By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 set new first day record in Finland.

ethomaz said:
darthdevidem01 said:
A203D said:
darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:

GT games are not about records for first day, week, these games usually have long legs and sell well in every territories.

This makes GT5 sales potential sound even better.

Yeah i know what you mean, but i'm a bit worried, whether the negative press etc, might cut the legs. i planning to pick it up in a few months when i can devote more time to it. but i hope GT5 can do it.

PS. i see you and other fans were a bit upset with igns review.

imo i dont know how they could review the game or so many people compare it to Froza and Need for Speed, when they dont take into account the 3D component or the head tracking on PSEye.

I dunno if negative press could cut legs....it always could.

But it will be hard to tell because the expectations for this title in terms of sales are really all over the place...in the GT5 Sales PRediction thread (I'll be making the discussion thread for it tomorrow so you'll see everyone predictions there).....we have one prediction saying 5 MILLION LTD....one saying 14 MILLION LTD

Thats a range of 9 Million between peoples sales expectations for it......so it will be so hard to tell if negative press ever hurt the game because no-one is quite sure exactly where it should end up....SONY haven't really given any expectations either.

I was only a bit upset towards the IGN review because they say its the "best racing sim" but then give it 8.5 because the menu's were bad and other BS.....thats silly.

Sony expectations shouldn't be so big because the online servers crashed in the first day because they didn't expected so many gamers online.

Didn't they also say there were gonna be 7 milion copies shipped day one?

Around the Network

Fins love their racing, tiny nation yet so many great drivers from there. 

Im sure there is plenty GT5 rallying going on in Finlandia!

Slimebeast said:

20K in Finland, a tiny country, should translate to well over 1 million in Europe first day.

How was GT5 expected to sell 1st week in Europe (before the reviews came out)?

Double that, using grade school math and population sizes nothing more shows.

Eu sales - 2 million

Europe - 2.76 million

TheFogOfWar said:
Slimebeast said:

20K in Finland, a tiny country, should translate to well over 1 million in Europe first day.

Eu sales - 2 million

Europe - 2.76 million

I'd like to know what you consider the difference between 'Eu' and 'Europe'? EU? Anyway, I doubt it's that simple.

Zkuq said:
TheFogOfWar said:
Slimebeast said:

Eu sales - 2 million

Europe - 2.76 million

I'd like to know what you consider the difference between 'Eu' and 'Europe'? EU? Anyway, I doubt it's that simple.

Eu has a population of 500 million.  Europe as a whole has 731.

Sure these is wealth differences between nations gaming popularity and for example UK population sure while smaller then Germany of France is responsible for higher game sales.  But Finalnd sales and pop with a little math show those numbers, far from scientific but should give a general sense of what first day sales could/might/should look like there. 

Around the Network

yeh i havent seen any ads too? this worries me BIg time. 

also im sorry but first week WW GT5...- 2.6 MAX

Lifetime 6mil

just a prediction 

Pretty impressive. I'm sure GT5 is going to have quite a holiday!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Now awaiting VGC numbers!!!! should be massive!

BTW will VGC be tracking those early copies sold in France and such?