By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SO4 = Best selling SO in WEST & 2nd PS360 JRPG to sell over 1 MILLION!!!!

SO4 = Best selling SO in WEST & 2nd PS360 JRPG to sell over 1 MILLION!!!!

Well deserved!! 49 52.13%

NO the game sucked! 18 19.15%

Lies!! People on forums s... 10 10.64%

Kay kay kay kay kay {explodes} 17 18.09%

Total:94
Bruno Muñoz said:

It's a terrible game, even worst than White Knight Chronicles. Feel free to disagree but for me tri-Ace is a shitty developer despite some good to decent games in the past and the average End of Eternity.

Fortunately the hope in the genre isn't lost yet since Xenoblade (already released in Japan), The Last Story, Ninonuki and Final Fantasy Versus XIII are coming next year.

Yeah i didnt like End of Eternity, wasnt a good game imo, neither war Star Ocean til the end of time, then again neither was FF13. so i have little faith that Versus will deliver at the moment. but i think that the Last Story and Ninonuki have a chance to reignite the JPRG genre!!

Around the Network

Just started it two days ago. Got it for PS3 with price of 25€. So far it has been decent (at least for its price). Thank god that PS3 version has japan VA though. English VA is beyond horrible in this game. 'kay ?

Shadowblind said:

I liked it a lot when I first played it.

And then I replayed Tales of Vesperia.

Took SO4 back to Gamestop the next day, 'kay.

That's because Tales of Vesperia is the best game on the 360 =3 

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Shadowblind said:

I liked it a lot when I first played it.

And then I replayed Tales of Vesperia.

Took SO4 back to Gamestop the next day, 'kay.

That's because Tales of Vesperia is the best game on the 360 =3 

Best post in this thread. And possibly this site.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Xxain said:

I am Proud that tri-Ace can produce a Million Selling JRPG that isnt DQ,FF, or Pokemon.

Gawd I love this company! and I await there next masterpiece on there new upgraded ASKA engine.

Go tri-Ace Go!

Tri-Ace is my 2nd fav developer! Can't wait for their next game. Hopefully it is another S0!

Around the Network
axumblade said:

Also....

Last Remnant is at the .64 sales on the 360. It's possible that The Last Remnant coud have made up the difference on the PS3 but the game was cancelled.

One sec. I'm sure Shio has proof that the PC version sold a couple million. let me go get him!

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

This thread is the perfect example of what many JRPG fans have become.....cynical, bitter, annoying and unappreciative gamers who see themselves are royalty. Oh and then they use a new upcoming JRPG as a beacon of hope....when that doesn't turn into what they hope for the cycle will start again.

How a thread of great SO4 sales turned into this mess I do not know, why did it though? Does it sting you a game inferior to your favourite JRPG is selling well? Why do you feel the need to insult SO4 and other JRPG's while your at it?

Know this, you people have brought upon the so called perceived "doom" of your own genre......yes I will call it perceived as JRPG's face no "doom"......sales figures show this.

Thank heavens for posters like Wagram, robottechheaven, Mad55, Xen, Huaxiong and Xxain.

Feel free to complain about the current state of JRPG's....but don't do it in a thread where we are celebrating the success of one, something which we don't get to do often this gen for a JRPG.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

thats amazing considering this game was so horrible. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Zlejedi said:

It could have gotten much higher if they didn't criple PS3 version sales by releasing it one year later.

And honestly when i look at sales of JRPG this gen it's a sad how imcompetent companies can be.

ToV - cripled sales by lack of PS3 version in West. It would outsold SO4 easily.

Eternal Sonata - again huge delays of PS3 version

WKC - Sony dropped the ball on it totally - they could have gotten it as first big JRPG on PS3 which was rpg starved at that time but due to delay it released in time frame close to FFXIII and End of Eternity

End of Eternity itself - who was the genius who released it so close to FFXIII ?

SEGA, the eternal genius behind the Saturn, Comix Zone, and countless Sonic suicides... you can't really expect anything else from them...

OT: Well deserved, I'd say. It's NOT the best SO, but it's great regardless...

darthdevidem01 said:

This thread is the perfect example of what many JRPG fans have become.....cynical, bitter, annoying and unappreciative gamers who see themselves are royalty. Oh and then they use a new upcoming JRPG as a beacon of hope....when that doesn't turn into what they hope for the cycle will start again.

How a thread of great SO4 sales turned into this mess I do not know, why did it though? Does it sting you a game inferior to your favourite JRPG is selling well? Why do you feel the need to insult SO4 and other JRPG's while your at it?

Know this, you people have brought upon the so called perceived "doom" of your own genre......yes I will call it perceived as JRPG's face no "doom"......sales figures show this.

Thank heavens for posters like Wagram, robottechheaven, Mad55 and Xxain.

Feel free to complain about the current state of JRPG's....but don't do it in a thread where we are celebrating the success of one, something which we don't get to do often this gen for a JRPG.

...that's an unconventional post coming from you... since when are you serious and uncapped? Ah. and thank heavens for me!

MrBubbles said:

thats amazing considering this game was so horrible. 

I don't think so. I thought it was really good.