday

Pavolink said:

Its ok. But IMO, if you can put your bet below the picture will be fine :D

Oh, and:

DS/Wii > XBOX360/PS3/PSP :D

No, I don't like lenghty sigs, thats why I asked if mine was too big before fixing it right after.

Also, no Red Steel 2 inside the top 200 :C

Also this proves that Kinect and Move were never a threat to Wii

Wii on par to win christmas easily, no shock there.