By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

Indeed. Almost there guys... almost there!

I'm actually going through HeartGold right now so that I can get Kyogre, and then trade it to my SoulSilver to get Rayquaza. Go Smeags go!

Around the Network

Got the game today, GAME released it earlier

I'm on Accumula town so far, visiting the first Pokecenter. Massive overhaul for them, it really is an one-in-all now. I was going to pick Snivy as my starter, but I decided for Oshawott, since his last evolution is epic. 

I'm loving the new battle animations, everything has a more lively feeling to it. Curious to see the Triple and Rotation battles in the future.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Smeags said:

Indeed. Almost there guys... almost there!

I'm actually going through HeartGold right now so that I can get Kyogre, and then trade it to my SoulSilver to get Rayquaza. Go Smeags go!

You too? XD 

I bought HG for 10€ a couple of weeks ago, and I'm on Mt.Silver going for Red now. Probably will do it this weekend, but it will be hard to leave White now

Edit: Lucked out with Lillipup and got her Pick-up Ability. Free Repels and Potions ftw xD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

You too? XD 

I bought HG for 10€ a couple of weeks ago, and I'm on Mt.Silver going for Red now. Probably will do it this weekend, but it will be hard to leave White now

Uuuugh! So jealous right now! Dang... I'm going to have to wait 'til Sunday to get it here in the States.

Nice choice on Revolver Oshawott by the way. I just thing his second evoltuion Dewott is so awesome looking.

Keep us updated, this thread is in need of some life support. XD

Smeags said:
lestatdark said:

You too? XD 

Uuuugh! So jealous right now! Dang... I'm going to have to wait 'til Sunday to get it here in the States.

Nice choice on Revolver Oshawott by the way. I just thing his second evoltuion Dewott is so awesome looking.

Keep us updated, this thread is in need of some life support. XD

Will do  

Yeah, Oshawott evolutions really look awesome. I was totally sold on him when I saw Dewott on the anime XD. Either way, since I'm also getting Black next week, I'll end up with the three starters, even if I leave Snivy and Tepig on the PC box. 

Current PC Build

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

Will do  

Yeah, Oshawott evolutions really look awesome. I was totally sold on him when I saw Dewott on the anime XD. Either way, since I'm also getting Black next week, I'll end up with the three starters, even if I leave Snivy and Tepig on the PC box. 

So I know you're not that far into it yet, but how "new" does it feel to you? I mean, does the game have that freshness to it?

Smeags said:
lestatdark said:

Will do  

So I know you're not that far into it yet, but how "new" does it feel to you? I mean, does the game have that freshness to it?

It does have quite some amount of freshness to it. The battle system feels like a total overhaul, and the overall ambient of the game feels different. Maybe because it's inspired on a different setting than Japan regions, but it looks much more "modern".

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

It does have quite some amount of freshness to it. The battle system feels like a total overhaul, and the overall ambient of the game feels different. Maybe because it's inspired on a different setting than Japan regions, but it looks much more "modern".

Awesome. I can't wait to join the fun.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, could you please post your Friend Code and game name whenever you have the chance. I'll try to put them all together so that we can all trade and battle and other stuff. ^_~

Smeags said:
lestatdark said:

Awesome. I can't wait to join the fun.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, could you please post your Friend Code and game name whenever you have the chance. I'll try to put them all together so that we can all trade and battle and other stuff. ^_~

Will do, but I don't know when I'll find the Pal Pad in White

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

Will do, but I don't know when I'll find the Pal Pad in White

Oh, good luck with that.

Well, I'm outta here for now (messed around with the OT a bit), gotta go beat the Kanto gym leaders.