By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

How the hell you catch Tornadus?

I've false swiped, paralized, slowed and weakened it. Even tried to make it sleep but it couldn't.

Been using Ultra Balls and Quick Balls over 20 times and still failed.

Around the Network
Galaki said:

How the hell you catch Tornadus?

I've false swiped, paralized, slowed and weakened it. Even tried to make it sleep but it couldn't.

Been using Ultra Balls and Quick Balls over 20 times and still failed.

I just put it to sleep and threw Quick Balls at him. Same for Thundurus.

Thundurus took me 8 Quick Balls and Tornadus only 4.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I tried putting it to sleep but it said failed?

Was that just a miss or cannot-be-slept?

Galaki said:

I tried putting it to sleep but it said failed?

Was that just a miss or cannot-be-slept?

Probably just a miss, no pokemon is immune to sleep unless they have the Insomnia, Vital Spirit or Soundproof ability, which Thundurus, Tornadus and Landorus don't have.

What are you using as a Sleep move, Sing or Hypnosis? If you're having that much trouble putting it to sleep, you could potentially wait until you can transfer Darkrai into your game and use Dark Void on it, or you could get a Darkrai from someone as a trade.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

My tornadus is on probably 5hp or less (I can't see the health bar), paralysed, and I throw quick balls at it - 25 balls later, and I still can't catch it ;_;

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:

My tornadus is on probably 5hp or less (I can't see the health bar), paralysed, and I throw quick balls at it - 25 balls later, and I still can't catch it ;_;

I assume Tornadus is more difficult to catch compared to Thundurus.

Rainbow Yoshi said:
radishhead said:

haha :p I'm probably just unlucky

For some reason, I had serious issues trying to catch a Basculin :S It was level 6, red Hp, paralysed, and took over 10 ultra balls to catch? Wut? xD

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:

Sleep gives you a better catch boost (2x) than Paralyze (1.5x).

Well, even with 1 HP, sleep and Quick Balls, the catch rate for Thundurus/Tornadus is 9,6%, so in theory you can throw all those balls and still not catch it, or you can catch it in one go. 

Current PC Build

Rainbow Yoshi said:
radishhead said:

Both have a catch rate of 3, on par with Virizion, Cobalion, Terrakion, Landorus and Kyurem.

Current PC Build

Tynamo was a tough catch. Way too fragile.

Next comes Axew, and i can drop Liepard and my team will be complete, but i have to clean out Skyla first...

Edit: I should note, however, that Tynamo came with a strong moveset, and it's attacks hurt more than they should have

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.