By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

I swear sometimes this game is so infuriating. One, the various Wings and Protein and its ilk seem to do absolutely nothing, what the hell are they raising that i can't see it, or is my copy just broken? Second is Tynamo, which given how weak it is should be getting more EXP from Pokemon its having trouble killing, even if they are 10 levels lower, and there are no fucking water or flying Pokemon anywhere near me or worth the time or bother to kill, just steel, grass, rock, ground, normal, and electric

It's going to take me two in-game hours to get this stupid thing up three levels

Okay, to add to this rant, i need this explained to me...

Eelektrik learns the following moves at the levels specified:

Lv. Move Type Cat. Power Acc.
1 Charge Beam Electric Special 50 90
1 Headbutt Normal Physical 70 100
1 Spark Electric Physical 65 100
1 Thunder Wave Electric Status - 100
9 Bind Normal Physical 15 85
19 Acid Poison Special 40 100
29 Discharge Electric Special 80 100
39 Crunch Dark Physical 80 100
44 Thunderbolt Electric Special 95 100
49 Acid Spray Poison Special 40 100
54 Coil Poison Status - -
59 Wild Charge Electric Physical 90 100
64 Gastro Acid Poison Status - 100
69 Zap Cannon Electric Special 120 50
74 Thrash Normal Physical 120 100

How the hell can it learn Discharge when Tynamo doesn't evolve into Elektrik until 39? Am i just screwed and won't see another worthwhile move until 44?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

How the hell can it learn Discharge when Tynamo doesn't evolve into Elektrik until 39? Am i just screwed and won't see another worthwhile move until 44?

What I did with mine was to give it an EXP Egg until it evolved.

Galaki said:
Mr Khan said:

Might not be a bad idea. That, Audino training, and the one rare candy i have could make this quicker.

So does it learn Discharge when it evolves, or does that attack ever appear?

Mr Khan said:
Galaki said:
Mr Khan said:

Might not be a bad idea. That, Audino training, and the one rare candy i have could make this quicker.

I gave mine Crunch, Brick Break, Spark and Volt switch. Has enough to kill most things not Dragon or massive HP.

Galaki said:
Mr Khan said:
Galaki said:
Mr Khan said:

I gave mine Crunch, Brick Break, Spark and Volt switch. Has enough to kill most things not Dragon or massive HP.

The problem is i'm trying to use mine to take on Skyla, and i'd rather not have to get it all the way up to 39 just for that, though her Swanna is 4x weak to electric and i could take out her Sigilyph with my Krokorok, then use my Pignite's Rollout on the first...

hmm...

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Galaki said:
Mr Khan said:

That moveset is the base moveset for that pokemon, if you would caught him at level 1 on the wild. Since that can only be done via hacking, the only way to get those moves that are before the evolution level, is to use Heart Scales to make them re-learn that move.

I wouldn't worry much with Skyla, since you've already have Rollout (I would prefer to use Rock Tomb or Rock Slide, but that's just me), and after you defeated Skyla, you'll earn the Surf HM from which you can explore Routes 17, 18 and the P2 Laboratory and gain the Thunderbolt TM so you can have a worthwhile Electric move for your Tynamo/Eelektrik before level 44 (I'm not fond of Volt Switch that much, I'd rather use Wild Charge as a offensive physical electric move).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Volt Switch can annoy the hell out of you the same way gym leader did :)

Galaki said:

Volt Switch can annoy the hell out of you the same way gym leader did :)

If you've got a team that can use it properly, then yeah, but if you're stuck with just one member with effective moves against the team you're fighting, then it would be a wasted move, since you'll be forced to switch that pokemon out. 

A good use for Volt Switch would be, for example, an Electivire&Eelektross combo. Using Volt Switch with Electivire and switching to Eelektross would annoy anyone who would try to use Ground moves against your electric team and would be a PP waster combo for the opposing team.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Lestat...

What are the 7 Pokemon that you're missing?

Carl2291 said:

Lestat...

What are the 7 Pokemon that you're missing?

Some of the gen IV evolutions and the 3 gen V legendaries that will come out in the future (Melotta, Keldeo and Genesect). 

Current PC Build